TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

THE OAO Raw thread for 2/20/06

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I can't help being a FAN of the product

I don't understand the logic that you can't be a fan if you don't want HHH and Randy Orton to win the title at Wrestlemania. You can be a fan of the product and still be unhappy when they do stupid things.

Triple H has also been in the main storyline on RAW three of the last four years, and probably again this year. That's comparable to Austin (and if he main events this year, he'll be ahead of Austin), the guy that made more money than anyone in the company's history.

Just cause I'm curious, how much did Austin make the company on merchandise sales alone?

I don't have exact numbers, but Meltzer said that Austin made the company a lot more money than Hogan did and that the original "Austin 3:16" t-shirt was the only shirt that outsold the original "Hulk Rules" t-shirt.

Guest Desperate Housewife

I can't help being a FAN of the product

"The product." Yeah, spoken like a true fan.

"Wrestling" probably is a dirty word to you as well.

Do you refer to the wrestlers as "sports entertainers" or "WWE Superstars ?"

Vince Russo once had The Godfather fined for using the word "wrestler" to describe himself in a promo. Just saying

I don't understand the logic that you can't be a fan if you don't want HHH and Randy Orton to win the title at Wrestlemania. You can be a fan of the product and still be unhappy when they do stupid things.

And giving Orton..wait for it...a MATCH! at Wrestlemania, is a stupid thing?

You're an idiot. Go watch Jarrett

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

And giving Orton..wait for it...a MATCH! at Wrestlemania, is a stupid thing?

You're an idiot. Go watch Jarrett

Why yes, that's exactly what I said. If you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

I said Randy Orton shouldn't win the world title on the biggest show of the year, and you somehow translated that into "Randy Orton should be left off the show all together."

And then babbled about Jeff Jarrett.

Triple H has also been in the main storyline on RAW three of the last four years, and probably again this year. That's comparable to Austin (and if he main events this year, he'll be ahead of Austin), the guy that made more money than anyone in the company's history.

Just cause I'm curious, how much did Austin make the company on merchandise sales alone?

I don't have exact numbers, but Meltzer said that Austin made the company a lot more money than Hogan did and that the original "Austin 3:16" t-shirt was the only shirt that outsold the original "Hulk Rules" t-shirt.

Does Meltzer take into account that Austin was working 12 PPVs a year while Hogan was working four maximum or any other related factors.

Guest Princess Leena

The only reason I have no problem with Randall in the SD main event at WM, is because there's very few other options. I think Angle/Rey was the way to go, but WWE understandably is leery about pulling the trigger on Rey. After that, there's not much else besides Randall.

And the hate people have here for Randall is silly, because most of it is derived from him being told what to do in a terrible angle... and when he puts on another performance like last year's WM against Taker, or something like the Foley match... the fickle smarks will tolerate him again.

Mommy Mommy! He made fun of Guerrero!!!

You understand I could care less if he can't wrestle or not?

I'm delighted Vince McMahon has decided to start doing things the way he wants, and stopped listening to a group of ungrateful morons.

If you're criticising the WWE - I don't see why you should post in a WWE Fan Forum

Mommy Mommy! He made fun of Guerrero!!!

I'm delighted Vince McMahon has decided to start doing things the way he wants, and stopped listening to a group of ungrateful morons.

If you're criticising the WWE - I don't see why you should post in a WWE Fan Forum

For the same fucking reason you constantly post in the TNA forum. Seriously, shut the fuck up already.

The only reason I have no problem with Randall in the SD main event at WM, is because there's very few other options. I think Angle/Rey was the way to go, but WWE understandably is leery about pulling the trigger on Rey. After that, there's not much else besides Randall.

And the hate people have here for Randall is silly, because most of it is derived from him being told what to do in a terrible angle... and when he puts on another performance like last year's WM against Taker, or something like the Foley match... the fickle smarks will tolerate him again.

Orton was being dumped on long before this Eddy stuff, no doubt about it. While I enjoyed those matches you stated, what else has he done to impress? I think thats everyone's point. He's been VERY hit or miss, and thats even from coming from a person who can tolerate his stuff much more than many around here.

