TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Better wrestler?

Guest jm29195
Name me ONE HBK match that told a story that worked. ONE. EVER. EVER.

Just off the top of my head HBK/Bulldog from One Night Only

possible vs Nash from Good Friends Better Enemies.....probably more if I actually look back at what he's done....

Guest Frank_Nabbit
Slightly off topic but can anyone post pictures of Henry from his 00/02/04, and present runs, I'm sue he was looking positively skinny when he first came back in 02, was then injured and came back significantly heavier in Autumn 2002.....

WWE was trying to make him quit, so they sent him down to OVW to lose weight, Henry lost the weight, then WWE told him, bulk up we want you to enter a World's strongestman competetion and win-to help the gimmick, So Henry put the weight back on.

Guest Hadley

Give me a break,,HBK was (along with owen and bret) the best wrestler in the wwf between 93-97.

Mark Henry,,uhh,,well, he's better than viscera and nathan jones (but not a-train,,that should tell you something)

Give me a break,,HBK was (along with owen and bret) the best wrestler in the wwf between 93-97.

Mark Henry,,uhh,,well, he's better than viscera and nathan jones (but not a-train,,that should tell you something)

Right, A-Train was worse than fucking Viscera and Nathan Jones :bonk:

Get the fuck out of here, A-Train's work owns anything Vis or Nathan Jones ever did.

I can't believe we're having this conversation. I mean, Mark Henry RIPPED OFF THE CAGE DOOR. HBK eve lost to Hogan!

I can't believe we're having this conversation. I mean, Mark Henry RIPPED OFF THE CAGE DOOR. HBK eve lost to Hogan!

Ripping off the cage door makes him a better wrestler?!!

I'm having a blast trying to figure out the meaning of this thread.

On HBK: I've never gotten why he's made out to be this great wrestler in the first place. Is he a great technical wrestler? No. Is he a great brawler? No. Is he a great flyer? No. Is he a great seller? No. (Don't fight me on this...he did a kip up at Summerslam 2002 where the story of the match was his back injury...after TWENTY MINUTES of his back being destroyed) Is he a great bumper? He's alright. Is he a great talker? Snore. Is he a good storyteller? Name me ONE HBK match that told a story that worked. ONE. EVER. EVER.

He's basically got the talent of a WWF Superstars jobber that was pushed as something special...and everyone just forgot to stop believing it.

I think you sort of figured out the meaning of this thread with the comments following the bolded statement: Shawn Michaels ain't all that. He's not even in the top ten workers currently employed on the main roster, even with the current low depth of talent.

That and, yeah, Henry's been used pretty well the last few weeks.

Ripping off the cage door makes him a better wrestler?!!

Apparently, on this board, it sure does.

I'm having a blast trying to figure out the meaning of this thread.

On HBK: I've never gotten why he's made out to be this great wrestler in the first place. Is he a great technical wrestler? No. Is he a great brawler? No. Is he a great flyer? No. Is he a great seller? No. (Don't fight me on this...he did a kip up at Summerslam 2002 where the story of the match was his back injury...after TWENTY MINUTES of his back being destroyed) Is he a great bumper? He's alright. Is he a great talker? Snore. Is he a good storyteller? Name me ONE HBK match that told a story that worked. ONE. EVER. EVER.

He's basically got the talent of a WWF Superstars jobber that was pushed as something special...and everyone just forgot to stop believing it.

On Henry: I don't watch Smackdown.

Agreed. Shawn Michaels television matches are boring and tedious, unless he's wrestling someone like Angle or Shelton. His entire offense, other than his finisher, looks pathetic. When he tries to sell, it looks ridiculous and almost cartoonish, and he forgets about it by the end of the match anyway. His promos are garbage unless he's milking cheap heat for Montreal or making dick and fart jokes. He's never cut a serious, memorable promo. He's clearly not even close to what he once was, and he was never as great as people made him out to be to begin with. I can't honestly believe there are people naive enough to believe he's still a great or even good, wrestler, but I see it everyday. I guess there's more mark in some smarks than they would like to believe.

Henry's had what, one match since coming back? It wasn't even a regular match, it was a battle royal. How the fuck can you know how much he's improved(if at all)? I can only pray you aren't serious, but I'm not holding my breath...

Henry's had what, one match since coming back? It wasn't even a regular match, it was a battle royal. How the fuck can you know how much he's improved(if at all)? I can only pray you aren't serious, but I'm not holding my breath...

He ripped off the cage door.