TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Heidenreich gone

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Heidenreich as a heel was at least stupid funny, Heidenreich as a babyface was bland.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Is there any reason left for Animal to still be around?

His brother.

Guest Jim Ross

Wasnt his original gimmick supposed to be a Nazi that was frozen in time or something? or did i hear wrong

This was around the same time as that general hirohito nonsense

Guest T0rrent

My guess is he asked for his release due to the damage done to his home from Katrina.

I was wondering where he was the past few weeks, especially when Animal has been showing up on TV without him, in the battle royal this week for sure, and I think there was something else. Not a huge Heidenreich fan, but at times he could be an enjoyable guilty pleasure.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
My guess is he asked for his release due to the damage done to his home from Katrina.

Damage was done to his home so he asked to stop being paid?

From PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced tonight that John Heidenreich, 33, had been released from the company. Several weeks back, Heidenreich checked himself into a hospital citing an ear infection. The story making the rounds is that when WWE agents came to collect Heidenreich to bring him to the next show on the loop, he turned them down saying he couldn't deal with being on the road anymore. Heidenreich flew himself home and hasn't appeared since.

Among the wrestlers, the word was going around that Heidenreich was dealing with some family problems, so it may be a case of WWE releasing him to deal with what he needs to take care of and leaving the door open for a return down the line. Several workers had tried to contact Heidenreich over the last several weeks but hadn't heard back. Road Warrior Animal is slated to work singles and also team with Matt Hardy on upcoming tours.

Heidenreich was signed by the WWF in 2001 and officially debuted in October 2003 on TV. He was managed for a heel run by Paul Heyman during a feud with Undertaker. He was later turned babyface and teamed with Animal as one half of the new Legion of Doom, where they won the WWE Tag Team championships.

Guest Chrisly_2005
I still wish their idea for Heidenreich to be an unfrozen Nazi would have happened.

Yes it was. I wish that is what they actually did too because I am sure it couldnt be worse than what they did with him anyway.

From PWInsider:

Among the wrestlers, the word was going around that Heidenreich was dealing with some family problems, so it may be a case of WWE releasing him to deal with what he needs to take care of and leaving the door open for a return down the line.

Little Johnny must be ill. :(

No, but his brother is head of talent relations, so he'll likely be kept around.

And I guess this makes burying MNM worth it.

Did you see the latest internet Velocity? Animal helps the Mexicools defeat the Dicks, then destroys the Mexicools post-match.

No, but his brother is head of talent relations, so he'll likely be kept around.

And I guess this makes burying MNM worth it.

Did you see the latest internet Velocity? Animal helps the Mexicools defeat the Dicks, then destroys the Mexicools post-match.

Great. Kill both teams to get over a guy who adds less than zero to the show.

Guest hasbeen

Whether you like his ability or not, there's no reason to celebrate a person losing his job.