TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

Would anyone buy a real wrestling belt?

Guest bigm350

I've been a big wrestling championship belt fan for as long as I can remember, but one thing I can't understand or justify spending a huge amount of money on is a wrestling belt. Yeah, I have a few of the Figures Inc replica belts, but I can't justify dropping a grand or two on a piece of leather with gold plates. One of the other sites I visit is a site dedicated to wrestling championship belts,( yes, there is a site like this). And there are alot of people who have actual, real wrestling belts, made by guys like Reggie Parks, and Dave Millican. Alot of the people seem to think that the Figures belts are worthless, and if you are a true beltmark, you'll save every last penny you have until you save up $2500 for an official WWF logoed belt. I think its insane.

Anyways, maybe I'm wrong and there are people here who would spend that much on a wrestling belt. I, myself could never justify spending that kind of money on anything that would just sit on a shelf and collect dust. Would you?

I think it's insane as well. I don't understand dropping 2k on a "real" belt, unless it's the actual belt Hogan wore at WM 3, or Austin's first smoking skull belt, etc. It's not like you are buying a REAL WWF Belt--you are still buying a replica. Just because it's exactly like the real thing doesn't mean anything--to me, at least.

The Figures, Inc. belts are awesome. Just because it isn't made by the same guy who made the original Winged Eagle belt is meaningless.

I am one of the biggest WWE marks around here, and I watch every WWE show (and most other shows from other companies) and think about wrestling all the time. I'd like a belt... but I haven't been able to justify spending $200-250 on a REPLICA yet, much less a "real" belt.

Maybe the people who buy the real belts have a lot of money, while we might put down 10-40 bucks on a belt without any problems, maybe two grand is like 40 bucks to some people who are well off financially. I know that if I ever won the lottery I would buy a lot of useless fun shit that I otherwise would never consider getting.

Maybe the people who buy the real belts have a lot of money, while we might put down 10-40 bucks on a belt without any problems, maybe two grand is like 40 bucks to some people who are well off financially. I know that if I ever won the lottery I would buy a lot of useless fun shit that I otherwise would never consider getting.

*oops, sorry about the double post.

Guest bigm350

There might be a few guys on this beltmark board who might be well off financially, but other than that, most of these people seem to be working middle class people, who might have kids. I've heard a few of them say that their dream was to always own a real WWF logoed belt, and they would do anything to get one.

I do applaud someone's patience and dedication if they're willing to save up like that, but it seems to me there's alot of other things out there that I would rather spend a grand or two on, than a real wrestling belt.

A buddy of mine got one for his birthday from an ex. He said he loves it, but would have never paid the 300 for it.

Fun fact: Another buddy used to run an indy fed. He said their belts were actually WWF replicas with custom made stickers on them.

I'd never spend a few thousand dollars on a real belt unless I was in the situation that I had so much money that I could spend it on anything. I do have two replicas made by FiguresToyCompany, though. I paid around $200 for each in times when I had extra money to spend.

When I was still in college I thought it would be awesome to buy one of those belts (not the really expensive ones, but the ones in like the $200-300 range). Then I realized that it would just be a fancy piece of faux leather sitting on my bedroom shelf, and there were other things I could spend my money on that would actually get used once in a while.

Still, if you have the coin to buy one, go for it I guess.

For $2500 I want:

1) It to be a belt that was defended on a PPV

2) Autograph from the champion

3) Picture of said champion giving me the belt

For $2500 I want:

3) Picture of said champion doing the J.O.B. to me

Amended.

I'm really tempted to get either the WCW TV Title or John Cena's Spinning US Title.

For $2500 I want:

Amended.

UT: "I'm not feeling it."

In that case, I'd want an Shawn Michaels-style belt forfeitting (sans Razor Ramon, of course.) Tears would be necessary.

For $2500 I want:

Amended.

UT: "I'm not feeling it."

In that case, I'd want an Shawn Michaels-style belt forfeitting (sans Razor Ramon, of course.) Tears would be necessary.

And he has to tell you about his lost smile.

I own the Attitude Era Belt, I bought it from WWE Shopzone back in the day, and have been itching to buy the Undisputed WWE Belt (the one Brock Lesnar had) but haven't found the right excuse/justification to shell out that money. I have seen guys at shows with up to THREE replica belts on them, so I have to think there might be some people out there willing to spend big money on somewhat-real championship belts. Would I get one? No way. I'll stick to the replicas, thank you.

If I had the money I would get either

A: The Million Dollar Belt

B: The old WCW US Belt (looked cool to me)

However, I would never spend my money on a belt but if someone offered to buy me one I would not object.