TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest new jack 4 prez

favorite tna momments

In the 3+ years of TNA, I reviewed the first 50 or 60 weeks for this site.

Oh, the memories.

The Truth promo with Ricky Steamboat. I remember watching that and being blown away by Truth's promo ability and the total execution of it that practically turned him babyface just by pleading his case.

The buildup to Destiny....and how PISSED the crowd was when the 3 count went down. The newspapers flying into the ring...

The first Lynn/Low Ki/Styles match...

Seeing Ultimate X blow up in their face with the X falling down twice during the match. I couldn't help but laugh because I initially hated the gimmick. I'm still not a fan.

AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn feuding for the X Title while teaming up to be Tag Champs in the first few weeks really put over AJ Styles to a new audience quickly.

The Truth defending the title against Low Ki. TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES OFF THE TOP~! I don't remember the last time he did that move.

Everything Mike Sanders did in TNA. HEY~!!!

Glenn Gilberti's rise to main event status, only to job and go RIGHT back into a lower midcarder.

The TNA Cage girls...MOLLY AND LOLLIPOP!!

The original Heel Section.

There's more, but we'd be here all night.

Dames

The Truth promo with Ricky Steamboat. I remember watching that and being blown away by Truth's promo ability and the total execution of it that practically turned him babyface just by pleading his case.

Anyone can provide a transcript or paraphrase the promo?

Leading up to the promo, the Truth had been talking about being held down by "them," and most people assumed it was a race angle, probably because Truth's first TNA feud was with Hermie Sadler, almost a total redux of the WCW rap vs crap angle. But when he finally talked to Steamboat, Truth said them was WWE management, who never gave him a shot to run with the ball, just like they never gave Steamboat a chance at the top belt after WM3. He asked Steamboat, who was some sort of figure head at that point, to give him the shot he never got himself and give him a World Title match. Steamboat was so impressed by Truth's appeal that he granted him a title match the next week, which saw Truth defeat Ken Shamrock for the title on the opening match of the show, probably the only time a World Title has changed has in the first hour of a TNA show. They sold it as the match being so important that it went on first to make sure the 60 minute time limit could fit within the TV time, but it was decent match that saw Apolo of all people interfere leading to Truth's victory. And although Truth had been played a heel since the beginning, that promo turned him semi-face until they started building to his match with Jarrett. The promo was one of Truth's finest's TNA moments, but I'd say he actually cut a better promo after the 2nd anniversary show, when he was trying to convince Russo why his title win the week before should not be overturned because he used Jarrett's outlawed guitar, saying that he knew it was a matter of time before Jarrett used it, so he used it first and asking Russo whether he'd stand up for himself if someone had hit him week after week. The storyline was better in the Steamboat promo, but in the Russo one, Truth took a bullshit storyline and made it work.

God, how did AJ not break Kazarian's neck on that move?

And was the Truth or Consequences that muscle buster-like move where Killings didn't drop the guy on his back, but held him up as he delivered the move?

Christian winning the NWA title. That was a mark out moment. That crowd went nuts for the win, and there was more feeling and emotion coming from that crowd than anything WWE has done through in-ring activity in a very long time. The great visual of fans swarming the ring and celebrating with Christian added a lot to it as well.

God, how did AJ not break Kazarian's neck on that move?

And was the Truth or Consequences that muscle buster-like move where Killings didn't drop the guy on his back, but held him up as he delivered the move?

It was a poorly-performed Cutter, like Orton's RKO but more sloppy. Truth's only real decent-looking finish has been the axe kick, though his Muscle Busters was fucking killer too.

My moment is the rise of AJ Styles. This was TNA's homegrown star. He had a chance at Jarrett in February of 03, and he lost in that one. And in June when he took on both Jarrett and Raven, I wrote this off as Jarrett pushing himself over both men at the same time (Triple J! Triple J!) But then for once... I had to thank Vince Russo. I saw him smash that guitar over Jarrett's head, and I just screamed FUCK YES! One Styles Clash later, TNA gave their belt to their homegrown star.

Years later, he's still there. He's had 3 times at the top, even though they were all somewhat abbreviated. Despite the criticism and spottiness, he remains one of my favorite wrestlers on the entire roster. He got me into watching TNA.

