TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

Sorting out the World Title picture

Guest Fook
I would have Cena turn full blown heel at the Rumble by costing HBK the WWE Title shot during the Rumble match, and somehow letting Hunter win. At WM, Hunter beats Cena for the title in a long and bloody match, because Cena looks good in them, but as a beaten Hunter is raising the WWE Title, Edge comes out and demands his MITB title shot, because, as WM is not yet over, his MITB contract is still valid, Hunter has no choice but to defend the title against Edge. Edge wins quickly, probably in less than a minute, and comes out of WM as WWE Champion. This accomplishes three things:

It gets the belt off Cena.

It gets the belt off of Hunter. He’s going to have to lose it again a few more times anyway because he wants to get to 17, and this way he does it in a way that gives him his long waited WM win, but also means he comes out of WM as losing too. This in turn gives him a great deal of political capital when it comes to getting whatever he wants in future. Not that he needs help in that department, but it can’t hurt.

You get at least three PPV main events out of an Edge vs. Cena vs. Hunter program. Edge is the chickenshit heel who took advantage of a bloody and exhausted Hunter to take the WWE Title from him. Hunter is the tweener who got screwed out of the WWE Title by the previous administration (which can also give him a television feud with Eric Bischoff and whoever he manages, and is going after the guy who stole his title. And Cena is the former champion who wants his title back, but has heat with both Edge and Hunter because Hunter beat him for the belt but Edge is the guy who has it, so he wants to face both of them, with Hunter being for revenge and Edge being for the belt.

The main problem I see with this is the face/heel dynamic. You're turning Cena heel, keeping Edge heel, and making HHH a tweener. There's no clear face for the fans to get behind. HHH as a defacto face just doesn't work well. Edge as a face is boring and with him walking out of WM with the title in such a chickenshit way, there's no way the fans would cheer him. Cena as the face in this situation could work if you didn't turn him heel two months earlier. Turning him back this quickly would have dire consequences for his overness.

I think that ending Cena's title reign would be enough to turn Hunter, or anyone, major babyface. That's also why I think this scenario could give Edge a ton of heat, because he comes out and screws over the guy who just gave the fans what they've wanted for months, which is getting the title off of Cena. The fans want the belt off Cena so bad that if they do that, but then a heel screws over the guy who did it and takes the title right back from him, they'll get behind the guy, in this case Hunter, because they were so into him for finally getting the belt away from Cena. At this point, Cena would be flaunting in the fans faces that they want him to lose the belt but that it isn't going to happen.

Guest JMA

...and Edge could've dumped and then attacked Lita to get mega-heat

Attacking women makes you a babyface in WWE.

I still wanted to see him turn on her. In kayfabe terms she doesn't bring much to the table. All she's done is provoke other wrestlers to attack Edge (Kane, Hardy). Besides, why would Edge have any loyalty to a whore?

Guest JMA
Especially one that has been portrayed as a huge skank like Lita. I just wished she got fired or something.

There was no real reason to keep her after the Edge/Hardy feud.

Guest JMA

Besides, why would Edge have any loyalty to a whore?

Easy pussy.

You'd think he'd just shack up with one of the diva search losers (they seem easy). No one attacks him that way.

Easy pussy.

You'd think he'd just shack up with one of the diva search losers (they seem easy). No one attacks him that way.

There is no need to hire a new body when it's already established that Lita will entertain any and all who wish to partake. Edge clearly doesn't care what being with Lita gets him, so it would seem like she's a demon in the sack.

Guest JMA

Easy pussy.

There is no need to hire a new body when it's already established that Lita will entertain any and all who wish to partake. Edge clearly doesn't care what being with Lita gets him, so it would seem like she's a demon in the sack.

He also apparently doesn't care what other guys she screws. Didn't he whore her out to Snitsky one time?

To all the people that want HHH in the title scene for this WrestleMania, I have to disagree with that for two reasons:

1)Triple H has been in World Title level matches the past 4 WrestleManias (Undisputed at X-8, World at XIX, XX, and 21)

2)There's already a feud set up from LAST WrestleMania they could do: Triple H vs. JBL.

There has been some good ideas in the thread. If only WWE creative thought like fans instead of sucking up to the McMahon's bizzare view on "entertainment".

Anyway, I can't personally see where the hell WWE is going with Wrestlemania this year. I mean, what kind of build up or hints have been given so far? Last year, we had the Batista slow burn and it seemed obivious that John Cena was going to get a big push after his feud with Carlito/Jesus. This year however, nothing.

Cena is seemingly trapped in a never ending feud with Kurt Angle and Batista is currenly being made out to be a rapist, not the WWE do rape of course. Not exactly hot prospects going into the biggest show of the year.

It did look like WWE could have made a strong go with Randy Orton heading into Wrestlemania but another lose to Undertaker last month has just made him look weak. I mean, why would fans buy him as legit threat after that?

The only real storyline that could be used is the MITB titleshot contract that Edge won last year at Wrestlemania but I don't see them using Edge in WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

Unless WWE pulls something out of the bag pretty soon this Wrestlemania looks pretty fucked to me.

I'm thinking Cena vs Edge for the title at Wrestlemania, if Edge is healed by that time. He has to use that title shot he has by WM22 right? I mean it wouldn't make any sense if he didn...wait I'm going to stop myself right there. I almost forgot this is the WWE.

[rant]

Vince is purposely fucking up WWE to help build TNA as a viable competitor so the business can get hot again. I truly believe this. We're getting near the decade mark where things will slowly start going uphill... ten years ago at this time, Nitro debuted and started the Monday night wars... ten years and a month later, Impact debuts on Spike and gets a push behind it.

