TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheInsane

How old is Fit Finlay?

Guest Gary Busey
Feels weird that WWE takes him back when he is that old. Im not complaining though. I will love to see him again.

They haven't really taken him back. He's been working backstage for a long time now. He was responsible for training a lot of the women. It's just really weird that they're giving him an on-air role.

Feels weird that WWE takes him back when he is that old. Im not complaining though. I will love to see him again.

They haven't really taken him back. He's been working backstage for a long time now. He was responsible for training a lot of the women. It's just really weird that they're giving him an on-air role.

I know. I meant taking him back as an active wrestler.

Fuck a wrestler's age, that's always been my line of thinking. As long as they can entertain me, and as long as they can go in the ring, I don't care how old someone is.

Hasn't Finlay been wrestling since the very early 80's, if not the late 70's? I think his debut was back in '78.

I have a good feeling about Finlay. I've been a fan of his for years, so I'm excited about seeing him get in there with Benoit, Angle, Regal, etc... I could even see them eventually give him an on air role as a manager/coach for a stable.

Hell, I've been checking out all this old school AWA stuff on the 24/7 and it's all a bunch of old guys beating the crap out of each other. It's not until a guy gets up in his 50s that he seriously starts getting that old man look.

He is pretty old to be wrestling.

When you consider how old Terry Funk, Abdullah the Butcher, and some of the guys over in Japan are (like Haruka Eigen, who is retiring this year at the age of like 65), not really.

Don't get me wrong, I like Finlay and I'm glad WWE is introducing him when he's an older guy. But I can't help but think, based on WWE's known hiring practices, that the only reason they're putting him on TV is because of backstage connections, not because they actually see star potential in him. Fit's gonna get the old Bill Demott summer of '02 push.

Guest Desperate Housewife

I liked the DeMott push.

There is NOTHING wrong with a surly bastard kicking the crap out of people. Nothing.

I liked the DeMott push.

There is NOTHING wrong with a surly bastard kicking the crap out of people. Nothing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that liked the Bill DeMott Pissed Off Motherfucker Tour of 2003.

Don't get me wrong, I like Finlay and I'm glad WWE is introducing him when he's an older guy. But I can't help but think, based on WWE's known hiring practices, that the only reason they're putting him on TV is because of backstage connections, not because they actually see star potential in him. Fit's gonna get the old Bill Demott summer of '02 push.

And let's not forget Albert's (just before he became A-Train) Velocity push going on at about the same time. I think they alternated weeks pounding on Funaki.