TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

Pillman did an angle where he went to film an episode of Baywatch in '94, then came back with long yellow/black tights and the new themesong "California Sun", with the announcers hyping he had a new laid back atittude as a result of his trip to CA.

A failed attempt to make him a standout marketable babyface amongst Hogan and the other fossils.

Yeah they even started calling him 'California' Brian

That stuff sounds horrible, I'm glad I don't remember it. I think for most people Pillman's career post Blondes and pre Horsemen/Loose Cannon is the dead zone.

There was a funny match on the DVD vs. Malenko from Nitro (Jan. 1996). During the match Pillman has Deano in a choke and rants at the camera "I am the Shooter because I have a Full Metal Jacket!"

I can't believe they're not promoting the Pillman DVD more on TV. Only thing I can figure is they're hoping people will spend their money on Cena's movie.

Ugh, talk about shitty. I hope that this is just a mistake. From PWInsider:

WWE SWITCHES CLASSIC MATCHES FOR 'HOGAN KNOWS BEST'

by Greg Sims @ 8:37:00 PM on 10/2/2006

Thanks to Greg Sims for the following. ... Just wanted to let you know about a WWE Shopzone BIG GOOF. I was browsing the WWE site back on 9/22 and noticed their pre-order offer for the Hogan Anthology. Their preorder included a shirt, bandana, and EXCLUSIVE bonus disc. The WWE Shopzone site described the disc with the following matches/content:

vs. Tito Santana

Madison Square Garden - 24/03/80

vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenly

AWA - 08/08/81

WWE Championship Match

vs. Terry Funk

Saturday Night's Main Event - 04/01/86

vs. King Harley Race

Saturday Night's Main Event - 12/03/88

Hulk Hogan Wins the 1990 Royal Rumble

vs. Earthquake

Summerslam - 27/08/90

"Mean" Gene Okerlund interviews Hulk Hogan

WWE Raw Homecoming - 03/10/05

From reading your site, I knew that the UK was getting this disc in their packages and WalMart would have this disc here in the states. Being the Hogan mark that I am, I thought it was a great deal and a great exclusive.

Then, this weekend I checked out the package and WWE SWITCHED the bonus exclusive disc without warning or explanation for the following:

The Hogan Knows Best Bonus Disc includes:

Season 1

WrestleMania

Hulk Hogan's family watches as he is inducted into the hall of fame and performs at WrestleMania 21. Will Hogan be bitten by the wrestling Bug once again?

Season 2

Monkey Business

Linda brings a mischievous monkey into the Home without Hogan's permission. When he tries to live in peace With the primate, it proves quite hard to handle.

Season 3

Hogan Knows Best: Special Sneak Peek

Hogan hangs up his wrestling boots and moves The family to Miami Beach to launch a new Grill, a cool energy drink and most importantly Brooke's singing career. How will the family Adjust to their new surroundings?

Very crappy of them to do. I have cancelled my pre-order and plan to buy this now at my friendly neighborhood WalMart.

I certainly hope this is a mistake. If not then I'm not buying this dvd.

I thought brians 95 theme was "blondes have mpore fun" at least I thought I herad those lyrics back then

I did get the dvd last weds CC here had a ton left as well as a lot of the ss/cena ones. so I got both for 30 bucks. yesterday, we had like 5 pillman copies left, yet like 30 ss/cena ones in the new section (they had both been behind the counter for the first week.

watched all of disc 1 of pillman and it was a great doucmentary and the matches have been great (the luger one was a surprisngly good match) watched wargames (second time I saw it first last year on 24/7 online) it is a very fun match with great bleeding by windham (like a minute in hes bleeding) and flair. watched all of disc 2 up to havoc 91 vs morton.

already watched the ss disc, not that great a show but ok. flair/foley was pretty damn sick Ill say that.

my place has a few copies of dustys dvd left, wonder If I should pick that up today?

but then again the first 6 seasons of the simpsons are on sale for 17.99 each so.....

Ugh, talk about shitty. I hope that this is just a mistake. From PWInsider:

WWE SWITCHES CLASSIC MATCHES FOR 'HOGAN KNOWS BEST'

by Greg Sims @ 8:37:00 PM on 10/2/2006

Thanks to Greg Sims for the following. ... Just wanted to let you know about a WWE Shopzone BIG GOOF. I was browsing the WWE site back on 9/22 and noticed their pre-order offer for the Hogan Anthology. Their preorder included a shirt, bandana, and EXCLUSIVE bonus disc. The WWE Shopzone site described the disc with the following matches/content:

vs. Tito Santana

Madison Square Garden - 24/03/80

vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenly

AWA - 08/08/81

WWE Championship Match

vs. Terry Funk

Saturday Night's Main Event - 04/01/86

vs. King Harley Race

Saturday Night's Main Event - 12/03/88

Hulk Hogan Wins the 1990 Royal Rumble

vs. Earthquake

Summerslam - 27/08/90

"Mean" Gene Okerlund interviews Hulk Hogan

WWE Raw Homecoming - 03/10/05

From reading your site, I knew that the UK was getting this disc in their packages and WalMart would have this disc here in the states. Being the Hogan mark that I am, I thought it was a great deal and a great exclusive.

Then, this weekend I checked out the package and WWE SWITCHED the bonus exclusive disc without warning or explanation for the following:

The Hogan Knows Best Bonus Disc includes:

Season 1

WrestleMania

Hulk Hogan's family watches as he is inducted into the hall of fame and performs at WrestleMania 21. Will Hogan be bitten by the wrestling Bug once again?

