TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

From Da Meltz:

--For those who have gotten the new Hogan DVD, we got a report on Disc 2 with the Hogan-Slaughter match from Wrestlemania, there is an audio problem late in the match after Hogan scores the pin, and it is out of synch for about three minutes. Let me know if that's consistent or just in one person's copy. Best Buy is including a disc of Hogan Knows Best with the set and Circuit City is including a Hulkamania bandanna.

Can anyone confirm?

Yes, I can, and it's bad. Bad to the point that I can see a replacement disc program being put in place.

Hogan gets the pin, and at the very point that he is handed the belt after the match, the audio COMPLETELY CUTS OUT for about a minute and 20 seconds. SILENCE. Then, after that 1:20, as Hogan is posing, AUDIO FROM THE END OF THE MATCH (you can hear Gorilla calling the big boot and legdrop) plays. As soon as the pin happens (on audio), the audio cuts back to match Hogan's posing, and the rest is alright.

It's more like 2 minutes, not 3 as Meltzer indicated, but it's a huge error.

thats nice, its there such a thing as quality control with wwe? does anyone watch these dvds before they send them out for release?

i hadnt got to that point yet.

one good hting about the reinclusion of certain matches on this set is that for example, the war to settle the score match is on here, but it includes the full entrances and bob costas intros(though the live audio gets really low so they can blast real american over eye of the tiger), on the stars of the 80's set they just cut right to the opening bell.

as well as wm 3 vs andre, has full intros with andre and heenan getting pelted with grabage as andre stoicly waves at the people.

other notes

disc 1 menu has real american playing with clips of hogan form the early days to the early 90s, while disc 2 features "american made" (his wcw hulkamania theme) playing and clips of him in wcw, and disc 3 has some generic song intended I guess to replace "voodoo chile" with clips of hogan from his wwf comeback in 02- today

did the unforgiven dvd come out yet? cuz we havent gotten it in yet at my CC

thats nice, its there such a thing as quality control with wwe? does anyone watch these dvds before they send them out for release?

i hadnt got to that point yet.

one good hting about the reinclusion of certain matches on this set is that for example, the war to settle the score match is on here, but it includes the full entrances and bob costas intros(though the live audio gets really low so they can blast real american over eye of the tiger), on the stars of the 80's set they just cut right to the opening bell.

as well as wm 3 vs andre, has full intros with andre and heenan getting pelted with grabage as andre stoicly waves at the people.

That's one of the things I liked about when the issued Rey/Eddie from Halloween Havoc 97 (also, the commentary).

It's too bad that on Bret's DVD, of all the matches to have a technical problem, it's the WrestleMania 13 match.

Its always seems to be the Mania matches that have the technical problems if there is one.

Yeah, Unforgiven came out on the 17th also. I've seen it at Best Buy and at Wal-Mart. It is the Cena picture from the poster and there is some sticker about DX bonus features, I guess similar to what they did with Vengeance.

Yeah, Unforgiven came out on the 17th also. I've seen it at Best Buy and at Wal-Mart. It is the Cena picture from the poster and there is some sticker about DX bonus features, I guess similar to what they did with Vengeance.

I've seen it at Suncoast packed with the Trish Stratus DVD from a few years ago, just like Summerslam was packed with Cena's DVD.

still not here, I think CC is not releasing it in store, the website says it is for shipping only so that seems to confirm it

and yea I read on the cc websit the extras include HHH vs Vince Streetfight from the 9-11-06 RAW and Trish backstage after her last match

This probably deserves it's own thread, but WWE has announced the 2007 DVDs:

http://www.wwe.com/shop/dvd/upcomingdvds

Armageddon 2006 1/16/07

ECW Extreme Rules (2-disc DVD) 1/30/07

New Year's Revolution 2007 2/06/07

The New and Improved DX (3-disc DVD) 2/20/06

Royal Rumble 2007 2/27/07

Royal Rumble The Complete Anthology 3/13/07

No Way Out 2007 3/20/07

Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen 4/10/07

WrestleMania 23 5/22/07

Backlash 2007 5/29/07

Great Families of Wrestling 6/05/07

Judgment Day 2007 6/19/07

ECW One Night Stand 2007 7/10/07

Vengeance 2007 7/24/07

The Great American Bash 2007 8/21/07

The Ladder Match 8/28/07

The Triumph & Tragegdy of WCCW 9/18/07

SummerSlam 2007 9/25/07

Unforgiven 2007 10/16/07

Rey Mysterio The Biggest Little Man 10/23/07

No Mercy 2007 11/06/07

John Cena: My Life 11/06/07

Stone Cole Steve Austin's Life & Legacy 11/20/07

WWE Cyber Sunday 12/04/07

Survivor Series 2007 12/26/07

ECW December to Dismember 01/01/08

"The Triumph & Tragegdy of WCCW 9/18/07"

YES!!!

I bet its gonna be full of Steve Austin, Cactus Jack Manson, Freebirds :lol:

Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen 4/10/07

WOOOOOOOOOO

I'm glad another Rey & Cena DVD are being released before someone like Edge gets one.

Do you think the Ladder Match DVD will have Bret-Bad News on it?

There are great selections in there, like the long-awaited Austin and Horsemen DVDs. Great Families, Ladder and Mysterio are on the "wait and see" list. I don't want the Families set to turn out like the Greatest managers DVD, or the Ladder and Mysterio discs to have plenty of duplicates in them.

And how in the hell does ECW : Sci-Fi era and DX 2006 deserve to have multi-discs DVDs ? A DX anthology would make sense if they recapped all of their incarnations, but 3 discs of dick jokes, "comedy" and asses ? Fuck, I'd rather get the 2004 diva search DVD instead.

