TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

My problem with the Hogan set is, as an owner of Hulk Still Rules and all the WrestleMania's, there is not really anything I need on this set - and that's implying there are actually Hogan matches that one needs. I have heard that the Hulk Still Rules DVD was in short supply, though, so I do see the reasoning for the duplication if true.

Bought the Hulkster's DVD at Wal-Mart, and it sure does have a 4th disc with matches. Best Buy is advertising the "Hogan Knows Best 4th Disc" version.

I have "Hulk Still Rules", and almost that entire DVD (match wise) is repeated here. I usually bitch and moan about how the WWE does crap like this, but it's been 4 years since HSR, and it's out of print (or very hard to find), so I can understand this new set.

There was enough "new" footage (not only matches, but interviews and such) to warrant a purchase. It was only 19.99, too. If it was $25, $30 plus I probably wouldn't get it.

For those wondering:

Ted Dibiase vs. Hulk Hogan

12/17/79

Ben Ortiz & Angelo Gomez vs. Hulk Hogan.

1/2/80

Andre The Giant Vs. Hulk Hogan

Showdown At Shea - 8/9/80

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Iron Sheik

1/23/84

Hulk Hogan & Gene Okerlund vs. George Steele & Mr. Fuji

8/26/84

Hulk Hogan vs. Tiger Chung Lee.

8/24/85

Hulk Hogan vs. Nikolai Volkoff

Saturday Night's Main Event - 10/5/85

Hulk Hogan vs. John Studd

10/19/85

Hulk Hogan & Andre The Giant vs. King Kong Bundy & John Studd

Saturday Night's Main Event - 11/2/85

Hulk Hogan vs. Roddy Piper

Wrestlevision - 11/7/85

Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff

The Big Event - 8/28/86

Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant

Wrestlemania III - 3/29/87

Hulk Hogan / Randy Savage / Hercules / Hillbilly Jim / Koko B. Ware vs. Ted Dibiase / Haku / Red Rooster / Akeem / The Big Boss Man

Survivor Series - 11/24/88

Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake vs. Randy Savage & Zeus

SummerSlam - 8/28/89

Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. Perfect

Saturday Night's Main Event - 4/28/90

Hulk Hogan vs. The Undertaker

This Tuesday In Texas - 12/3/91

Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair

Bash At The Beach - 7/17/94

So yeah basically HSR has some nice rare stuff on it, but missed out on all the other important parts of his career. If you're a Hulkamaniac who doesn't have all the other DVDs, I would Anthology is certainly worth getting.

What is the most duplicated match in the WWE DVD library (not counting PPVs a match comes from)? Shawn vs Mankind from Mind Games?

Triple H v. Cactus Jack is on every DVD

I know of it being on two (HHH and Mick), but if it's on both HHH DVDs and the WWE Championship DVD, then yeah, it would be ahead by 4 (the Mind Games match is on both Foley DVDs and the Shawn DVD, I believe).

I second HHH/Cactus from RR 2000. I know it's on the "HHH: The Game" DVD, plus Foley's "Greatest Hits and Misses" DVD.

Also,

Hogan/Andre from WM III (both Hogan sets and WWE Championship DVD),

Shawn/Bret Iron Man (Shawn's "From the Vault" and "Boyhood Dream" DVD's, plus the WWE Title Set)

Countless numbers of matches are repeated twice. Too many to list.

Boyhood Dream doesn't really count, unless the match is actually in there as a DVD extra (I thought it was just a clipped Coliseum Video put on a DVD).

Hogan/Warrior has to be pretty high now too. I know it's pn the WrestleMania X8 DVD and the 2nd Hogan DVD, and I believe it's on the Title History and Self-Destruction DVDs as well.

Disc One

Hulk Hogan Vs. Andre The Giant

All Star Wrestling - 9/13/80

Hulk Hogan Vs. Nick Bockwinkel

AWA - 4/24/83

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Iron Shiek

Madison Square Garden - 1/23/84

Hulk Hogan vs. Big John Studd

Prime Time Wrestling - 9/22/84

Hulk Hogan vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper

The War To Settle The Score - 2/18/85

Hulk Hogan & Mr. T Vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper & Paul Orndoff

Wrestlemania - 3/31/85

Hulk Hogan Vs. King Kong Bundy

Wrestlemania II - 4/7/86

The Big Event - 8/28/86

Disc Two

Hulk Hogan Vs. Randy Savage

Wrestlemania V - 4/2/89

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Ultimate Warrior

Wrestlemania VI - 4/1/90

Hulk Hogan Vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Wrestlemania VII - 3/24/91

Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair

Hollywood Hogan Vs. The Giant

Hog Wild - 8/10/96

Hollywood Hogan Vs. Sting

Starrcade - 12/28/97

Disc Three

Hulk Hogan Vs. Curt Hennig

XWF - 11/14/01

Hollywood Hogan Vs. The Rock

Wrestlemania XVIII - 3/17/02

Hulk Hogan Vs. HHH

Backlash - 4/21/02

Hulk Hogan & Edge Vs. Billy & Chuck

Smackdown - 7/2/02

Hulk Hogan Vs. Vince McMahon

Wrestlemania XIX - 3/30/03

Hulk Hogan Vs. Shawn Michaels

SummerSlam - 8/21/05

Disc Four

Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana

Madison Square Garden - 3/24/80

Hulk Hogan vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenley

AWA - 8/8/81

Hulk Hogan vs. Terry Funk

Saturday Night's Main Event - 12/19/85

Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race

Saturday Night's Main Event - 3/7/88

Hulk Hogan vs. Earthquake

SummerSlam - 8/27/90

Its too bad they couldn't get some of his Japanese matches, especially against Inoki.

Guest Super Leather

So now the 4th disc with extra matches actually exists? Fuck, off to Wal-Mart I go.

There's a small, white round sticker that will be on the front saying Wal-Mart exclusive 4th Bonus Disc Inside

crap walmart does have a matches 4th disc? damn i already bought the reg set at work at CC since it came with a free hulkamania bandana (although I could have just gotten one for free since I work there and coulda taken one) and was on sale for 17 bucks. yea alot of HSR is repeate dhere and i already have that one, but this set does have the awa match and a rare andre-hogan match plus a few matches I havent seen or dont have on dvd myself (I havent bought the wm set so alot here) this ste does have every one of his wwf title wins, but only two o fhis wcw ones surprisngly (Iguess they dont want the fingerpoke match on dvd) damn , but then again who knows when ill ever get to walmart. how much is their price for it anyhow?

CRUD!!!!!

Disc One

All Star Wrestling - 9/13/80

Hulk Hogan Vs. Nick Bockwinkel

AWA - 4/24/83

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Iron Shiek

Madison Square Garden - 1/23/84

Hulk Hogan vs. Big John Studd

Prime Time Wrestling - 9/22/84

Hulk Hogan vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper

The War To Settle The Score - 2/18/85

Hulk Hogan & Mr. T Vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper & Paul Orndoff

Wrestlemania - 3/31/85

Hulk Hogan Vs. King Kong Bundy

Wrestlemania II - 4/7/86

The Big Event - 8/28/86

Disc Two

Hulk Hogan Vs. Randy Savage

Wrestlemania V - 4/2/89

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Ultimate Warrior

Wrestlemania VI - 4/1/90

Hulk Hogan Vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Wrestlemania VII - 3/24/91

Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair

Hollywood Hogan Vs. The Giant

Hog Wild - 8/10/96

Hollywood Hogan Vs. Sting

Starrcade - 12/28/97

Disc Three

Hulk Hogan Vs. Curt Hennig

XWF - 11/14/01

Hollywood Hogan Vs. The Rock

Wrestlemania XVIII - 3/17/02

Hulk Hogan Vs. HHH

Backlash - 4/21/02

Hulk Hogan & Edge Vs. Billy & Chuck

Smackdown - 7/2/02

Hulk Hogan Vs. Vince McMahon

Wrestlemania XIX - 3/30/03

Hulk Hogan Vs. Shawn Michaels

SummerSlam - 8/21/05

Disc Four

Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana

Madison Square Garden - 3/24/80

Hulk Hogan vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenley

AWA - 8/8/81

Hulk Hogan vs. Terry Funk

Saturday Night's Main Event - 12/19/85

Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race

Saturday Night's Main Event - 3/7/88

Hulk Hogan vs. Earthquake

SummerSlam - 8/27/90

Its too bad they couldn't get some of his Japanese matches, especially against Inoki.

There's a review on amazon.com from a guy that says he bought Hogan's dvd from WWEShop and the fourth disc was Hogan Knows Best episodes and not the matches disc. It's listed as such on their site but somebody earlier on this thread said it was a mistake. Can somebody by any chance confirm which 4th disc WWEShop is really giving?

Guest Super Leather

Shortly after my last post, I went out to East Oakland and actually got a Wal-Mart manager to go in the back and grab me a copy of the Hogan DVD. I stood around for like half an hour waiting for it to show up. Got the 4th disc with the extra matches and everything for $19...the manager was all like "I don't think that's the right price, but we'll do it anyway...that's for the WAIT!"

