TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest new jack 4 prez

favorite tna momments

Guest new jack 4 prez

i was wonder what are peoples favorite tna moment in there whole 3 and ahalf year history.

mine are there new jack sandman chess promo from 4/16/o3

roddy pipers shoot on russo on dec. 2nd 2002

andwhen tenay made russo look like a jackass during there debate on 1/15/03

tony shiavone appearence

For comedy purposes:

- New Jack / Shark Boy team

- the Schiavonie show

- Don Callis' reason as to why Abyss would beat AJ

- Team 3D funeral

Goldylocks + cell phone store

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed that month where Glenn Gilberti was built up as a World Title contendor. That led to the Battle Royal where Sabu eliminated himself and then was allowed to enter the ring again.

05.jpg

From obsessedwithwrestling.com:

January 29, 2003:

IN-RING INTERVIEW: Goldy Locks & Percy Pringle..

Pringle talked about being honored in April by the Cauliflower Alley Club..

Pringle said that Russo would never get that kind of an honor..

Pringle warns Russo that he'll never know what Percy Pringle will do next..

At this point, Tony Schiavone makes a shocking appearance and introducted himself to Pringle..

Schiavone said that he respects Pringle but never saw anyone kiss as much ass as Pringle did last week..

Schiavone was wearing an Hawaiian shirt and a Kiss t-shirt, drapped in jewelry, and playing a babyface..

IN THE RING: Tony Schaivone & Goldylocks + Mike Tenay + Vince Russo..

Schiavone questions why he hasn't worked in the business for 2 years, and looks at Goldylocks..

Schiavone quickly turned heel, saying that Goldy has been in the business about five minutes (compared to him)..

Schiavone asked Goldylocks whose bed she had been sleeping in (get it? nevermind)..

Schiavone said that Goldy made Pamela Paulshock look like Diane Sawyer..

Tenay came to Goldy's rescue when Schiavone got a little pervy with Goldy..

Schiavone invited Mike Tenay into the ring for a confrontation..

Schiavone said that when TNA started, he thought it was the perfect opportunity to return to the business..

Schiavone said Jeff Jarrett wouldn't even return his calls..

Schiavone said that he heard that he wasn't hired because Tenay didn't wanna work with him!

Schiavone claimed that WCW didn't die because of Russo and that Russo had jumped onto the Titanic..

Schiavone claimed that if Tenay had his way that there would never be Gorgeous George or Andy Kauffman..

Schiavone said that if Tenay was the booker, there wouldn't be a Hulkamania or an nWo..

Schiavone continued to cut a promo on Tenay, dispite Vince Russo's emergance..

Russo said Tenay was a back stabber who tried to keep Schiavone out of TNA..

Russo tells Schiavone that there is a job waiting for him within the S.E.X. faction..

Tenay said Schiavone was a kiss ass and was all about politics and never about performance..

---

Then, Tony played the bitter inteviewer throughout the show...good times

Damn old TNA was great in hindsight...them trying to figure out what kind of a wrestling promotion they were gonna be was crazy at times...if anybody has any of the old episodes(S.E.X era) up for download that would be great...

I think it was during the Schiavone segment, but a fan near ringside held up this big sign that said "The non-stop action has officially stopped".

Another great sign was during a Halloween show and the sign said, "I see everyone dressed as a hillbilly"

The 2nd ever weekly PPV which had AJ Styles win the X Division belt, AJ/Jerry Lynn/Low Ki ladder match, Shocker has a interview on FSN impact, AJ vs Kid Kash on FSN impact.

Oh damn...I got a lot from the first year alone...

-The Styles/Lynn backstage brawl during Week 4.

-Malice and Don Harris actually having a GOOD MATCH together (Last Man Standing).

-Jeremy Borash getting decked by Ed Ferrara.

-Ed Ferrara SPEARING Borash when he tried to cover up Jasmine St. Claire.

-Puppet the Midget Killer beating off in a trashcan (sorry, but it was fucking hilarious).

