TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

Your Favorite Return

We've seen some great returns of wrestlers over the years. We've also seen some really shitty ones *cough*Mark*Henry*cough*

I remember going nuts when The Rock came back after Austin walked out of the company.

What did you mark out hard for?

I was ecstatic when Triple H made his return in 2002. Oh, if I had but known.

Shane-O-Mac.

Stupid little dance, didn't get to talk, quick little stunner, and gone for three weeks.

It was perfect in every way.

First return off the top of my head is Marty Jannetty's brief return with the Rockers reunion and his match against Kurt Angle.

*waits for the "shouldn't this be in General/Old School" post*

I can't really say there's been a *return* that's really overwhelmed me recently. The last new appearance that legitimately shocked me was Goldberg, since I hadn't seen them hyping up his appearance after WM. Other than that, it was the Radicals. I remember thinking that night "WTF, is that Saturn in the audience?" And right when I thought that, they jumped out and pounded the Outlaws into jelly, and I loved every second of it.

I was shocked to see Warrior back in WCW, too.

*waits for the "shouldn't this be in General/Old School" post*

I can't really say there's been a *return* that's really overwhelmed me recently. The last new appearance that legitimately shocked me was Goldberg, since I hadn't seen them hyping up his appearance after WM. Other than that, it was the Radicals. I remember thinking that night "WTF, is that Saturn in the audience?" And right when I thought that, they jumped out and pounded the Outlaws into jelly, and I loved every second of it.

I was shocked to see Warrior back in WCW, too.

Agreed on Radicals and Warrior. Warrior was great until they gave him a mic and he babbled for a half hour about something. I don't think anyone to this day has a clue what the fuck he was talking about. I remember the words "trees" "squirrels" and "two things" after which he said 15 things so I had no idea which two things I was supposed to focus on.

I've always maintained that if they were to ever somehow induct Warrior into the HOF and get him to appear, I'd order the show and tape it and watch his acceptance speech every day.

I've always maintained that if they were to ever somehow induct Warrior into the HOF and get him to appear, I'd order the show and tape it and watch his acceptance speech every day.

Shit, clear an hour for Wrestlemania to let him give his speech and I'LL shell out 49.95 for the show. Warrior with a live open mic will be comedy gold. I won't understand one fucking thing he is saying except the really offensive shit and I'll love every damn minute of it.

I liked it when HHH returned from death in 2001 and attacked Austin, if for no other reason than to listen to JR's reaction.

Daivari as Angle's guest ref was good, because it was so random. One of my friends joked that the ref would be Muhammad Hassan, and when the music hit, for a split second I thought he was right.

My favorite all time is Sting in 1997 at Uncensored. The NWO just won the ME, but Sting came from the rafters and beat the hell out of all the top guys.

Guest NitroJMS

I've always loved the Warrior's return at WrestleMania VIII. It was my first PPV ever and a huge markout moment.

Say what you will about the man, but HHH's return to RAW in early 2002, after the quad tear was unbelievable. That's still one of the loudest crowd reactions I've ever heard. That's one of the few returns to send chills down my spine. I had several friends over at the house that night to watch his return, and we were not disappointed.

The all-time best though has to be Flair's return to WCW and the Horsemen after Bischoff suspended him. Flair pretty much shooting on Bischoff was a thing of beauty.

"You son of a bitch.....you abuse of power.......fire me.....I'm already fired!!!!!"

Edge's return at the first-ever Draft Lottery sticks out in my mind, because I thought that he was gonna have RAW all to himself. But, I was wrong.

Also, anytime Bret Hart returned in the WWF or WCW made me happy. I also marked out for the return of the Hart Foundation, back in 1997.

Some of my favourites:

Eddie returning on the first Raw only show in 2002

Flair's & Lawler's return the day after Survivor Series 01

Goldust & Mr. Perfect's returns in the 2002 Rumble

Rick Rude's return in 97 (to the WWF not WCW)

No in was in January 02, and it was from his quad tear.

Some of the recent returns:

Ric Flair - 1998

HHH - 2000 (after being out after the HIAC match)

Ric Flair - 2001

HHH - 2002

Mr. Perfect - 2002

The Rock - 2004

Paul Heyman replacing Lawler on the announce booth. When the camera zoomed out/panned over to show him beside JR, I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. I'd even read the rumors that he was the likely choice, but it was still shocking to see it actually happen.

Several others have made mentions of the ones I liked including Mr. Perfect at the Royal Rumble, Eddie's return to Raw and frog splashing RVD, and the Radicalz showing up on Raw really stick out to me.

The fake return I loved was when Austin walked one time and Flair was going on about Austin and Stone Cold's music hit, and instead Eddie came out. Still makes me laugh thinking about it.

Guest droptoehold

Survivor Series 1998

Duane Gill

did not expect him

great intro by vince

and him walkin the asile

still as funny now as then

The ojne''s that stand out for me are-

Eddies return to Raw, where he showed RVD how to REALLY do the Frog Splash.

Paul Heyman takes over commentary. I had little knowledge of who he was at the time, but it was a shock to not see King there.

Eric Bischoff debuts and gives Vince a hug.

Flair style's and Profiles onto Raw, interupting the Vince-Angle lovefest.

Undertaker returns at Judgement Day and costs Rock the title, albeit accidently.

Shane shows up on Raw, then gets stunned two seconds later.

Saddly, the debut of the Radicalz didn't mean anything to me at the time, because I had just started watching wrestling again for the 1st time since the 80's, so I didn't even know who they were. Funnily enough, I though Saturn would be the break-out star of the group at the time.

Jannetty's return earlier in the year was awesome. I was at the event live in "Atlanta" (it was really in Duluth, but WWE says Atlanta). I had no idea Jannetty was going to be there. Not only did I get the awesome visual of Michaels & Jannetty on-screen together again, they actually did a Rockers reunion. That was easily the highlight of the year for me.

Guest The Showcase

In my mind, the greatest return was The Undertaker as the American Badass at Judgment Day 2000 for the Rock/HHH Iron Man.

The part that sticks out the most is when he got to the ring and stared everyone in the ring down, you can see the crowd behind him literally jumping up and down. The heat was insane. And then he proceeded to clean house.

Awesome return.