TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

I have the Wrestlemania Anthology Collection

a) If you want the first 14 WrestleManias in DVD quality

b) If you want 21 3-hour PPVs for an average of ~$10 each

then yes, get this boxset.

Yes it does.

WMX7 was actually the first time I noticed WWE edited shows from PPV to DVD. Actually, I noticed that in 2000 when I was watching Backlash on VHS and swore I remembered a blown spot in the Essa Rios/Eddie match. Anyway, WM17 was the first time I noticed they removed references to their sponsor on PPV. I don't know when they actually started to do that, though.

Besides "And now.... SNICKERS PRESENTS..." being edited from the original, you can no longer see Eddie Guerrero fall off the ring apron. I assume that edit was kept on the new DVD.

ah man that was a funny moment too. i can care less about sponsors as they have been doing that for awhile anyhow.

oh well I would still like to get my hands on an original x-7 disc, to have no blurring issues but whatever.

on wm 20 at the start of victoria-molly they edited out the on screen ad for tix still aviable for raw tom night and the king and jr discussing that. they just are silent for a minute and teh ad doesnt appear on screen

wm 21 3 disc set this year edited the messed up "two count" during trish-christy (christy pinned trish and she was supposed to kick out at 2, but didnt, but the ref stopped counting anyhow), on the dvd, they cut to a reverse angle and make it looked like she kicked out at 2, it's really noticeable and annoying.I have the backlash 2000 video but dont know if they edited Eddys match, as I never saw it live on ppv

in my wm legacy set theres a few edits, like in wm6 they eidted out demolitions interview after their match, and on wm 7, they dont show either demos or kitao/tenryus prematch promos with trebek or whoever it was.

Flair's second WWF theme, which was used for the majority of his 1991-1993 run, was produced by Jimmy Hart.

Apparently most of Hart's themes were edited on the Antholgy Collection.

But yeah, as of a year ago, WWE was replacing Flair's last WCW theme, which he also used in WWE from 2001-2004, with the 1991-1993 Jimmy Hart theme on DVD releases.

i havent got the collection as yet, one minute im saying that im definately gonna get it, then wont the next! should i purchase?

I'm in the same boat, I've been watching some being sold on ebay, deepdiscountdvd.com is backordered for the whole set, or you can buy all four volumes seperately, you just dont get the case or WM 21.

Eh, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I had the Legacy collection on VHS, the VQ was crappy, they were all produced in EP format, but the edits weren't there (seems like all the original music was used, etc.). I sold the Legacy set for money to get the new DVD set. It's edited a lot music-wise, but it's also really cool to have all these shows in DVD quality. To me, that makes up for the minor annoyance of music edits.

That's just me though, I know the music alone has deterred several people from purchasing the new set. To me, it's not an issue - having the WM's in lasting, pristine DVD video quality is worth a lot to me.