-How OVER and ENTERTAINING Jeff Jarrett was until his face turn.

-The rise of Ron "The Truth" Killings.

-Tenay: "HOLY SHIT, IT'S VINCE RUSSO!"

-Raven debuting by DDT'ing Jeff Jarrett and stealing the NWA World title.

-EVERYTHING KID KASH EVER DID AFTER TURNING HEEL.

-New Jack/Shark Boy segments.

-The build-up to Destiny.

-The first half of the Styles/Lynn feud that MADE TNA in '02.

-Chris Sabin's debut (still my favorite TNA match).

-The insane brawls of the AMW/New Church feud.

-The formation of SEX.

-AMW/XXX in the first-ever Cage Match in TNA history.

-AJ Styles as a prick heel.

-Saturn/Barton stiffing the fuck out of each other.

-Dusty Rhodes' promo about tradition with The Truth, AMW, and (IIRC) AJ Styles in the ring with him.

-Dusty Rhodes climbing up the 2-step ladder to drop a Bionic Elbow on Brian Lawler.

-Brian Lawler's first heel promo in TNA ("My real name is Brian LAWLER" etc. etc.).

-Every Truth promo. ALL of them.

-Jarrett nearly starting a riot by pissing off the Tennessee Titans and getting them to jump the barricade.

-SEX hanging Jarrett and whipping him with belts until he goes unconscious.

And my favorite TNA moment to date...

"GO, RED, GO."

I've been watching from the beginning...so here are my thoughts (as they come to me after a night of drinking...and having not watched the first 3 years of TNA since they aired)

- Ron Killings promo with Ricky Steamboat that got him his world title shot (week 7 I think) This segment flat out made me care about wrestling again. WWE was in the dump (IMO) and although TNA wasn't really that good...this was something fresh that I completely got behind. The Truth ruled early TNA.

- Truth winning the title. Sadly this was one of the few moments that TNA truly distinguished itself from being WWE/WCW lite. They made a compelling character in a short amount of time...and then *GASP* pushed him.

- Jarrett winning the title from Truth. Even as a huge Truth fan...I loved this. The match was good stuff...and Jarrett was really good in his role at that time (it all evaporated right after).

- AMW/New Church. AMW was still pretty new to the tag game...and getting a push as "undefeated" tag champs. It took the unlikely combo of Slash and Brian Lee beating them to really give the team legs. Over the course of their feud...you can really see AMW grow up and into their role.

- Raven's debut. Not just because Raven debuted (and was a bigger name then the rest of the roster) but because of the way the show was booked. The bad guys won all night...and Jarrett (then a face) overcame impossible odds to retain the title...only to be attacked by Raven. A good night of booking...and a rarity at that time period.

- (agreeing with Corey) Dusty Rhodes promo about tradition. I still think it's the best TNA promo that ever aired.

- The Kid Kash/AJ Styles X division street fight.

- Elix Skipper walking the cage.

- Lynn vs. Waltman at Sacrifice. This match was soo good...that I think of it first when I think about that ppv. Styles/Joe also wrestled on the show...so that's saying a hell of a lot. Sacrifice is, IMO, the best show TNA has ever put on. (second is the first Super X Cup tournament).

- Joe vs. AJ at Turning Point. This is my favorite TNA match of all...and I have seen every single moment of their programming. The emotion was off the charts. And when AJ kicked out of a Samoa Joe power bomb at the count of 1 (after getting the crap kicked out of him for a while) and then stood up and screamed in Joe's face...

I jumped out of my seat for only the second time as a wrestling fan. The first was Mania 13 when I thought that Austin had broken the sharpshooter. It was that good to me.

"GO, RED, GO."

Is that when Don West climbed on the announce table?

I've just seen a bunch of these recently and am looking forward to more. God bless the wrestling channel for showing classic TNA.

Can you elaborate on that?

I don't remember if there were more...but I have this image of a small stick figure AJ standing next to a huge stick figure Abyss on Callis' diagram of why Abyss would win.

