TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

Dynamite Results

K-1 "Dynamite" Results

I'm not gonna post any results here just in case someone planned on watching it. Regardless, Heath Herring may be the stupidest human being alive. Well, he is a Texan, and I guess they don't fuck around when it comes to shit like that. :boxing:

I must say also that I'm pretty satisfied with the result of Genki/KID.

benoit- Pretty much every other fourm online right now is saying that Kid/Genki was one of the most bullshit stoppages eve. Care to elaborate on what made it acceptable?

Edited by Lord of The Curry

According to ADCombat.net, Kid nails Genki with a right hook that drops him to the mat, and as Genki struggles to get his legs up to defend the follow up, Kid misses one right hand but lands a second on Genki's chin, causing the ref stoppage. Genki is up in short order to protest, obviously forgetting where he is. So much for the Featherweight Hunter.

~SPOILER .GIF FILE OF HILARIOUS GAYNESS~

animation26rc.gif

You can read it in his face that Heath thinks about waiting for the bell to knock this guy out.

Then he changes his mind.

Edited by Lord of The Curry

More on Genki/Kid (from SpacePotato at SD):

Well the important part was the ending: Kid lands a big overhand right on Genki's neck; didn't really look like it hit with full power. But Genki goes down backwards, looking like he got rocked really good and decided to go down under control instead of trying to stay on his feet and be open to more strikes. Kid jumps between his legs, but stays standing and starts dropping bombs, a couple of which land. Genki is not out, but is not defending the punches well and is not able to contain Kid with his legs in his guard or anything. Ref takes the safe route and stops it there. It was a bit quick for my taste, but within the acceptable range of "better safe than sorry" stoppages. I still think Genki was coherent and was probably capable of continuing to fight when it was stopped. But from the ref's point of view, he had been knocked down, was failing to stop the follow up punches on the ground, and he probably thought he should stop it before one of the follow up bombs landed really solidly and Genki got hurt.

And on Nakao/Herring:

Nakao oversold that punch to a pretty ridiculous degree, but even if done semi-playfully, Heath overreacted by punching Nakao for going Hard Gay on him.

Edited by Lei Tong

benoit- Pretty much every other fourm online right now is saying that Kid/Genki was one of the most bullshit stoppages eve. Care to elaborate on what made it acceptable?

Well, I didn't see it, I just liked the fact that

KID

won. I'll probably download it when I get back to school and my high speed connection :wub:

Here's a detailed article on the event: K-1 Dynamite!

Edited by benoitrulz4life