TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jacques

Konnan fans unite

Am I the only one loving Konnan in his new role? IMO this is the first time he is being used to his full potencial in US and he is delivering. His promos have single-handedly made the LAX-James Gang feud worth watching. And I believe he is the only wrestler not named Jarrett who's got a "you suck" chant in the normally smarky Orlando.

Konnan is definitely one of the better mic workers in wrestling right now. Personally I think the suck that is the James Gang outweighs what Konnan does, but Konnan is still believable as a thug dickhead.

That said, I never want to see Konnan in the ring for a match ever again. He needs hip replacement and shoulder surgery as well. As long as he flaps his gums and doesn't wrestle, he's just fine in his role.

I have enjoyed Konnan in his new role too. He's definitely one of the few truly over heels in the entire company....and the LAX was the perfect set-up to play to his strong suit. Him as the mouthpiece getting over a tag team. But he's having to carry the load right now with Homicide hurt and Apolo on the outs with the company. Hopefully they get a regular stable of health guys and let Konnan bring them the heat.

Guest GoJoe

Homicide is pretty much 100% now, he's going one-on-one with Cabana on 2/25, which will be the blow off of their feud in ROH. There's no way they would book that match yet if he wasn't a lot better now.

Guest Timmer

Aren't they talkin bout Low-ki possibly joing LAX?

As far as Konnan, he's always been over on the mic. Peeps loved him back in WCW when he was part of the Wolfpac

Low Ki has been talked about as joining LAX due to his relationship with Homicide and TNA is willing to let the past be the past and give Low Ki another shot.

Problem is? Low Ki has other commitments that holds higher for him then TNA. TNA would have to work around Low Ki's other commitments, which is mostly the reason they have been hesitant to pull the trigger on bringing Low Ki back.

As far as Konnan, he's always been over on the mic. Idiots loved him back in WCW when he was part of the Wolfpac

Fixed.

Konnan gets X-Pac heat from me. *click* -that's the sound of the channel changing.

As far as Konnan, he's always been over on the mic. Idiots loved him back in WCW when he was part of the Wolfpac

Fixed.

KonnanTNA heels gets X-Pac heat from marks. *click* -that's the sound of indifference.

Corrected.

Fixed.

Konnan gets X-Pac heat from me. *click* -that's the sound of the channel changing.

I HATED him in WCW, but as the heel mouthpiece/occasional wrestler for a group that doesn't get mass amounts of promo time, he's great.

Yeah Konnan fans unite

and take advantage of the "2 pays, 1 eats for free" at the Chicken Shack in Orlando

come one, come all three

Fixed.

I HATED him in WCW, but as the heel mouthpiece/occasional wrestler for a group that doesn't get mass amounts of promo time, he's great.

He would be less annoying in that role if I knew what the fuck he was talking about 90% of the time.

Guest Flockmember37

I saw Konnan do a Lucha Libre show last year and he can still go if he wants. Fast paced, quick reversals, lucha style, but I guess he wants a more "American" approach.

I still love the rolling clothesline and tequila sunrise

I saw Konnan do a Lucha Libre show last year and he can still go if he wants. Fast paced, quick reversals, lucha style, but I guess he wants a more "American" approach.

You mean lucha style where all you're watching is 700 variations of the armdrag or rana? :P

You mean lucha style where all you're watching is 700 variations of the armdrag or rana? :P

Take THAT, respected national pasttime that isn't a complete and utter joke!

While we're at it, Puro's just a bunch of fat 50 year olds hitting each other hard and dropping each other on their heads.

While we're at it, Puro's just a bunch of fat 50 year olds hitting each other hard and dropping each other on their heads.

Yeah but it's the "dropping each other on their heads" part thats cool.

Oh, I'm so terribly sorry that the lucha style does absolutely nothing for me. God knows I've tried to watch it enough times to figure this out.

Guest shark boy super fan

Take THAT, respected national pasttime that isn't a complete and utter joke!

Yep and Billy Firehawk is respected on the same level as Paul Heyman through out the industry.