"GO, RED, GO."

Is that when Don West climbed on the announce table?

I've just seen a bunch of these recently and am looking forward to more. God bless the wrestling channel for showing classic TNA.

Yes. That was the last show of 2002. The show started with the formation of XXX (Which was done because TNA wanted to use Daniels and Low Ki...but both had different Japan commitments that kept them away for months at a time. They wanted to use Skipper too...so they threw him in since they'd always have at least 2 of the 3 around)

The show ended with Red and the SATs fighting XXX in there first match. Red took a ridiculous beating and eventually fell...but he and Don West got the whole crowd rocking for him.

Can you elaborate on that?

I don't remember if there were more...but I have this image of a small stick figure AJ standing next to a huge stick figure Abyss on Callis' diagram of why Abyss would win.

That's the one!

bps, can you post the pic, please?

Don West standing atop the table yelling "GO, RED, GO" as Red made the babyface comeback evoked more emotion than anything WWE has done since the HHH/Angle/Steph love triangle.

I too have been watching from the beginning, so bear with me on some of these as a lot of stuff isn't exactly fresh in my head:

-Christian's debut at Genesis. We knew it was coming, but after being a fan of the guy for so long to see him set foot in a new place where he's been utilized excellently since his uprising as "Captain Charisma" and show people that there are WWE guys who feel TNA is a worthy option.

-Mike Sanders debut in January '03. Loved the guy in WCW, was glad to see him arrive in TNA, although his jobs to guys like Jim Duggan irked me.

-Raven's debut, for all the obvious reasons.

-The Raven/JJ/AJ three way, also featuring the debut of one of my all time favorites, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas.

-Christopher Daniels returning and attacking Jeff Jarrett, although they hyped Daniels return for next week earlier in the show.

-The Triple Threat Ladder Match

-HULK HANDS~!

-The Mad Mikey skit where he pulled the guy out of the drive thru window.

-The Brown/JJ match from FSN Impact, which blew away their PPV match later on.

More to come, that's just off the top of my head right now.

Guest Desperate Housewife

The midget in the trash can.

Also Jeff Hardy vs. Scott Hall on live PPV was BRILLIANT - for all the wrong reasons. My cousin watched that with me on DVD and made an astonishing number of jokes within the match time

This is odd...deperatehousewife, who claims to be neither a Journalist or a troll:

TNA - Total Nonstop Action

( 130 posts / 49% of this member's active posts )

Guest Desperate Housewife
This is odd...deperatehousewife, who claims to be neither a Journalist or a troll:

TNA - Total Nonstop Action

( 130 posts / 49% of this member's active posts )

I try not to post in the WWE Forum

Was that Tennessee Titans brawl planned? Jeff Jarrett looked pissed when they jumped the barricade and started to attack him. The whole end to that show seemed very odd.

Jarrett berating them and shoving one or two of them was planned, but them shoving back and jumping over the barricade wasn't. It made for some good television (well, PPV), though.

I just watched the Best of the X-Division DVD and the A.J. Styles/Chris Sabin/Petey Williams Ultimate X match may have been one of the best matches I've seen from TNA. The crowd was great and really made the match.

- Ken Shamrock, Ron Killings, AJ Styles, Raven, and Rhyno all winning the NWA Championship.

- The formation of the Kings of Wrestling

- The return of Sabu!

- TNA "invading" WWE

- Even though its obviously a set-up for an angle, I really dug Sting's goodbye speech

Glenn Gilberti's short lived push as a main eventer was fun.

The Diamond Swinger/AMW feud I actually enjoyed.

Raven's initial TNA run up until after Destiny.

Any Sharkboy/New Jack segments.

All of Sting's tna appearances

Low Ki vs Aj Styles- World Title Match

Joe vs Aj 1 and 2

Raven winning the gold

Guest new jack 4 prez

i just remembered one of my faverite moments. the time when glenn gilberti and mike sanders jobbed to hacksaw jim duggin and moondog spot.