TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Fotball 12/26 - 12/31

You know, I hate Michigan more than believable but they got reamed in the ass all game long.

That would have been hilarious if the Wolverines had scored that play.

What a fucked up finish and im sure there will be a big deal made about the players being on the field.

With good reason, that should be a penalty. But then again, Michigan got buttfucked by calls the entire game.

Fucking awful. Absolutely fucking awful

That doesn't cover half of it. I liked how Trico and Herbie were just laughing in disbelief at the bad calls after being royally pissed early on. I mean, Michigan lost two time-outs for plays that should have been reviewed without question and THEN they lose about 15 seconds when the official just says "fuck it, we don't need to set the ball yet. Michigan has their schedule, I have mine".

And no, no flag at the end. There were Michigan players and coaches on the field as well.

Edited by 2GOLD

Here is what I want to know, the play was still alive right? Why did the Michigan player with the ball last run on the sideline when the ENTIRE field was open completely. He had two defenders within him and he went towards them.

I'm not saying it would made a difference but it was just something I noticed re-watching the final play.

Edited by Hawk 34

I'm partial to the Big XII and all but holy shit what a horribly officiated game.

As much as I want the Big XII to do good in the bowls I also want to see Bill Callahan crash and burn.

Also it probably would've been one of the funniest things ever if Michigan scored off that.

And what about Callahan after the game?

"Duhhhhhh........I didn't know what happened! I guess we won! Duh....."

And let's see what else was wrong:

-pass interference on Michigan's last pass. obvious interference at that

-that call on the Nebraska punt coverage. then he makes the EXACT same play and they don't call it. WTF? I don't care which way they call it but at least call it consistently.

The refs sucked, but I think there were a couple cases where the announcers were unfairly piling on.

First, the second time Carr called a timeout to get a replay looked at. IIRC, the booth looks at every play and only buzzes down if they need more time. Maybe they looked at the first replay, realized there was nothing there to overturn the call and did not feel the need to call a replay time out. Then once Carr called TO they figured they can look again for his sake, but unnecessarily.

Second, the last play. There should have been offsetting penalties. So it isn't like it hurt Michigan since they didn't score anyway, plus do they even get a 0:00 free play if there are offsetting penalties and not just a defensive penalty?

Yes, the refs sucked and there should be enough major conference refs to handle all major conference games, but it's not like they ruined the whole game.

emerald-bowl-150.gif

History

2004: Navy 34, New Mexico 19

2003: Boston College 35, Colorado State 21

2002: #22 Virginia Tech 20, Air Force 13

Georgia_Tech.gif

#24 Georgia Tech (7-4)

Last Bowl Appearance: 2004 Champs Sports Bowl (def. Syracuse 51-14)

All ACC Players

First Team

Calvin Johnson, Wide Receiver

Second Team

P.J. Daniels, Running Back

Eric Henderson, Defensive End

Gerris Wilkinson, Linebacker

Dawan Landry, Safety

utah.gif

Utah (6-5)

Last Bowl Appearance: 2005 Fiesta Bowl (def. Pittsburgh 35-7)

All Mountain West Players

First Team

Jesse Boone, Center

Dan Beardall, Kicker

Steve Fifita, Defensive Tackle

Spencer Toone, Linebacker

Erick Weddle, Cornerback

Second Team

Brian Johnson, Quarterback

Quinton Ganther, Running Back

Tavo Tupola, Tackle

Casey Evans, Safety

plhbcolor.JPG

Recent History

2004: #22 Texas Tech 45, #5 California 31

2003: #16 Washington State 28, #6 Texas 20

2002: #8 Kansas State 34, Arizona State 27

2001: #7 Texas 47, #15 Washington 43

2000: #10 Oregon 35, #12 Texas 30

1999: #6 Kansas State 24, Washington 20

1998: #7 Arizona 23, #11 Nebraska 20

oregon.gif

#5 Oregon (10-1)

Last Bowl Appearance: 2003 Sun Bowl (lost to Minnesota 30-31)

Last Bowl Win: 2002 Fiesta Bowl (def. Colorado 38-16)

