TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Guest Princess Leena

Yay.

One song for Kat to gyrate a lot and bounce bounce. And the boring love song, where she'll just stare at the camera, do the winking thing a few times, and probably mess up a few notes. Boo. Kat needs to have fun.

Although, she should maybe save the bounce bounce for next week, where she'd need to bust out the kitchen sink to get past Taylor/Chris.

Interesting song choices tonight.

My mother commented this morning - or was it last night? - that, out of all of them, Taylor has remained the most consistent. He hasn't gone, now these are her words, "all weird". I asked if any the others had, and she said a few of them. Instantly came to mind was Kellie gyrating around the stage like a slutty rocker.

Taylor's "Jail House Rock" should be fun indeed.

She thinks the final two will be Chris and Taylor.

Chris is going to slay with Suspicious Minds, but Taylor could steal the show with Jail House Rock. I can't see either guy going home if the perform those two songs as good as I think they can. "Falling in Love with You" is a trump card song, but I can see Katharine mis-playing it (though I can almost as easily see her hitting it out of the park - it's one of those songs, and McPhee is one of those performers) which means Poor Elliot is going to have to really step it up tonight and hope his streak of progressively better performances is intact and maybe then some.

Guest Princess Leena

It doesn't matter what Chris and Taylor do.

McBoobies just needs to not fuck up again this week, and Elliott is probably gone.

Yeah, Elliot fucking kicked it on that one. A combination of one of his best performances as well as Seacrest dropping the "underdog" line, could help him be the spoiler for one of the other three.

Chris was about 90% of what I thought it would be. I thought he was a lil too mellow on it, though. Taylor was -50%. Elliot, as always, exceeded expectations.

Once more Katherine is reaching for notes she CAN'T DO. It sounds like a really bad audition...or as Simon better say 'bad kareoke'. It's just...terrible. Squeaky, overdone, all around ew.

Guest Princess Leena

Ugh.

Did she do the falling in love song first? I knew she'd suck with that one.

Poor guy's gonna give himself larengitis trying to sing over these OVERLY LOUD instrumentals. Which will be fine, since he's hopefully going home next.

Elliot is totally out-working everyone in this competition.

The director of this show makes me laff with the quick cuts of the drummer and Elliot.

I don't know how to package Elliot Yamin. Good fucking luck to AI if that dude ends up taking it.

EDIT: ok, I still don't know how to position Elliot in the music industry, but I will say, where ever Robert Palmer was, Elliot should be there too.

Guest Princess Leena

With Elliott doing great, my loves is probably leaving. Oh well.

Elliot is totally out-working everyone in this competition.

The director of this show makes me laff with the quick cuts of the drummer and Elliot.

I don't know how to package Elliot Yamin. Good fucking luck to AI if that dude ends up taking it.

EDIT: ok, I still don't know how to position Elliot in the music industry, but I will say, where ever Robert Palmer was, Elliot should be there too.

Elliot and Taylor would be niche performers with limited market range, Katharine is all looks and is actually below Carrie. Carrie fit Country.

Chris is the most packagable name as he could easily carry a radio rock band without the AI name. The Chris Daughtery Band would be a big hit group.