Great packaging, but a rather lazy presentation. Flair's DVD still remains the standard-bearer with the buildup to all of those matches and a gazillion promos to boot. If the Hogan DVD had something more along those lines, I'd be a lot more into it. Suffice to say, it's great fun to see Hogan vs. Funk again after all these years.

But yeah, some Japan stuff with Antonio Inoki or Stan Hansen would have made up for my above criticisms. AXE BOMBAH~!!!!!!!

Hang on....when did WWE buy the XWF library? I saw a match with Hennig from XWF listed just now.....also, is the Flair/Hogan match from Bash at the Beach as good as I recall it being?

I'm guessing Hogan allowed the XWF match to be on there. Didn't he run that promotion?

Flair/Hogan at BATB was quite good, I'd put it up there as one of his best matches. Hogan is severely trimmed down from the steroids, and the announcers make a point of mentioning it several times, without tying it into steroids, of course.

For the record, Wal-Mart is the only place you can get the set with a 4th disc of MATCHES. Apparently Circuit City is selling the 3 disc set with a bandana, and Shopzone and Circuit City are both selling the 4 disc set, but the 4th disc is HOGAN KNOWS BEST episodes, not matches.

It's been figured out already, but people were asking.

I'm guessing Hogan allowed the XWF match to be on there. Didn't he run that promotion?

Flair/Hogan at BATB was quite good, I'd put it up there as one of his best matches. Hogan is severely trimmed down from the steroids, and the announcers make a point of mentioning it several times, without tying it into steroids, of course.

For the record, Wal-Mart is the only place you can get the set with a 4th disc of MATCHES. Apparently Circuit City is selling the 3 disc set with a bandana, and Shopzone and Circuit City are both selling the 4 disc set, but the 4th disc is HOGAN KNOWS BEST episodes, not matches.

It's been figured out already, but people were asking.

we only have the 3 disc set at my cc

anyhow I watched some of it yesterday, the bockwinkle match really surprised me. much better than I would have thought, and hogan actually wrestled a bit in this match. terrible finish, which basically set the wheels in motion for his wwf return and explosion into megastar. man Verne was too stubborn for his own good. but then again he wasnt trying ot expand nationally, and probably couldnt make hogan into what he became in the wwf.

From Da Meltz:

--For those who have gotten the new Hogan DVD, we got a report on Disc 2 with the Hogan-Slaughter match from Wrestlemania, there is an audio problem late in the match after Hogan scores the pin, and it is out of synch for about three minutes. Let me know if that's consistent or just in one person's copy. Best Buy is including a disc of Hogan Knows Best with the set and Circuit City is including a Hulkamania bandanna.

Can anyone confirm?

From Da Meltz:

--For those who have gotten the new Hogan DVD, we got a report on Disc 2 with the Hogan-Slaughter match from Wrestlemania, there is an audio problem late in the match after Hogan scores the pin, and it is out of synch for about three minutes. Let me know if that's consistent or just in one person's copy. Best Buy is including a disc of Hogan Knows Best with the set and Circuit City is including a Hulkamania bandanna.

Can anyone confirm?

Yes, I can, and it's bad. Bad to the point that I can see a replacement disc program being put in place.

Hogan gets the pin, and at the very point that he is handed the belt after the match, the audio COMPLETELY CUTS OUT for about a minute and 20 seconds. SILENCE. Then, after that 1:20, as Hogan is posing, AUDIO FROM THE END OF THE MATCH (you can hear Gorilla calling the big boot and legdrop) plays. As soon as the pin happens (on audio), the audio cuts back to match Hogan's posing, and the rest is alright.

It's more like 2 minutes, not 3 as Meltzer indicated, but it's a huge error.

Yeah but that match also had the great exchange from Regis and Heenan.

Heenan: "Regis I would be honored if you would come to the post-Wrestlemania party on Prime Time Wrestling tomorrow night."

Regis: "I can't make it Bobby, but I'll mention it to Kathie Lee."

Heenan: "We're full."

I hate it when WWE fucks up on individual matches, good thing I bought the WM anthology.

One of my local WalMart stores has the Hogan set for only $17.xx, but I didn't see that until I bought it for $19.xx at a different WalMart.

yeah, I don't know why, but I usually go to one specific Wal-Mart around me because it is cheaper than the others. The Super-Center that is south of me has all new releases (movie wise) for like $13-$14 bucks the first COUPLE weeks. The regular Wal-Mart to the west has sales the first week, but is the best to get box sets for cheaper than the cheapest ad price and the Super-Center to the north never has any sales. It's weird, but luckily I've saved a few bucks noticing the pattern. Out of the three, they rarely ever have the same price on anything.