TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Minor Weird Things Wrestlers Have Done

So, I'm watching another Challenge ep (this one from early 1995 when they could barely fill a high school gymnasium), and two things come to mind.

#1 ----- I forgot how entertaining Mr. Bob Backlund was. After squashing some poor ham-n-egger w/ the chicken wing, a bunch of referees came in to break it up. They were unsuccessful. So, 2 jobbers enter (one being Chris Kanyon) and finally pry Backund off only for him to put it on the non-Kanyon jobber. So, Kanyon gets Backlund to break the hold again. After standing around in a daze, Backlund finally decides to leave. However, I was scratching my head as Kanyon turned his back to Backlund in an effort to help the 2 shmucks out. I was SO hoping for Backlund to pop the hold on Kanyon just so he could leave everyone laying.

#2 ----- Mark Starr wrestled a squash. Boy, this guy was hot jobber property. I remember him almost every week on Worldwide in 1993-94 getting beat in the "Jim Powers" role where he gets some solid token offense since he's an athletic guy. Then, he pops up on Challenge to job to Davey Boy Smith (and probably others) in 1995 only to go back to job in WCW later that year until about 1997. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations.