TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

Your Favorite Return

Jericho debuting in the WWF.

Tazz debuting in the WWF.

Triple H returning to the WWF in 2002 at MSG.

Taker returning to the WWF in 2000 at Judgment Day.

Steve Austin returning to the WWE at No Way Out 2003.

Chris Benoit returning to the WWE in 2002 after his neck surgery, then turning on Steve Austin cause he's the man.

Kurt Angle's return to the WWE in 2003 after neck surgery, just because of the "Clocks" video package that hyped him up.

Shawn Michaels' return to the ring at Summerslam 2002 was amazing.

Ultimate Warrior returning to the WWF at Wrestlemania 8 is pretty cool.

Edited by HartFan86

In my mind, the greatest return was The Undertaker as the American Badass at Judgment Day 2000 for the Rock/HHH Iron Man.

The part that sticks out the most is when he got to the ring and stared everyone in the ring down, you can see the crowd behind him literally jumping up and down. The heat was insane. And then he proceeded to clean house.

Awesome return.

That was one of the best endings to a match ever. If you don't mark out, then you aren't a wrestling fan. Everyone of those guys involved did such an awesome job in the whole match, especially the really hot finish.

Guest Leelee

Hogan, BATB '96. He was gone for a couple months before that. I'll never forget talking to a few of my friends the next Monday, and listening to them weep. I loved it so much.

- The Warrior on Nitro

- Flair's return on Nitro, reforming the Horsemen

- ECW reuniting on RAW July 2001

- The nWo at No Way Out

- Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam 2002

- The Rock at No Way Out 2003

- Rowdy Roddy Piper at WM 19

- Legion of Doom, May 2003

- Ultimo Dragon's WWE debut

- Marty Jannety and Jake the Snake Roberts on the same night!

- the bWo

- The Godfather at Vengeance

All-time favorite: Chris Jericho in WWF

In my mind, the greatest return was The Undertaker as the American Badass at Judgment Day 2000 for the Rock/HHH Iron Man.

The part that sticks out the most is when he got to the ring and stared everyone in the ring down, you can see the crowd behind him literally jumping up and down. The heat was insane. And then he proceeded to clean house.

Awesome return.

That was one of the best endings to a match ever. If you don't mark out, then you aren't a wrestling fan. Everyone of those guys involved did such an awesome job in the whole match, especially the really hot finish.

I have to agree.

I can't stand Undertaker these days but that was one hell of a return. The whole fucking crowd just went apeshit. I marked out so much. Great stuff.

Jericho's WWE debut was one of the most bad ass things that I had ever seen, especially considering that I had no idea what the hell was going on with that millenium countdown. The internet has kinda ruined any returns since then.

Steiner at SurSer 2002 was pretty fucking fantastic before he botched his career.

DDP on Raw revealing himsef as the stalker had me marking pretty hard. I REALLY wanted to see a true DDP/Taker feud that portrayed them as equals. What a shame.

Edited by Just call me Dan

Damn, I cant believe I forgot about Undertaker's return at Judgement Day 2000. It's been few and far between that I've seen a crowd thrown into such a frenzy as I did that night. The creepy monologue at the beginning of his theme was the most chilling since the one that crow-Sting started using at Clash of the Champions in 1997.

"As I lay me down to sleep

I pray my soul is mine to keep

And never step outside this bed

never.....forget all the evil

now back from the dead

*hit creepy Undertaker gong sound*

HE'S HERE!"

I wish WWE would've continued to let 'Taker use American Badass for a theme instead of having him switch to the godawful Rollin'.

Edited by Haws bah gawd

Austin's return in late 98/early 99 when he WHACKED the Rock with the chair and helped Mick Foley win his first WWF title had nuclear heat. Even though that was telegraphed earlier during the show, and Austin wasn't really gone long, that was a great return.

Others

- Owen Hart beats the shit out of Shawn Michaels- DeGeneration X PPV in December of 1997.

- Bret Hart's return speech, Raw October 1996

- Michaels return on Raw, July 1998 (He was off of television since WrestleMania 14)

- Several of the Rock's returns after becoming a Hollywood star

- Cactus Jack returns against Triple H, MSG Raw 1997, and SmackDown! January 2000.