Season 2

Monkey Business

Linda brings a mischievous monkey into the Home without Hogan's permission. When he tries to live in peace With the primate, it proves quite hard to handle.

Season 3

Hogan Knows Best: Special Sneak Peek

Hogan hangs up his wrestling boots and moves The family to Miami Beach to launch a new Grill, a cool energy drink and most importantly Brooke's singing career. How will the family Adjust to their new surroundings?

Very crappy of them to do. I have cancelled my pre-order and plan to buy this now at my friendly neighborhood WalMart.

I certainly hope this is a mistake. If not then I'm not buying this dvd.

It is a mistake.

http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp...ductId=50-01426

One that the WWE is making, mind you, but still a mistake.

Guest Super Leather

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I was actually going to go to Wal-Mart (it's not as close to me as Best Buy) to specifically pick up the 4-disc edition, but if it's just crap from Hogan's TV show, forget it.

I can't remember...are there supposed to be any of Hogan's Japanese matches included on the new set? I mark out for the AXE BOMBAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the Pillman DVD today, will watch it later.

Pillman did an angle where he went to film an episode of Baywatch in '94, then came back with long yellow/black tights and the new themesong "California Sun", with the announcers hyping he had a new laid back atittude as a result of his trip to CA.

A failed attempt to make him a standout marketable babyface amongst Hogan and the other fossils.

Which is funny, because prior to that he was in the HOLLYWOOD Blondes.. Hollywood... Wonderous booking, WCW! :P

Which is funny, because prior to that he was in the HOLLYWOOD Blondes.. Hollywood... Wonderous booking, WCW! :P

yea but the blondes gimmick had little to do with hollywood outside of the "camera" motion they did with their hands and their outfits, it wa smore of them being egotistic and acting all "hollywood" like. I suppose

but yea that was ironic

The Piper DVD has been classified in the UK here ( http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.n...1F?OpenDocument ) - revealing some new extras of which Piper's Pits are included:

- MSG 3/17/85 with Mr. T (and all the other participants in the first WrestleMania main event)

- Prime Time Wrestling 11/5/85 which is the Piper's Pit with Bruno Sammartino from MSG

- Superstars 10/18/86 with Jimmy Hart

- Superstars 11/8/86 with Harley Race & Bobby Heenan

- Superstars 11/15/86 with Hulk Hogan

- Superstars 3/14/87 with Hulk Hogan

- Superstars 3/28/87 (the original final Piper's Pit)

- WrestleMania V with Brother Love & Morton Downey Jr.

- I think 4 of the Piper's Pit from Piper's return in 2003 (1 is with Mr. America and the debut of Zach Gowen, and another is with Eddie Guerrero & Tajiri)

- One from Raw 7/11/05 (I don't recall who this was with) and the one from the Homecoming episode of Raw

- With Great Khali & Daivari from June of this year

- And finaly the very first Piper's Pit taped on 1/24/84 where Piper takes over the Victory Corner set

There's also some other segments from TNT, Prime Time and other talking segment, one is a story about Burt Reynolds at WrestleMania X

- One from Raw 7/11/05 (I don't recall who this was with) and the one from the Homecoming episode of Raw

Interview with Shawn explaining why he turned heel on Hogan the week before

I hate that segment so much. It seems to go on forever and never goes anywhere. Plus it's really unfunny.

The Piper DVD has been classified in the UK here ( http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.n...1F?OpenDocument ) - revealing some new extras of which Piper's Pits are included:

- MSG 3/17/85 with Mr. T (and all the other participants in the first WrestleMania main event)

- Prime Time Wrestling 11/5/85 which is the Piper's Pit with Bruno Sammartino from MSG

- Superstars 10/18/86 with Jimmy Hart

- Superstars 11/8/86 with Harley Race & Bobby Heenan

- Superstars 11/15/86 with Hulk Hogan

- Superstars 3/14/87 with Hulk Hogan

- Superstars 3/28/87 (the original final Piper's Pit)

- I think 4 of the Piper's Pit from Piper's return in 2003 (1 is with Mr. America and the debut of Zach Gowen, and another is with Eddie Guerrero & Tajiri)

- With Great Khali & Daivari from June of this year

- And finaly the very first Piper's Pit taped on 1/24/84 where Piper takes over the Victory Corner set

There's also some other segments from TNT, Prime Time and other talking segment, one is a story about Burt Reynolds at WrestleMania X

I'm kind of disappointed in the Piper's Pit list. Far too much recent stuff from 2003 and 2005 and not enough of the early days. Stuff like the Pit where Piper's showing some cartoons of the A-Team after WrestleMania, the self interview, Frankie Williams, Snuka and the coconut, beatdown by Adonis & Co. on Piper, and his original retirement (maybe that's 3/28/87) are all essential, in my opinion. Who cares about his stuff with Khali and Daivari anyway? The only worthwhile recent one is the Zach Gowan one, which may have been Sean O'Haire's peak in the company.

Don't they realize why people want/buy these discs of the "Legends"? It's for OLD stuff. I could care less about a Piper's Pit with Zach Gowen or the Great Khali. But that's what WWE does with people who have recent footage. They spend about half of the feature and half of the extras focusing on the present, like anything Piper related 2003-present is gold or something. Sheesh.

The Hollywood Blondes, it was announced, moved their training facility to Hollywood, CA and set up a private "studio" there where they scouted film. So their attitude, home, training facility, studio, everything had VERY much to do with California. Pillman and Austin were also billed as from Hollywood, CA when wrestling in singles bouts, as opposed to Cincy for Brian.