TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2006

Don't just give up before the season begins :(

You dont even understand how much this pisses me off. I waited for this god damn thing since you started it because huge drafts like this are always fun for me. Add to the fact that i'm never sleeping before 11pm weekdays and tonight is a freak thing and i'm incredibly fucking screwed in this league before it starts.

Anyone with any baseball knowledge can see that I will finish last or close to it so how much point is there in even trying when my stupidity prevents me from having a fair start in the first place.

Well, make it a challenge. Like I said, pretend you're rebuilding. Make some smart trades, scour the wires, etc. It just wouldn't be fun if one or more teams just give up before things even begin.

If Clemens pitches and Prior gets healthy your pitching is excellent. Your lineup is...weak...but salvageable with some moves.

I actually really like my team this year. Bill Hall at 2B is the only real weakness in my lineup, and I'm going to rock ERA, WHIP, and Holds for pitching.

Last year, I came in as a replacement team and I couldn't draft anyone good, so I ended up with a really shitty team, but I think things will be different this year. I like my squad a lot.

For reference:

C: Jason Varitek

1B: Albert Pujols

2B: Bill Hall

SS: Derek Jeter

3B: Shea Hillenbrand

OF: Coco Crisp

OF: JD Drew

OF: Brady Clark

Util: Craig Monroe

And I've got Lowell and Lawton on my bench in case they rebound and have good years. I mean honestly, show me a weakness in that lineup. I guess there's not a ton of speed, but I think I should be able to get at least 3 or 4 categories each week.

I'm not sure if I like my team or not. It definitely needs some additions through free agent pick ups.

What do you guys think?

C I. Rodríguez

1B P. Konerko

2B C. Figgins

3B T. Glaus

SS M. Young

OF G. Anderson

OF J. Guillén

OF J. Encarnación

Util A. Kennedy

SP L. Hernández

SP J. Vázquez

SP M. Clement

SP G. Maddux

SP M. Morris

SP K. Benson

SP D. Williams

RP E. Gagne

RP D. Weathers

BN D. Marte (probably will be dropped for a closer)

BN Z. Greinke (probably will be dropped for anyone)

I'm not sure if I like my team or not. It definitely needs some additions through free agent pick ups.

What do you guys think?

SP L. Hernández

SP J. Vázquez

SP M. Clement

SP G. Maddux

SP M. Morris

SP K. Benson

SP D. Williams

I'll be charitable and just say that yeah, your pitching needs a wee bit of help.

Not a huge fan of my team from first glance, but that's auto-drafting for you.

C- Rod Barajas

1B- Mike Sweeney

2B- Craig Counsell

3B- Morgan Ensberg

SS- Angel Berroa

OF- Ichiro Suzuki

OF- Johnny Damon

OF- Milton Bradley

Util- Geoff Jenkins

Bench- Darin Erstaf

SP- Pedro Martinez

SP- Doug Davis

SP- Brandon McCarthy

RP- Chad Cordero

RP- Eddie Guardado

P- Keith Foulke

P- Tim Wakefield

Bench- Miguel Batista

Bench- Rudy Seanez

Bench- Nate Robertson

C R. Doumit

1B R. Howard

2B M. Ellis

3B D. McPherson

SS C. Barmes

OF V. Guerrero

OF V. Wells

OF W. Taveras

Util T. Hafner

BN I. Kinsler

BN J. Gathright

SP J. Garland

SP S. Kazmir

SP D. Lowe

RP J. Nathan

RP J. Duchscherer

P Ol. Pérez

P K. Saarloos

BN G. Floyd

BN F. Rodney

I like to call this team a calculated risk. I'm going to hit the WW for pitching often.

C- B. Molina

1B- B. Wilkerson

2B- M. Bellhorn

3B- M. Cabrera

SS- R. Furcal

OF- A. Jones

OF- C. Floyd

OF- J. Edmonds

Util- H. Blalock

BN- C. Koskie

BN- B. Schnieder

SP- M. Mussina

SP- J. Towers

SP- P. Byrd

RP- H. Street

RP- B. Fuentes

P- A. Benitez

P- D. Bush

BN- J. Frasor

BN- J. Speier

Not a huge fan of my starting pitching, but the rest of my team looks ok assuming everyone holds up. Anyone want to make a trade, send me an offer, only a few of my players are untouchable.