Another minor moment... the Raven video package they played before his match with Jarrett in 03. That was an awesome piece of work, especially putting Gotham Road's "Awful Me" in there. At the time with their production, that video was THE SHIT.

Guest Coffey
  • Raven's debut
  • Raven's title win
  • Styles/Lynn/Ki Vs. The Flying Elvis'
  • Styles Vs. Joe Vs. Daniels @ Unbreakable
  • Siaki making Goldylocks break character by making her laugh in a promo. "Did you know that Ace in the Hole is a corporation?" I have no doubt that the boys had a bet to see who could make her laugh first.
  • The first time I saw the Canadian Destroyer
  • BG James on commentator impersonating Jim Ross and just screaming "Stone Cold" over and over.
I'll add more as they come to me.

- Teddy Hart vs Juvi in the X-Cup tourney. I had never heard of Teddy before this match but he and Juvi set that ring on FIRE!

- Juvi's reckless piledrivers: Sit-Out Tiger Driver '91 on Sabin in the first X-Cup tourney, and his "Juvi Driver 911" on Jerry Lynn in the World X-Cup tourney. What can I say, I mark for head-drops.

- Elix Skipper's cage-walk 'Rana

- Destiny! The TNA crowd nearly rioting on Jarrett is beautiful.

- Styles Clash from the Ultimate X wires.

- DDP bringing out the Death Cutter (Top Rope Diamond Cutter) during his match with Jarrett at Destination X.

- Rhyno's surprise title win over Jarrett last year.

Guest new jack 4 prez

the best thing tna ever did was bring dusty diamond in to have a boxing match with there time keeper tiny. it was in the way early days i mean mid-augest 2002. and they had no idea how not to be memphis then so they did shitty southern angles like this but this one was so damn weird and funny that it made for the greatest moment in tna history. new jack and sharkboy vs, the harris brothers with new jack waering a sharkboy mask the whole match is up there in great tna moment also.

Guest shark boy super fan
the best thing tna ever did was bring dusty diamond in to have a boxing match with there time keeper tiny. it was in the way early days i mean mid-augest 2002. and they had no idea how not to be memphis then so they did shitty southern angles like this but this one was so damn weird and funny that it made for the greatest moment in tna history. new jack and sharkboy vs, the harris brothers with new jack waering a sharkboy mask the whole match is up there in great tna moment also.

The Dustin Diamond Tiny boxing match was bs. New Jack in a Shark Boy mask was great. My fav Tna moment was Raven winning the world title.

Alex Shelley progressing from the tape trader to the freelance fan-cam operator that turned into the Papparazzi angle. From following Sting around town as Jeff Jarrett's pawn to stalking Christian house in the Abyss angle to the interviews with Kevin Nash with his crazy charts and training sessions. Alex Shelley went from that nobody in the X-Division to somebody with character development and a funny sense of humor. Now he is back to being that nobody who copies moves from tapes he got from Mexico and Japan again. Why have boring Borash do interviews when Shelley and Devine can do it better with the Papparazzi cam?

Oh and Sharkboy winning a match on tv is always a feel good moment.

Guest Connzilla

my faverite moment of TNA was the opening of the 8/17 Impact LAX and Styles & dainels start brawling. Dainels geting busted open less then a minute into the show was cool. Then when Abyss, Monty Brown, Brother Runt, Rhino, & samoa Joe got involed and all hell broke loose then Jeff jarrett Coming out and Celebrating his victory over Sting while everyone was brawking was so surreal and funny. Then Sting Came out and Cleaned his with his fucking bat. I just loved it.

Guest Connzilla

Kurt Angle Signing to TNA is and was the biggest thing to happen to them and my new favorite thing about TNA

Guest Connzilla

The Angle-Joe confrontation last night on IMPACT! was the coolest thing I've seen and the Impact Zone was louder than I've ever heard them and just shit it was cool as fuck.

And my favorite TNA moment to date...

"GO, RED, GO."

Has anyone got a video of this? or the New Jack Shark Boy stuff?

The Angle-Joe confrontation last night on IMPACT! was the coolest thing I've seen and the Impact Zone was louder than I've ever heard them and just shit it was cool as fuck.

It really was.