I just read on Amazon that thye Piper set is 3 discs, that's the first I've heard about this, Holy Cow, does anyone have match listings for it yet?

I just read on Amazon that thye Piper set is 3 discs, that's the first I've heard about this, Holy Cow, does anyone have match listings for it yet?

There is a long ass listing of everything in the main feature somewhere in this thread. Here is the match listing again:

This three-disc set covers the extensive career of the 'Hot Rod', whose intense rivalry with Hulk Hogan highlighted the infamous War to Settle the Score and the first ever Wrestlemania. Sometimes hated, sometimes loved the 'Rowdy one' never failed to entertain, especially on his revolutionary popular interview segment, Piper's Pit. This DVD set features Piper's unique comments on his childhood, getting into the business at 15, working with Mr. T, wrestling promoters, his movie appearances, working in WCW, his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, and much more. In addition, fellow Superstars Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine, and many more offer their personal takes on the 'Hot Rod'.

This three-disc set is packed with amazing extras including:

More than 20 years of Piper's Pit

A collection of professional wrestling's most unique and entertaining interview segment.

Some of 'Rowdy' Roddy' Piper's greatest matches:

Roddy Piper & Mike Popovich vs. Buddy Rose & Rip Oliver

Portland Wrestling

Northwest Heavyweight Title Match

Roddy Piper vs. Buddy Rose

Portland Wrestling

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship Match

Roddy Piper vs. Jack Brisco

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling - 07/07/82

Dog Collar Match for the NWA United States Championship

Roddy Piper vs. Greg Valentine

Starrcade - 24/11/83

Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff vs. Hulk Hogan & Mr. T

WrestleMania - 31/03/85

Roddy Piper vs. Paul Orndorff

Saturday Night's Main Event - 05/10/85

Boxing Match

Roddy Piper vs. Mr. T

WrestleMania 2 - 07/04/86

Roddy Piper vs. The Iron Sheik

Saturday Night's Main Event - 04/10/86

Roddy Piper vs. Bob Orton

Saturday Night's Main Event - 29/11/86

Hair vs. Hair Match

Roddy Piper vs. Adrian Adonis

WrestleMania III - 29/03/87

Roddy Piper vs. Hulk Hogan

"War to Settle the Score", Madison Square Garden - 18/02/85

Steel Cage Match

Roddy Piper vs. Rick Rude

Madison Square Garden - 28/12/89

Roddy Piper vs. Bad News Brown

WrestleMania VI - 01/04/90

Intercontinental Championship

Roddy Piper vs. The Mountie

Royal Rumble - 19/01/92

Intercontinental Championship

Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart

WrestleMania VIII - 05/04/92

Hollywood Back Lot Brawl

Roddy Piper vs. Goldust

WrestleMania XII - 31/03/96

Roddy Piper vs. Hollywood Hogan

Starrcade - 29/12/96

finished watching the hogan set today (note I skipped thru the andre wm 3 and streetfight vs vince since I had see those matches too many times already.) when they show the nwo formation and the stick it speech, a shogan is coming ot the ring they silence Heenans "but whose side is he on?" line that many have complained about thru the years. starrcade 97 begins at the bell so we dont get stings awesome entrance, but at least bischoff gets to talk before the match and explain kinda the long buildup to perhaps one of the best wcw feuds ever (of course all the awesome went out with the awful match and finish)

watched hogan vs hbk for the first time since the live ppv today. man shawn might have had hennig beat for most oversells to hogans offense. too bad the dvd doesnt show shawns promo from the next nights raw (hehe)

all in all a good set, despite the oft used matches. wish I had got the wlamrt version but its too late and Im not dropping another 20 bucks for 6 matches

I never understood that complaint about Heenan. The announcers were all playing paranoid at the time and it seemed like the perfect thing to say, especially for a guy that had feuded with Hogan for a couple decades.

I always thought the Heenan line was fine also, and went right along with his character and hatred of Hogan. One of my favorite things about Hogan's heel turn was hearing Heenan able to say "I told you so!" once and for all for the next few years. Great, great stuff.

EDIT: nevermind was posting the 2007 dvds, but just found it a few posts up.

I believe the AWA dvd is coming out this year.

I believe the AWA dvd is coming out this year.

Are people really that excited about the AWA DVD? Most of the AWA matches I can recall seeing have been pretty awful. Classic 60s/70s plodding wrestling.

The AWA thing will mostly be interesting I think to see guys who became mega stars in WWF/WCW/NWA in their early years, plus probably some more Billy Graham, and I'm always up for hearing more from him

I guess I'll be interested if they honestly talk about the mistakes the AWA made. I don't want to hear fifteen different people say "Vern was a great guy, and he quit at the right time", I want to hear "The AWA couldn't adapt, and they had problems X, Y, and Z", etc. They should talk about the downfall at the end, the stupid gimmick tournament, etc.

I'm getting my fill of AWA fast forwarding through the shows on 24/7 and the 2 hour special that aired during the summer. I will say that Dusty/Murdoch vs. Billy Robinson and a totally different looking Don Muraco from the 70s was fairly awesome, especially considering what expectations I have from older matches. Robinson did (I'm fairly sure) a uranage backbreaker, and the match also had a brainbuster on the floor.

Guest Bulldogs'86

Any match listings yet for the AWA DVD? If it's set to be released in December, you would think that we would know more about this DVD by now.

Somebody already posted the match listing a couple of weeks back. It's either back a few pages on this very thread or listed in the Comments which don't warrant a thread one.