C- V. Martinez

1B - A. Dunn

2B - R. Freel

SS - J. Peralta

3B - D. Wright

OF - B. Bonds

OF - J. Michaels

OF - T. Nixon

Util - J. Thome

B - BJ Upton

B - C. Jackson

SP - E. Bedard

SP - J. Bonderman

SP - J. Seo

RP - Aaron Heilman

RP - Ryan Madson

P - S. Olsen

P - J. Verlander

B - T. Bowyer

B - C. Reitsma

I like the flexability Madson and Heilman give me qualifying as SP and RP, I can run a team of 7 starters out there if Bowyer and Reitsma don't hold down jobs. If Bonds or Thome gets healthy enough to play 130 games, I love my lineup. If they both get healthy, it's a monster.

C J. Willingham ---Promising young prospect who will likely be playing both outfielder and catcher. Thus he gets alot more games and alot more chances. In AAA. he went .324-19-54 in 66 games. Make that a full season and we could see a 30-100 outfielder who is catcher eligible. TOP 5 Catcher

1B P. Fielder -- Leading candidate for NL Rookie of the Year. Possible 25 HR season.

2B F. López -- Great fantasy upside, and eligible at two position. A .300 30-100-10 season is a good possibility

3B Á. Rodríguez --TOP 5 overall players. Nuff Said.

SS J. Rollins --TOP 5 SS. Active 36 game hitting streak. Each year in the past three he's struck out less, and increased average, stolen bases, and hits. A .300-15-60-50 is what I am expecting.

I look at my infield, and feel I've got a contender. That's a damn strong infield.

OF C. Beltrán -- I think he will be a .280-25-90-25 guy. For when I got him, a freaking bargain.

OF M. Holliday -- Solid outfielder on and off Coors Field. I look for him to improve slightly, a .300-20-95-20 season.

OF W. Peña -- Sucks that he got traded. He strikes out too much, but he's a threat for 100 RBI's.

Decent 3 outfielders. Nothing special. I'm not burned by any of them.

Util P. Wilson --Upside guy. A bargain again when I got him. His splits stats last year were very good, and his chances at a 30-100 are pretty good.

BN G. Matthews Jr. -Eh.

Starters

SP J. Schmidt --Low Whip, a K and Inning, what is not to like? Well he is getting old. This is probably his last year of good stats.

SP M. Cain -- High Upside pitcher. I like his chances.

SP F. Liriano --Supposedly is the "franchise pitcher" for the twins. Another high upside guy.

P R. López

P B. Chen

--The Leo Mazzone effect. Nuff said.

RP J. Crain

RP L. Ayala

--Bunch of middle relievers. Just want to squeeze some wins from them.

BN A. Otsuka

BN C. Wang

BN S. Mori

--Meh.

The strength of my team is obviously offense. I punted saves as to me, its a worthless category given how erratic closers are. I'll pick up a closer here and there when they emerge.

Guest Wart

I forgot all about the draft and thought it was on Tuesday for some reason... so....

Every player on my team(Warts Whackos) is available if, for some reason, anybody is interested.

C: Jorge Posada

1B: David Ortiz

2B: Luis Castillo

3B: Bill Mueller

SS: Edgar Renteria

OF: Lance Berkman

OF: Jonny Gomes

OF: David DeJesus

UTL: Craig Wilson

BN: Aaron Hill

BN: Frank Thomas

BN: Corey Patterson

SP: Randy Johnson

SP: John Lackey

SP: Barry Zito

RP: Jonathan Papelbon

RP: Scot Shields

P: Gustavo Chacin

P: Odalis Perez

BN: Dan Wheeler

On second glance, I don't know about my team. I'm going to have to rely on Vlad, Howard, Hafner and Wells to carry my hitting, and my pitching is weak. Eh.

My offense is awesome..Phil Nevin might end up being the steal of the draft (Round 19) for me if he plays like he did today (2-4, 1 HR 5 RBI) and the only reason I played him was because Baldelli was on the DL. He can hit, but he was stuck out in SD..if he stays healthy he'll make a good utility guy.

Capuano pitched well today..

One sign that Im really happy with my team so far is that I haven't made any moves yet, although Im probably going to have to make moves to sure up my pitching..

UPDATE:

Pettite 4.2 innings 13.50 ERA

Smoltz 5.0 innings 9.00 ERA

The damn steriod investigation is hurting the pitchers more than the HR heroes.