TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Ace is so fagtastic tonight I'm getting nauseous. It should be him, Kellie and Elliott in the bottom 3 tomorrow night with one of the two scrubs going home, but America will let me down.

Ok, so AI, based on their practice run, puts the best performer on last, the second best on first. Right?

Can't be, ACE has closed a show before.

Ok, so AI, based on their practice run, puts the best performer on last, the second best on first. Right?

Yes, in theory. They do try to mix things up though so you don't always get the same person in the two "best" spots which is why Ace cleaned up one night.

I dunno...she's really gotta start showing some tits, I don't think her voice can win this for her.

I dunno, Simon might have just hitched his wagon to the $$$$ with that praise there. McPhee will win the whole thing if I read that comment of his correctly. I mean he basically said everyone else was a rank amateur tonight, and usually that's his seal of approval.

While that was a very good performance, I don't think she made Taylor look like an amateur. Maybe cause I am a Taylor mark, maybe cause Taylor was very good as well. Simon probably sees the writing on the wall with Katharine and her smaller fanbase and does the math and is trying to give her a rub that puts her above the less deserving Ace and Kellie.

Guest Princess Leena

I dunno...she's really gotta start showing some tits, I don't think her voice can win this for her.

I dunno, Simon might have just hitched his wagon to the $$$$ with that praise there. McPhee will win the whole thing if I read that comment of his correctly. I mean he basically said everyone else was a rank amateur tonight, and usually that's his seal of approval.

Well, I look at that comment differently. As all along, Kati has sounded more "professional". While the others sing like amateurs, and for the most part, improve week after week with experience. Kati has mentioned she's taken many singing lessons, and has been groomed for situations like this her entire life. And it doesn't necessarily mean she's better. This is AI after all... where the point is to find some nobody, and build them up to a star.

Plus, I just think Simon wants to push Kati. While maybe not a threat to go home this week because Ace is left... she's gonna be in danger starting next week, and he's gotta try pushing her as the top female over DA PICKLEZ LOLZIES.

She was really good tonight, though... much needed after her so-so performances the last few weeks.

But, Lushus is right... Kati's really gotta start showing some more skin. She's a beautiful girl, she's gotta start showing it. Because as good as her singing voice is... she's definitely got a lot of ground to make up on Taylor, and probably Chris, as well.

Mindless thoughts as I'm watching the end of the show:

Chris - Pretty good... but, the guy just bores me, though. For as much shit as Elliott gets for "not having any stage presence or personality", Chris has less to me, IMO. Other than having the gimmick as the "rocker boy".

Paris - As much as I don't really like her... the girl's got a great voice. And really has shown she can sing well in just about any genre. No real great performances... but, she's always decent, or better. It's a shame she got on the show at 17, because she's improved quite a bit every week. Some more years of experience, and some more maturity where she wouldn't have shown the fake, bitchy attitude she did in previous weeks, and she could have been a winner of this in some weaker year, like a Fantasia.

Taylor - His psycho act is starting to get annoying to me... I know that he "feels the music in his soul", or whatever... but, I kinda wish he'd tone it down a bit now. He's still a great singer, and probably a better performer, though... and probably gonna win the whole thing. Which I can't disagree with.

Elliott - Simon's comments hurt, because they're true. I really like Elliott... simply because he doesn't have a gimmick like everyone else. He's just an average looking guy, with no real singing experience. But, he's got a great voice, and improves week after week. And his presence and confidence with a crowd has definitely improved out there lately. I really won't like it when he's gone, probably next week.

Kellie - Easily worst performance of the night... but, that's no surprise, as everyone knows she doesn't have the singing talent of the Final 5 here. Her real performance comes after the song... and she basically just admitted she sucked? Not sure what was up with that... was it an attempt to fool people into thinking she's not fake? Probably gonna work, too... *sigh*.

Ace - Actually pretty good, today... I think the best I've heard him sing, so far. And the falsetto actually worked in the song. Still, he's gotta go this week, though. His best performance is worse than everyone else's on a bad day, except for Pickler.

Bottom 3:

Ace (goodbye)

Elliott

Paris.

Well dialidol has Elliot in the # 2 spot, so hopefully he is safe this week. Unfortunately they also have Kellie in 3rd place. I'm upset now. I knew Kellie would glide through the early rounds, but with a performance this bad, combined with good performances from the rest, how the hell is she the third highest vote getter?

unless that dialidol is accurate (which it hasn't always been), I'm going to go out on a limb and say Elliot is the shocker elimination tonight...unfortunantly...I agree with Leena's take on him, dude is good.

While I agree dialidol isn't a great indicator for who is leaving, I think it is good for seeing a few people that are safe. I have yet to see someone who was in the top 2 on dialidol be in the bottom 3 on the show. So I think Elliot is safe tonight, especially now that they have him virtually tied for first place with Taylor. Also, thankfully Kellie has fallen to 4 having been passed by Katharine.

I think unfortunately Ellliot goes home tonight. I like the guy. Behind Chris he and Taylor are my two favorites.

I think that Elliot needed Ace to really stink last night and he was at least okay.

Pickler was awful again (but I didn't think she was as bad as last week when the judges loved her).

Guest Princess Leena
While I agree dialidol isn't a great indicator for who is leaving, I think it is good for seeing a few people that are safe.

That's what I mostly get out of it. Outside of Lisa's elimination, which was a funky week with McPhee in the bottom 3... the top two-thirds of their lists haven't been close to elimination. But, if you're expecting the EXACT order of where people are, that's where you'll fail.

Elliott is really high on dialidol this week, very close to Taylor for 1st. I know he was bottom 3 last week, but still quite surprising in a week where most of the competitors had solid performances.

And Ace is in last by a fairly big distance, so it would be a shock if he isn't eliminated.

If Taylor and Chris aren't in, AI really needs to change their whole format on how people will get eliminated. (Like have the judges eliminate people).

no, that will kill the show as Simon is solidly behind 1 or 2 contestants right from the get go and will ALMOST ALWAYS back them...it's fine enough as it is with the judges "influencing" America.

There's no doubt in my mind that AI executives have been and still are rigging this thing so that we get shocker bottom 3s every so often in order to increase ratings and votes. That's probably why people high up on dialidol are sometimes in the bottom 3 and AI is trying to stop operations on that site.

Guest Princess Leena
That's probably why people high up on dialidol are sometimes in the bottom 3 and AI is trying to stop operations on that site.

That's not true.

If they actually wanted to give their hopeful winner more of an advantage (Chris, definitely... and maybe Taylor or Kati), they'd put them in the bottom 3 more often.

Am I the only one who thought that Rod Stewart sounded horrible throughout that performance?

Guest Princess Leena

Yes. I doubt anyone else is watching.

Have the eliminations started yet.

Yes. I doubt anyone else is watching.

Have the eliminations started yet.

No, they're doing this suicide bomber style with all of the bloodshed happening in less than 4 or 5 minutes.

Group 1

Elliott

Kellie

Katharine

Group 2

Chris

Paris

Ace

Taylor is left on the couch, and is safe.

I think Group 2 is the bottom 3.