TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Guest Princess Leena

I'm going to assume she sucked with that song. Bye, Kat. :(

Elliot and Taylor would be niche performers with limited market range, Katharine is all looks and is actually below Carrie. Carrie fit Country.

But what Niche is Elliot? With Taylor you can pretty much say who he appeals to, but I can't quite say who Elliot would appeal to. He's a RnB/Soulish kinda singer, but would that audience buy him? Katharine is a very good singer, but she needs more road experience to find out her proper range and what works best for her.

Chris is the most packagable name as he could easily carry a radio rock band without the AI name. The Chris Daughtery Band would be a big hit group.

Yeah, though I think name like "The Black Goldfish" or some generic rock name would probably be better.

Katharine could have SLAYED everyone if she stayed as good as she did during "Shall I stay, Would it be a sin, If I can’t help falling in love with you" verse. Watch the first few seconds of that performance and leave before she gets indulgent.

Ok. Katharine started off AMAZING being more downplayed and there was one particular line which just gave me goosebumps... then she decided to be Katharine.

Simon was spot-on. And now I want some Apple Pie.

I think she was more like Celine Dion without the freakish arm gestures or facial contortions.

Dialidol has Chris in last place and I really hope that holds up. I like Chris, but I don't think he is what an AI winner should be. I've wanted for weeks now for the final 3 to be Taylor, Elliot, and Kat. Kat should go based on the performances from last night, but I'm hoping it's Chris.

If Chris goes home, this season's winner will be dwarfed by him in sales in the future. Neither Taylor, Kat nor Elliott has the sales potential that Chris does, even though all 4 definitely have talent.

Guest Princess Leena

I think Taylor could fine for a few months. There's the novelty of seeing the guy live.

But, yeah, Chris has the most potential to breakout.

And Taylor is winning.

I just don't dig Chris's voice...not even for a radio rock band...not even for Fall Out Boy or Simple Plan.

I wonder if that would disqualify them as CanCon? Because if it means I hear less of one of those groups, I'm all for it.

Chris wouldn't be in a Fall Out Boy/Simple Plan band, that's emo. Chris would go into the Shinedown/Fuel/Creed bracket of rock music and probably enjoy success beyond any of the other 3 players left.

It'd be better for AI to have two success stories come out of AI5.

American Idol 1 only has Kelly, AM2 had a modest success in Ruben but Clay had a slightly more profitable run, AM3 was a bomb as far as getting success as Fantasia disappeared, AM4 has Carrie doing solid and Bo has finally come around and he's doing decent as well (and I still think he'll end up with longer success then Carrie).

So if they can get Elliot to win (I think Elliot has a longer hold then Taylor would), you can get two "winners" out of one season.

I actually expect Katharine to go into acting, probably on soap operas by 2-3 years.

Chris wouldn't be in a Fall Out Boy/Simple Plan band, that's emo. Chris would go into the Shinedown/Fuel/Creed bracket of rock music and probably enjoy success beyond any of the other 3 players left.

I figured that Chris was somewhere in between emo and rock. Shows what I know about music. Or at least subgenres of music.

I actually expect Katharine to go into acting, probably on soap operas by 2-3 years.

Acting sure. But we want to see Kat nekkid. Why? Because we're guys. And one gal.

Guest Princess Leena

Chris sounds damn near exactly like the guy from Shinedown. Too bad his voice was dead when he sang them lol. He's be fine in something like that. Although, I don't know how the AI stigma will expect him in that genre...

And Hawk is probably right about Kat doing soap operas... ugh. She just has the perfect look for an All my Children. And can dress up like an old lady, like she loves to do.

Chris sounds damn near exactly like the guy from Shinedown. Too bad his voice was dead when he sang them lol. He's be fine in something like that. Although, I don't know how the AI stigma will expect him in that genre...

And Hawk is probably right about Kat doing soap operas... ugh. She just has the perfect look for an All my Children. And can dress up like an old lady, like she loves to do.

No, if Katherine doesn't win this thing (which she won't, she's going home tonight, mark it.) she'll be doing Broadway quite soon.

Guest Princess Leena

Probably. But, isn't being on national TV a better option?

Probably. But, isn't being on national TV a better option?

Eh, depends on what you want to do with your life. I'd argue that doing Broadway musicals would be much more benificial to generate a long term career in the entertainment industry than TV appearances. You'd get real training in singing and acting, plus if you got a lead role in one of the major ones it would be some pretty major exposure. And someone like Katherine could easily get a big role in a major musical. She's definately got talent, maybe not as much as a seasoned pro, but she's in the final 4 of American Idol, a show that gets like 30 million viewers a week. Any producer would jump to get someone with that exposure. I've read that a lot of AI rejects have made their way to Broadway too.

Man, I all ready to accept that Kath was out of my life. I guess this is for the best for all the reasons I said earlier. I just thought he'd survive this week.