All Pac-10 Players

First Team

Haloti Ngata, Defensive Tackle

Justin Phinisee, Cornerback

Second Team

Demetrius Williams, Wide Receiver

Enoka Lucas, Center

Anthony Trucks, Linebacker

Aaron Gipson, Cornerback

J.D. Nelson, Safety

oklahoma.gif

#23 Oklahoma (7-4)

Last Bowl Appearance: 2005 Orange Bowl (lost to USC 19-55)

Last Bowl Win: 2003 Rose Bowl (def. Washington State 34-14)

All Big XII Players

First Team

Adrian Peterson, Running Back

J.D. Runnels, Fullback

Davin Joseph, Tackle

Dusty Dovracek, Defensive Tackle

Rufus Alexander, Linebacker

Second Team

Travis Wilson, Wide Receiver

Calvin Thibodeaux, Defensive End

Clint Ingram, Linebacker

Chijioke Onyenegecha, Cornerback

Guest Leelee

Instead of the Emerald Bowl, it should be the Nut Bowl. And when is that poor bowl finally going to be cancelled? It always looks empty in San Fran.

Holiday Bowl should be a blast. Oregon, please win by 50 or more.

I feel bad for GT. I think they deserve a better bowl than that.

I would say that I'm excited for the Holiday Bowl but that'd be a lie. OU's pass defense is so piss poor in my eyes that I just don't think they can stop Oregon. On top of that OU lost its O-Coordinator so the O-Line coach will be taking over duties for this game and honestly the only way for OU to win on offense is to use AD and I know Oregon is going to be waiting for it b/c they've felt the wrath of AD before.

I just drew a parallel between OU and Michigan. Michigan has lost 3 bowl games in a row and two straight to the Big XII. OU is about to lose it's third straight bowl game and two straight to the Pac 10.

Two good bowl games today, with the Alamo being borderline great, IMO.

The bowl lineups get progressively better from here on out and I can't wait for the Rose Bowl. It just seems odd not having that Tennessee bowl game to look forward too, but they deserve it, damned Randy Sanders.

I played against Eric Weddle, first team All Mountain West. Utah will win the game, but I'll take solace in that I got a few good hits on him.

I feel bad for GT. I think they deserve a better bowl than that.

I would say that I'm excited for the Holiday Bowl but that'd be a lie. OU's pass defense is so piss poor in my eyes that I just don't think they can stop Oregon. On top of that OU lost its O-Coordinator so the O-Line coach will be taking over duties for this game and honestly the only way for OU to win on offense is to use AD and I know Oregon is going to be waiting for it b/c they've felt the wrath of AD before.

I just drew a parallel between OU and Michigan. Michigan has lost 3 bowl games in a row and two straight to the Big XII. OU is about to lose it's third straight bowl game and two straight to the Pac 10.

I've got a way better parallel for you. Nebraska is a Big XII team that looked like an embarrassment at one point, but finished the season strong (destroying Colorado), and then beat a heavy favorite in their bowl game.

Oklahoma is a Big XII team that looked like an embarrassment at one point, but finished the season strong (would have won their last 6 if not for a bad call vs. Texas Tech), and will likely beat a heavily favored Oregon team int heir bowl game.

Seriously, I think the Sooners take this one.

On Cold Pizza this AM they pointed out several holding non-calls against Michigan during their hook and ladder sequence so the players being on the field early wouldn't matter anyway. They should have offset and given Michigan one last play from the original line of scrimmage.

What was even worse was that Nebraska looked like they didn't even care that Michigan was rumbling down the field with that ball. If it wasn't for Bowman having a head on his shoulders they would have lost!

Speaking of OU finishing strong(should've beaten Tech god damn you refs) they really do need AD in this game and I don't think anybody can deny that. I just wonder if he'll have a chance to make a big play.

I mean against Nebraska he drug a defender into the endzone for about 5 yards, against Texas Tech he fucking HURLED a defender out of bounds when the defender came in to tackle him, and against OSU he had TD runs of 73 and 82 untouched. He needs to do something like that to even have a shot.

I don't blame the players so much, they were caught up in the moment...they thought the play was over when the Michigan guy muffed the ball and dropped it...I blame coaches for not paying attention (Callahan was busy taking a gatorade bath when he shoulda been watching) and keeping their players on the sidelines and of course, the stupid refs.

