TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

UFC 59 already SOLD OUT?

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin headlines the big event in California at the Arrowhead Pond and the bottom line is the fans in California have spoken- UFC 59 in Anaheim has already sold out!! Remember the fastest selling UFC ever was UFC 57 this past weekend which sold out in five weeks. UFC 59 sold out in less than five days. That’s right if you are keeping track at home the single tickets you may or may not be able to buy as of this column, actually sold out in THREE DAYS. From five weeks to three days is mind boggling.

- MMAWeekly via Thefightnetwork

I think that proves that Tito and/or Forrest are the biggest draws in UFC considering that fight has the potential to end one guys comeback/short term career.

SoCal is the Mecca of MMA in America, so a huge response was expected (though I don't know if they expected one THIS huge). Tito being a recognizable Cali guy helps, but I think a few other guys could've garnered this response, as well.

Guest Brian

Yeah, the starved fans in Cali were going to totally bite on this. I was going to buy tickets and E-bay them but I forgot. Goddammit.

Does anyone remember really audible boos at UFC 57, than Rogan going, I guess they must hate Tito? What happened there? They didn't show him on screen, how did he know that is who they were booing?

I imagine that the crowd will be split, as Tito is hated among most mma fans these days but he will be near his hometown.

I think it'll depend on how the crowd feels about another Tito vs Chuck match. I'm not sure how public the UFC has made Tito's deal regarding the fights but if he loses to Forrest I'm not sure what they'll do with him. Probably still fight Shamrock in October but no title shot.

I want to see Tito get KO'd, big time, and I'd love to see Randy come out with Andre the same way Andre came out with Randy last week. I loved that.