Realistically, Smackdown has many more options than doing Angle/Orton, if thats the case that they are actually doing that. They've all been explained here already. Honestly, Orton/Angle is one of the least smart ideas, compared to others such as the proposed triple threats or four way title matches for Mania. Taker/Angle would also be better, as would Rey/Angle. Orton/Angle has no buildup or heat to it other than a really underwhelming segment on the ppv they did that went nowhere.

So, say, a lifelong fan of a sports franchise (well say, the New York Knicks) does not have the right to voice their displeasure if they believe their team is making incorrect decisions?

Yeah, if I watch a match announced as being for the World HEAVYWEIGHT Title, and see Rey Mysterio in there - I'll die laughing

and when he puts on another performance like last year's WM against Taker, or something like the Foley match... the fickle smarks will tolerate him again.

Can't speak for others, but I never liked him. He should be a mid-carder at the very highest. RNN was a midcarder schtick. Legend Killer could hardly pass as a main event gimmick when it was done in a dying company. He doesn't have the charisma or ring presence of a main eventer, and he won't get it without some tremendous changes.

He still looks like a goofy jackass.

WOW - yet another new low for you. Now you are saying nobody should be critical if they are a fan?

So why do you bitch and moan that everyone is biased and too nicey nice to TNA in the TNA folder if apparently just "TNA fans" should only post in there and be strictly positive according to your BS logic?

Furthermore, why do you post in there if its apparently just supposed to be for "TNA fans only."

Get the fuck outta here - please mods, ban!

Because I don't "get" the criticism of the WWE. Nothings pissed me off lately, and Mania is being built up well, with the major players getting the matches they deserve. If you're a FAN, like me, what the fuck is your problem????

Because I don't "get" the criticism of the WWE. Nothings pissed me off lately, and Mania is being built up well, with the major players getting the matches they deserve. If you're a FAN, like me, what the fuck is your problem????

I just wanted to quote this post.

Then here's a quick question - what's the problem with running HHH vs. Cena as the main event?

I'm staggered anyone is bitching about Mania, to be honest. You don't know the card but you know it will suck. Sure

Tonight I'm going to play the Desperate Housewife version of the Raw drinking game. Every time something bugs me that a real fan like our friend here would love, a shot of Burnett's watermelon-flavored vodka goes down the hatch. I expect to be blasted by the end of the first hour.

GO AHEAD HOUSEWIFE, DEFEND YA BOY

I'll say it again, you're not a fan, you're a company apologist. Like you're trying to get a job for the company or something as PR spokesperson.

Fans can still be critical when it's deserved and yet support the product when its deserved. If everyone that was a "WWE fan" loved everything they did from top to bottom, we'd see some hot crowds every fucking day after day.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

He's also an awful actor, has no charisma to speak of, is a shitty promo, and perhaps most importantly, isn't exactly over.

Then here's a quick question - what's the problem with running HHH vs. Cena as the main event?

I'm staggered anyone is bitching about Mania, to be honest. You don't know the card but you know it will suck. Sure

Other than the fact that Edge was doing just great as champ and as such he should at least be included in this match in a three way?

Well, HHH and Cena are not getting over in their respective roles. Cena is still hearing the boos and HHH gets pops. See the conflict of interest is here, unless they WANT a double turn to happen?

Tonight I'm going to play the Desperate Housewife version of the Raw drinking game. Every time something bugs me that a real fan like our friend here would love, a shot of Burnett's watermelon-flavored vodka goes down the hatch. I expect to be blasted by the end of the first hour.

I have to admit, I have never thought about drinking vodka in order to make Raw more entertaining. But, that sounds like a good evening.

And I'm saying - I haven't seen anything to be critical of. God knows you'll go nuts when Van Dam jobs - and i stress JOBS. But I won't.

"Because we're gonna do what the boys in the back call a "Run-In"

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

This is going to be HHH's fifth straight Wrestlemania title match. No one has ever done that because it gets fucking boring to see the same guy fighting for the belt every single year.

John Cena is a failure as top face, and they just refuse to admit that.