TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

OAO Against All Odds PPV thread

To be honest, The height in the Universial Studios isn't much, so it wouldn't be an impressive sight anyways.

I say teasing Sting to appear during the match, by having the music play and even going as far as to shine a spotlight at the ceiling, all to turn out to be a ruse by Jarrett or one of his cronies to screw with Cage and the fans, only for Sting to pop-up through the ring or just from the crowd. Whacks Jarrett with the Bat but extends the favor to Cage as well.

Signifying Sting as a lonewolf character once again.

I decided since I have no classwork to do and nothing else is on, I will go ahead and get this show because I think it'll deliver. I'm curious to see what the three way sequel does to follow the first.

I have a feeling Gen Next Vs Naturals steals the show and that Rhino/Abyss has something really insane tonight.

I just feel this show would have more importance and hype if they didn't have a monthly ppv.

Looks like they finally got rid of Borash as ring announcer and they brought back Dave Penzer from the WCW days.

Regarding the Strong/Aries deal, I dont see them being in trouble about working the ROH show, as long as they made it to tonight's ppv.

Ah, yet ANOTHER A1 match.

He's been busy thus far this year.

...oh, and for anyone that watches XPlosion...I didn't see the archives on TNAWrestling.com updated, did XPlosion this week have any original matches or no?

Ah, yet ANOTHER A1 match.

He's been busy thus far this year.

...oh, and for anyone that watches XPlosion...I didn't see the archives on TNAWrestling.com updated, did XPlosion this week have any original matches or no?

Nope, it was all just an Impact redux with the show that Sting did his promo on this past weekend.

James Mitchell seems to have so much fun talking about evil things.

I always felt that Mitchell and Kane would have been a interesting combo in WWE.

Yeah...that would be interesting.

*Pictures a Taker/Bearer combo feuding with a Kane/Mitchell combo.

A bunch of us were supposed to chip in and get this show tonight, but those plans got put away thanks to the major snowstorm in my neck of the woods. So while I'll get a tape of the event later in the week, I'll be relying on you guys here in the thread for updates tonight.

tnawrestling.com updates:

PRESHOW:

RON “THE TRUTH” KILLINGS vs. A1

Before the match even got started, all members of Team Canada were sent to the back. This match was of really high importance for Ron “The Truth” Killings because he’s still in proving grounds with being back in singles competition. The former 2-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion was keeping the big powerhouse in A1 grounded as much as he could. He used such great agility and athleticism in taking A1 down with spinning kicks. In the end, it was the Axe Kick putting A1 in a dormant state for the victory.

Winner: Ron “The Truth” Killings

PRESHOW:

“THE PRINCE OF PUNK” SHANNON MOORE & THE DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH (ELIX SKIPPER & DAVID YOUNG) w/ SIMON DIAMOND vs. LANCE HOYT, SHARK BOY, & CASSIDY RILEY

Shannon Moore began this match off against the follower of Raven, Cassidy Riley. Riley showed great aerial ability by hitting off a moonsault off the ropes early on. Shark Boy was then tagged in to take a bite out of David Young. He suffered a few puncture wounds by Shark Boy stemming off a few misses by David Young including a missed leg drop from the top rope, but his spinebuster was the only thing not missed. Elix Skipper then took a tag that Shannon Moore wanted. Primetime had the offensive momentum and gave a quick tag back to David Young and again Moore wanted the tag but didn’t get it. Just after a mid-ring clothesline by Young, he tagged Skipper yet again. At this point “The Prince of Punk” was growing infuriated and blindly tagged Skipper to get himself in. He t-boned Shark Boy right overhead and followed up with a variation of the abdominal stretch. Lance Hoyt later came in during some miscommunication on the opposing team and took everyone out. Cassidy Riley also came in and at this point everything was let loose. Riley took a hard fall outside and then out of nowhere, Shannon Moore threw his own members out of the ring and went for a single leg crab on Hoyt to try and get the win. Skipper broke that and then suffered the Texas Towerbomb as Shannon Moore was seen heading to the back.

Winners: Lance Hoyt, Shark Boy, & Cassidy Riley

Damn this is a sick opener! All solid stuff here with Stong really picking it up after blowing an irish whip spot.

Naturals win with The Natural Disaster after the ref catchs Aries trying to use the ropes.

Shit, the finish came out of nowhere. Kind of surprised to see the Naturals going over though. And dont agree with it.

Guest Desperate Housewife

How dare they elect to work ROH over TNA

Seriously, I bet thats why they jobbed

That was a pretty good little match, wrong team went over IMO.

I liked the spot were Aries hit a elbow off the bottom rope, Strong with a second rope elbow. For some reason I really wanted Aries to hit a top rope one to finish it off, I was sadly denied that small pleasure.

Borash sounded like he was talking in a tin can there...

Man, Dutt better not slow down this match like the Impact match last night. He looked like shit there and once Sabin got injured it really went to shit fast.

Geez, after Aries & Strong beat the Nats during the tag tournament, people actually thought they'd win the rematch too! The Nats aren't COMPLETE jobbers.

How new is Williams pyro? I've not seen that before.

Also, Shelley's got a t-shirt of his own now, didn't look too bad.

A Shelley-Raven feud would make sense whenever he comes back. Probably tieing it into the video he took of Jackie too.

Really shocked they havent brought back in Kazarian at all since he left WWE. Bentley is boring otherwise.