Callahan's an idiot.

If Michigan had won I was waiting for ESPN to declare Henne the player of the game, future of Michigan football, and a frontrunner for the Heisman.

He really didn't play that bad of a game. He accounted for all 4 of Michigan's TDs. But Avant has got to be killing himself over that fumble.

Guest Leelee

Is Oregon or Oklahoma the home team tonight?

I hope Oregon doesn't bust out an ugly jersey.

I want to enjoy watching them beatdown OU.

Generally the higher ranked team is the home team.

I picked Oregon for our pick em' contest at the paper but the guy I'm fighting for first picked Oregon as well. I actually need Texas Tech and Georgia to win to take the contest at work.

I could see Ok. pulling off the upset tonight. I think that Oregon could have a what happens to good teams that go to the NIT happen to them. Letdown instead of getting angry over a snub.

I could see Ok. pulling off the upset tonight. I think that Oregon could have a what happens to good teams that go to the NIT happen to them. Letdown instead of getting angry over a snub.

Oregon was favored by like 10 and it's come all the way down to 3.

I can't remember who said it I think it was either Herbstreit or Holtz that pointed out that yeah Cal got mad and got beat but the reasone he doesn't think that will happen to Oregon is because of who they're playing.

I mean Texas Tech's name doesn't inspire fear in anyone. But off of pure name value alone Oregon should be thinking "oh shit we're playing Oklahoma. this is big."

Oklahoma shouldve won that Texas Tech game. If they had beaten TCU as well do you think they wouldve been in the BCS at 10-2 (with losses to UCLA and Texas?

Rumor has it that Oregon might bust out an all new jersey for the bowl game, posssibly with the different color sleeve that VT and Florida wore earlier this season.

Oregon was favored by like 10 and it's come all the way down to 3.

I can't remember who said it I think it was either Herbstreit or Holtz that pointed out that yeah Cal got mad and got beat but the reasone he doesn't think that will happen to Oregon is because of who they're playing.

I mean Texas Tech's name doesn't inspire fear in anyone. But off of pure name value alone Oregon should be thinking "oh shit we're playing Oklahoma. this is big."

What you're missing is that Oregon's nowhere near as good as Cal was. That Cal team was one incomplete pass from beating USC and playing for the national title. Oregon hasn't beaten a Top 25 team all year long. The talent disparity between Oregon and Oklahoma is so slim that it can easily be overcome by matchups, regardless of motivation.

Oklahoma shouldve won that Texas Tech game. If they had beaten TCU as well do you think they wouldve been in the BCS at 10-2 (with losses to UCLA and Texas?

Rumor has it that Oregon might bust out an all new jersey for the bowl game, posssibly with the different color sleeve that VT and Florida wore earlier this season.

Not with so many one loss teams out there.

But I mean this current OU team would eat TCU alive and they should've beaten Texas Tech.

And if Bomar didn't have so many exchange problems with the center and Peterson was healthy then OU would've probably beaten UCLA.

So they could very well be 10-1 or 11-1 with this young team.

The whole campus is excited that OU is going to rule next season. I think they'll still have trouble with Texas and A&M at A&M.

Guest Leelee

Cal didn't beat anyone in the Top 25, either... except for ASU who was like 20th. I'm not seeing how Cal is so much better because of that.

And apparently Oregon is debuting another ugly jersey. Blah.

Go Ducks, anyway.

Guest Leelee
But I mean this current OU team would eat TCU alive and they should've beaten Texas Tech.

And that TCU team is probably also significantly better, since they lost to SMU after beating your heroes.

If Oregon loses I doubt it will be because of the BCS letdown. It will be because Oklahoma was probably just a better team. Oklahoma probably has the 2nd most talented players Oregon has faced this season. I guess by the same token the Ducks are the 2nd most talented team OU will face as well. Oregon has shown that they can give up the run and win (Marshawn Lynch dropped 195 yds rushing). Im guessing this matchup comes down to QB play.

If theyre debuting the jersey I saw it looks pretty bad ass. At least compared to their other unis.