TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Vince McMahon's onscreen character

I think its just the sume of two botched angles, Austin & Bret, and now trying one vs. HBK at WM.

I still think the only thing we're gonna get is... another SurSer finish at WM XXII, when HBK join VM and create a new Corporation or whatever name was that '99 stable, and I dunno, probably HBK will be the next GM.

Of course, I still need to see this week Raw and watch that *odd* promo about HBK.

What I really dont/cant inderstand is... They (WWE/VM/HBK) really think that Bret's fans will be OK or really believe that HBK was in that night (a few raws ago), Bret's advocate?

Guest Mad the Swine

WWE could always use the storyline from WCW where they sent Flair to the mental hospital.

Which was actually an elementary school gym.

Semantics, but what the hell...

That was filmed in the lunchroom at Grady High School in Atlanta.

Guest Ransome
To me, nothing has been more interesting, complicated, confusing, and odder than the character of Vince McMahon since WWE Homecoming.

Only since Homecoming? Vince McMahon's character has been veering unpredictably from heel to face and face to heel for years now, often more than once during a single show. The most obvious example I can think of is the Raw following Survivor Series 2001, where Vince switches back and forth in six or seven different segments (as a face firing Heyman, Shane and Stephanie, hiring Lawler, inducting Regal into the 'Kiss My Ass' club, and then as a heel firing Foley, stripping Austin of the title and attempting to award it to Angle, and confronting Flair).

As for the nonsensical Vince character direction...I found the promo itself was intriging and better than anything else on the show. Raw needs more Mr. McMahon, HHH, stripper eye candy in nonwrestling roles.

As for the nonsensical Vince character direction...I found the promo itself was intriging and better than anything else on the show. Raw needs more Mr. McMahon, HHH, stripper eye candy in nonwrestling roles.

Ditto on the eye candy.

I thought that promo was strange as hell but I liked it a lot. It seemed like it may just go somewhere... possibly. This could be the start of something beautiful.

I doubt that about HBK refusing to turn heel. He seemed like he was having an absolute blast when they did that RAW in Canada during the Hogan/HBK feud.

Seriously, I haven't been into Vince's onscreen character since 2000. WM 2000 was the start of the slide, and then he came back with the "I want a divorce" bullshit angle that led to WM X7... Has Vince McMahon the character done ANYTHING remotely worthwhile since putting over HHH as a heel in late 1999?

Guest Army Eye

A lot of people call for a HBK heel turn I see two problems. One, Raw's main eventer crop is already overloaded with heels and short on babyfaces. Two, I'm not sure HBK can really get over as a heel at this point in his career. The fans regard him as a living legend, similarly to Hogan and Undertaker. I think he'd still get cheered even as a heel.

Vince's character is so off from what made him great it isn't funny. What happened to the power is back crap? The stuff with Thea shows that they are still stuck with the Vince that no one cared about. No one wants to see creeoy old man Vince. I don't think anyone ever really wanted to see that.

The Vince people cared about was the one who did the promo with HBK. I think that's a good foil to get HBK's character interesting again. Vince needs to be the boss who manipulates people fo his own joy and business reasons. Business wise, Vince would want the old HBK back because he was a trendsetter that broke rules. To hell with HBK's happiness and well being in life, Vince wants more big bucks by trying to lure the old HBK back. This makes sense. It also makes sense if The Rock comes back as Vince's new hired goon to put "sense" into HBK with his past as the corporate champion of wwe.

The angles are there, but they are so tied up in trying to make things all hollywood they trip on themselves. I'm sure Vince can use the 10 year anniversary of HBK winning his first title at Mania in a storyline heading into the event.

Vince has to get back to being Vince the real prick behind the scenes a la the Montreal incident and play off that instead of making up scenarios to have people hate him such as the creepy old man stunts. It comes off as too much acting unlike the Vince of 1997 and 1998 that seemed to be genuinely a prick to his wrestlers which is why he had so much heat. He's trying too much to be over the top now and has been for years. What happened to the announcement of a new general manager anyways?