TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Winter Olympic Men's Hockey Thread

Guest Rrrsh

A total overhaul is needed for 2010. Our Defence and schemes were pathetic and we were old and slow.

Very dissapointed in Canadas play.

We wish Canada well in their future endeavours in Vancouver.

Edited for accuracy. We might not be so great at hockey today, but dammit, I'll die before I downplay Canadian spelling.

Did I burn a Canadian flag and not realize it? Tory government and no medal within a month? Where's all my bad karma coming from?

While there's a number of factors of course:

PAT FUCKING QUINN!

read every one of my posts in this thread. i was right. all of the know-it-all canadians were right to insult this fucking abortion of a team. they deserved to lose. and i am happy they lost. now they can wake the fuck up & take this shit seriously. its an insult to everything canadian hockey was about. did someone say we need a complete overhaul in 2010? are you a fucking moron? we needed an overhaul this year. are we gonna keep this team in 2010? uncle joe sakic wasn't the brilliant magician red baron made him out to be. in fact everything red barron said turned out to be complete shit. enjoy your assfuck of a team. russian goalies are known to choke! are you choking on your bullshit words?

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! FUCK! Damnit this is worse than 98. Well, 98 (fucking CR) was more heartbreaking, this was jsut pathetic. I mean, with the way things have been going this time around, I wasn't expecting the best, but going out in the Quarterfinals? Come on!

Those fucks needn't bother even coming home now.

Hehehehehe!

So you're Russian AND Chzech AND live in the US? So I'm like genetically programmed to hate you.

To the people that think that Canada won't finish in the medals: what are you smoking, and where can I get some?

I don't know, but whatever it is, I think you need it too.

I'm glad Russia won. Canada didn't deserve to win. Maybe next time Gretzky will actually be smart enough to pick some young, fast forwards instead of his geezer buddies.

The funniest thing about this game was that Baron said that Russia's goalies crack under pressure, and then they go and shutout Canada. Hilarity.

And Alexander Ovechkin is the future of hockey as we know it.

I'm glad Russia won. Canada didn't deserve to win. Maybe next time Gretzky will actually be smart enough to pick some young, fast forwards instead of his geezer buddies.

Or maybe a coach who knows how to play an agressive style of hockey, and learns how to shoot, block, hit and pass.

As I stated not just this year, but way back in 2002, Quinn is not the best coach to lead Canada. Simple as that.

Okay from watching the game. Canada never fucking played hockey. An embarrasement.

JK. Shut the fuck up. Joe Sakic was great out there, but Iginla and Heatley never picked up their slack. Face it, if Sakic scored when he ringed the iron in the third period, you'd be sucking on his dick because of it. But the fact is, Sakic was on the team for a reason to lead Canada. Did he fail at that, yes, but don't blame it on him soley for Canada not to medal. Lots of people here did choke, except for Brodeur, Nash, Lecavlier, Bowmeister, Draper, Doan and Smyth. Joe Thorton has probably been the worst out there for Canada, and hopefully never gets picked again. Completly soft when there's pressure (this was evident in 2002).

This team had too many individual problems here.

McCabe improved every day at least.

Bob McKenzie made a good point today. Gange, Heatley, Iginla, Bertuzzi, Nash and Thorton were basically invisible out there.

I still can't really figure out what went wrong -- this is easily our worst effort in hockey on an international stage ever. And it sucks, but we will be back. Hopefully Gretzky and Co. learned some lessons from this disaster and turn it into gold in 2010. Because if you think it's bad now, just imagine what it will be like if we don't win gold in 2010. I still think Canada is the best hockey country in the world, we just picked a very bad time to play our poorest hockey ever.

Anyways, I'm going to have to go with Russia for the gold medal now, and they will play the Czechs. Even if Finland beats the Czechs, I just don't see them going 8-0 in this tournament.

Edit: Man, who would have thought that beating the Czech Republic would be the worst thing that could have happened to us?

Maybe I'm biased, but I thought the whole Iginla - Sakic - Heatley line was great today. If the rest of the team had played as well as that line did today, then we might not be talking about this right now.

Thornton, Nash, Foote, Bertuzzi, and Pronger were absolutely horrendous today.

Probably Sutter or Crawford, but you have Mr. Martin and Hitchhock on the bench also Quennville and Babcock.

Have either Gainey or Burke lead Canada for like a GM position.

Babcock's the best coach of all those guys. Gainey shouldn't be near the GM's post, sorry to tell you. Quenneville's a shitty coach, and Crawford fits in the not so great category. Hitchcock's alright, but they'll play the same style they did in this tourney. I won't discuss Jacques Martin. Lot's of guys wouldn't buy into Sutter's system and they'd wind up in his doghouse. It's a 2 way street. They have to be able to manage the egos, yet win the tourney. It's near fucking impossible.

All of them are better than Quinn.

Hitchhock does have the same style as Quinn, but can motivate his team. You can tell which team between Toronto and Phili that has more motivation on the ice and desire.

Quennville has nothing to work with in Colorado, but if he gets in some players he likes (solid two way players) he can gel a team together.

Martin can bring a team together through the rough times. Fear Florida next year in the NHL, IMO.

No one would buy into Sutter style. You'd be worked into Sutter style (see Brent in the Juniors)

I've always liked Crawford as a coach.

Who'd you puit as GM for Canada? I mentioned those two because they were on the top of my head.