TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Kurt Angle vs. Christopher Daniels

Angle or Daniels  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better overall:

• Kurt Angle (WWE)
    • "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (RoH/TNA)

I think Daniels is better now, since Angle is broken down from his peak. A lot of the problem with Angle is the booking and writing has taken away his edge, not to mention he's stuck wrestling Cena.

Re: Royal Rumble 2003... remember, they didn't just get the crowd to give them a standing ovation, Steiner/HHH had KILLED THE CROWD beforehand and they were completely dead.

And not only that, crowds kept giving Benoit standing ovations after the match off the strength of that match for the next month. He was ridiclously over compared to where he was before that match from then on.

Guest Leelee
But if an informed person still picks Kurt Angle over Samoa Joe, you've got to be a pretty mean, petty individual to laugh at them or chide them for it.

Lolz.

I think it would be fun if Joe got signed by WWE... and the SHOCKING change of opinion that the bandwagon kids here would have. Well, after the first few months of OMG WWE DOESNT USE JOE RIIIGHT!! WAH!! HE SHOULD BE KILLING EVERYONE!!!.

RE: the ability of an amateur wrestler to 'get it' compared to a non-amateur wrestler:

Give me a guy that's been a 'pro wrestling' fan his whole life (even if he doesn't have 1 second of amateur wrestling experience) over a guy that's been a lifelong amateur wrestler but has limitied exposure to WWE-style wrestling.

Pro & amateur wrestling are two different sports. And ability in one sport does not automatically equate to ability in another. Mongo McMichael, anyone?

Mongo was a football player, not a wrestler. At least not as good as Kurt Angle or even Brock Lesnar.

I'm well aware, Porter. I didn't mean to leave it open ended for presumption that I was implying that Mongo was an amateur wrestler.

The points that I was trying to make were two-fold: the first is that pro wrestling and amateur wrestling are not the same sport, or even comparable. And that ability in one sport (be it football or amateur wrestling) doesn't necessarily equate to ability in another (pro wrestling). Mongo was a decent football player, and a not-so-decent wrestler.

Guest Leelee
Mongo was a decent football player, and a not-so-decent wrestler.

McMichael was a 2-time Pro Bowler.

They weren't amateur wrestlers.

The points that I was trying to make were two-fold: the first is that pro wrestling and amateur wrestling are not the same sport , or even comparable.

Sure they're comparable. Its wrestling. Football and wrestling are not wrestling.

If that's the mindset, then lets not call this wrestling. Lets call it Fake Fighting from now and on.

Edited by Cena's Writer

And - in my opinion - fake wrestling involving fake punching, fake kicking, worked 'submission' holds, etc, has nothing to do with legit amateur wrestling.

In one of the sports, your goal is to literally control your opponent and in the other your goal is to work with them.

And I thought that Luger was a former USFL and CFL player.

I understand Nl5xsk1's point but really there are better examples. Shelton Benjamin is an amateur wrestler and he botches spots a lot in WWE. Bobby Lashley is supposedly a celebrated amateur wrestler and he hasn't shown that in WWE at all.

Guest DuDe
Why/how did Kurt Angle forget how to cut a compelling promo? I mean, for a while there, he was one of the best mic workers in the WWF. Now, all he does is YELL. HE YELLS THE WHOLE TIME. HE DOES NOT CHANGE THE VOLUME OR INFLECTION OF HIS VOICE AT ANY POINT IN A SPEECH. IT IS ONE MONOTONOUS SHOUT THAT GOES ON FOR SEVERAL MINUTES. I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO FURTHER DEMONSTRATE MY POINT. ARE YOU SICK OF THIS. YES YOU ARE.

Ever since the WWE started hiring shitty writers that completely ruined his character. I liked his last promo on RAW though, Anti-American Angle can be a great heel.

As for the poll - I remember defending Angle on the TNA forum here, and I'll just repeat the point I've made back then. A wrestler's tallent is not determined by his in-ring ability, but also by his charisma and his microphone skills. Hell, charisma and mic skills are probably more important than actual wrestling skills, just look at the biggest crowd draws in the last 10 years and see how many of them couldn't wrestle for shit but could cut good promos. And in that department, Angle absolutely obliterates Daniels. I don't see how that can even be debated. Angle may not be able to make the spots that Daniels makes, nor can he take the bumps that Daniels takes, but he always was, and he always will be a far more entertaining character than Daniels. Daniels can't act for shit, while Angle can at the very least be funny when he's not crippled by WWE writers.

And shit, since when has it become fashionable to hate Angle? Wasn't he IWC's favourite wrestler just a few months ago?

Edited by DuDe

Guest Leelee
And shit, since when has it become fashionable to hate Angle? Wasn't he IWC's favourite wrestler just a few months ago?

Because one of the "reputable sources" online said he's going to die.

And he's in WWE. Where everyone sucks.

Once he dies people will be tripping over their dicks to love him and create avatars and sigs for him. This hating Angle era will be forgotten.

Guest Leelee

True. But, we have to wait until then.

And hopefully, Shelton is raised to the main event by then... so, the kids here can hate him the most. Especially for not going to our beloved savior TNA when he was down.

I'm trying to find all this hate that people have towards Angle. It seems to me there are a lot of absolute-ists (I know it's not a word) around here. I see criticisms of Angle's work, but not a bunch of flat out hatred. It seems if you are critical of Angle, you must hate him. This seems to go with not just this argument, but most of the other wrestling threads here. I think a lot of the criticisms lobbed toward Angle and his matches are justified, yet these criticisms don't deter me from enjoying Angle's work. Same with anything involving wrestling.

I guess I don't see where criticism=hatred.

Guest Leelee
I guess I don't see where criticism=hatred.

Try criticizing the big guy in my sig, once.

That isn't what A ment Leelee. He ment people are just saying they find Chris Daniels better than Kurt angle and stating reasons why. No one here is saying they out right hate Angle. No one here is saying that Angle has no buissness in the ring. No one is actually hating on Kurt Angle, so I don't know why you think people here now hate Kurt Angle.

I enjoy Daniels ringwork, but I'll always have a problem with the way the guy looks. It's not believable that a guy that looks like that has a chance against a guy that looks like Joe.

I'm sorry but it's like he's some sort of deformed half midget, half man who's neck is way too long, and he moves awkward. I think he started lifting weights when he was way too young or something.

Daniels is awesome. I love that little dog collar he wears...it's just so CUTE. And clearly Daniels puts more butts into seats - CLEARLY!!

Opinions are subjective, but some of you people are just insane. Daniels puts butts into seats? No, he doesn't outside of your elaborate fantasy universe.

Guest Leelee
That isn't what A ment Leelee. He ment people are just saying they find Chris Daniels better than Kurt angle and stating reasons why. No one here is saying they out right hate Angle. No one here is saying that Angle has no buissness in the ring. No one is actually hating on Kurt Angle, so I don't know why you think people here now hate Kurt Angle.

I know it wasn't his point. I'm just pointing out how if you criticize (or like) certain wrestlers here, it will be inferred as hate. Or "trolling". Except for a certain few who seem to want to constantly point out how overrated Angle is, I don't think anyone here "hates" him.