And I know this is TECHNICALLY the wrong folder or whatever, but I don't care... it does still relate in the sense that the company is in such disarray right now, their biggest PPV of the year is looking to have a bleak card.

This time three years from now, WWE and TNA will be in competition and the business will be hot again. It got hot in the second half of the 80s and the 90s, and I think it will again soon.

Then in 2011, WWE will buy out TNA and everything will fall apart all over again when the biggest star they sign out of TNA for the invasion is Sonjay Dutt.

[/rant]

I would say HHH/Cena at Mania but with Edge's title shot still in the air, I doubt a heel is going to win between now and Mania. I could see Edge using his shot at RR since it's the last Raw ppv before Mania but then again, he has a fued with Flair now. If Edge loses to Flair, all his heat is done and if he wins, I doubt he's going to have enough heat for a world title shot.

I like Cena as champ and he's good for business as far as generating money. His movie is due out soon so a heel turn isn't in the works. We might see him hold the title til at least Summerslam. I still think the only reason he got the title at Mania last year was to help his music cd.

HTQ's scenario is pretty good except for the part that HHH is the babyface. I don't think people will buy the PPV to see Cena lose to a tweener. I think HBK would work better in this scenario then HHH. Michaels is still very over with the fans and they can hype it as "see HBK going for the WWE Title one last time". Ofcourse he gets fucked by Edge after he beats Cena in a brutal match. Then you can do Edge/HBK, HBK/Cena again, Cena/Edge/HBK etc....I don't see Triple H working in this scenario, he has been used way too much in the main event and he's not over enough.

What I also would like to see is HBK turning Heel at NYR with help from Vince McMahon. I don't really want to see Vince wrestling again, but I would be very interested in HBK being a Heel Champion. His Heel run this summer was the best Heel run in a long time. I was dissapointed he turned back Face.

A thing I would like to see as well is have Kane win the WWE Title at NYR. It makes sense he wins the belt because he has been dominating everybody lately. He even beat the World Champion. And Kane gets out of the chamber last. Kane wins the World Title, big shocker. I don't really know what to do with him then but I'm sure we can think of something. I don't think Big Show/Kane would work, although they HAVE been dominating RAW lately, it can be a good second main event.

Ofcourse what I also would like to see is Batista/Cena. Last year at the Rumble they fought a little in the end but I want to see them clash and then the question will be, who is the better champion.

Let's make one thing very clear: There are no serious plans for fucking Edge! Everyone here has these grandiose ideas regarding Edge and the MITB, but he's not going to use it the last 2 mins of WM, or whatever. He's just going to beat Flair and get the IC title at NYR, then cash in his MITB at the Rumble (feeling he's now on a hot streak)...and then job out quietly to Cena. The best scenario for Edge would be to ask whoever the new GM is for another MITB opportunity at WM.

If it's Dusty Rhodes I can just see a new MITB being determined by the....LETHAL LOTTERY~!

Guest Gary Busey
2)There's already a feud set up from LAST WrestleMania they could do: Triple H vs. JBL.

I completely forgot about this. They should do HHH/JBL at WM. They could put on a nice bloody brawl.

Who cares if there on no plans for Edge? People are trying to figure out the best scenerio, not the most realistic one. The most realistic one is either Triple winning the Rumble and going on to face Cena or Triple H winning a number one contenders match and going on to face Cena. I'd say the first is more likely to happen since Smackdown has a PPV to get a number one contender. While all this happens, Edge will probably face RVD for the IC title in a 7 minute match, or something as equally underwhelming for both guys. Now that's not as fun as HTQ's scenerio, is it?

Guest Nathan

Unfortunatly, the respective main events for Raw and Smackdown look to be headed in the direction of Helmsley/Cena and Orton/Batista. With the rumors of Foley/Angle and Michaels/McMahon flying around, and Benoit's contract set to expire, this Wrestlemania doesn't look very promising.

Ofcourse what I also would like to see is Batista/Cena. Last year at the Rumble they fought a little in the end but I want to see them clash and then the question will be, who is the better champion.

Most of the crowd was behind Cena last year at the Rumble. Results would be a lot different now.

Batista was not a clear cut face at the Rumble however, still technically being in Evolution.

Honestly, I don't think there will be an IC title match at WM at all. At this point they like to cram a million guys into matches to get everyone on the show. Which is why I said just do another MITB scenario and cram Edge, RVD, Carlito, Masters, Shelton et al. into the PPV. Shelton had the IC last year going into that match.

Most of the crowd was behind Cena last year at the Rumble. Results would be a lot different now.

I know, so Batista can play the Face, Cena can turn Heel if ya want.

HTQ's scenario is pretty good except for the part that HHH is the babyface.

I think there is a good chance Hunter will go into WM as a babyface. If the current plans of Cena vs. Hunter and Batista vs. Orton take place, then it is very likely that both main titles are going to change hands. Right now, both Hunter and Orton are heels and they aren't going to end WM with two heels winning their top singles titles. That means a babyface turn for one of them, and of Hunter and Orton the most likely to turn is Hunter, because he can at least play the role well, while Orton is a terrible babyface. Not only that, but turning babyface gives him a reason to beat Cena, and feud with Edge or Kane and beat them. He’ll probably beat Show at NYR too, which he should if he’s headlining WM, and if he turns babyface soon enough he won’t have to give Show his win back. Turning babyface is win-win for Hunter. He gets to be the one to take the belt off Cena in a WM main event win he can say he is owed, has good reason to beat Edge or Kane in a feud, and gets to get out of giving Show his win back.

I think it's going to take ALOT for fans to rally behind HHH as a face.

I dont know, they seemed willing to cheer him when he returned at homecoming, but that may just be the return factor

Just dont have him insult the fans, yet stay the badass tweener, and they would take to him