TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Questions on a few XBox games...

Sorry for combining a few varied things in one thread, but maybe I can get all of my questions answered at once.

I picked up the Tom Clancy Trilogy pack today for $19.99. It features Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rainbox Six 3. Are these games as good as the reviews make them out to be? Either way - I'm pretty excited about getting 3 games for $20.

The other two games I was wondering about:

Indigo Prophecy and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

I looked at both of these while at the store and both seemed like they would be decent, and the reviews are ok... has anyone played them?

Those three games can be hard at times, but they all rule.

I own Indigo Prophecy... such an awesome game. Don't read FAQs, or you'll have wasted your money, but there are so many ways to play the first level, some that affect the rest of the game. Recommended.

Guest InuYasha

Splinter Cell is the shit. Rainbow Six 3 when played online is the shit. Ghost Recon, in comparasion is, well, shit. Be glad that you got 2 out of 3 awesome games for only $20. I paid $50 for each of them, seperately. :-/

If you can, see if you can find Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow. That's the last of the Rainbow Six games that was released before the series went all Hollywood, aka, Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Don't get me wrong; it's a great game. It's just that it's more Halo than it is Rainbow Six, and that pissed a lot of the fans off, me included. If you get X-Box Live, send me a PM, and I'll give you my Gamer Tag. I don't like to put it out in public, because since I'm just that damn good, (yes, I stole that line) people use me for stat farming, and it pisses me off.

Indigo Prophecy is a great idea with the worst execution ever. The first ten hours are just stalling, stalling, stalling, the story (you don't learn anything that wasn't on the back of the box), and the last two hours are laughably bad, story-wise.

A lot of the gameplay feels tacked on - like Quantic Dream said "Oh shit, we haven't made the player press a button in five minutes. Quick, make him play Simon Says during a conversation to get the right answers - that makes sense!"

And there are a lot of good ideas that were just halfassed (escaping the asylum in the dark, for one).

It's a total mess. Don't bother with it.

Guest Evolution

The game does fall apart towards the end, but I felt the journey there was worth it. And playing Simon during the conversation cutscenes seemed necessary, if only to make sure you were paying attention to the game.

The game does fall apart towards the end, but I felt the journey there was worth it. And playing Simon during the conversation cutscenes seemed necessary, if only to make sure you were paying attention to the game.

Except I was more concentrated on Simon Says than the actual conversation. Dialogue doesn't need an extra hook like that. This is a story-driven game, they shouldn't have to pad story sequences like that with unnecessary gameplay.