TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

RAW and AM RAW ratings

Raw scored a 4.0 cable rating, off of hours of 3.9 and 4.0. This is down from the 4.5's they had been doing.

AM Raw scored a 1.0 this past Saturday. This is the first time that the show has scored that high, as they had been averaging a 0.6. The rise is thought to be because of Raw airing on Thursday this week, and that rating was down from the normal Monday Rating.

Credit: PWInsider.com

So AM RAW last week beat TNA Impact and almost matched its best rating ever. Not too shabby. RAW still in the 4.0s, let's see what happens on the final weeks leading to Mania.

Guest Fook

I think the 0.5 drop is due to Raw being shown on Thursday instead of its usual Monday slot. Enough people have something else they'd rather watch on Thursday.

If Raw next week is still at 4.0, then there's a problem.

I think the 0.5 drop is due to Raw being shown on Thursday instead of its usual Monday slot. Enough people have something else they'd rather watch on Thursday.

If Raw next week is still at 4.0, then there's a problem.

The rating is for this past Monday. The Thursday rating was 3.3.

Isn't AM RAW like a highlight show of RAW. So the high rating for AM RAW kinda explains the .5 drop for RAW because some people just didn't watch it live but watched the replay/highlights. So no need to worry. In fact, I think Vince should be laughing his ass off because a lousy show like AM RAW is beating TNA's main show in the ratings.

Impact is a show on Sat nights and that is being compared to a show late mornings on Sat? Core demo of fans of wrestling are generally out on Sat night. Yet the AM RAW show is mostly seen by by the younger fanbase of the WWE.

How in the hell could one comapre the two. When Impact goes to Thursday at primetime, THEN you can compare the two shows. Until then, why bother. 1 more thing, TNA and the WWE aren't rivals yet. Its like saying in 1999 that ECW was going neck and neck with the shotgun ratings. Big fucking deal.

Impact is a show on Sat nights and that is being compared to a show late mornings on Sat? Core demo of fans of wrestling are generally out on Sat night. Yet the AM RAW show is mostly seen by by the younger fanbase of the WWE.

How in the hell could one comapre the two. When Impact goes to Thursday at primetime, THEN you can compare the two shows. Until then, why bother. 1 more thing, TNA and the WWE aren't rivals yet. Its like saying in 1999 that ECW was going neck and neck with the shotgun ratings. Big fucking deal.

TNA ratings have been compared to WWE B-shows like Velocity and AM RAW since Impact started on Spike TV, I don't know why you sound so surprised or upset even. And are you actually saying that a saturday morning wrestling show has more potential audience than a late night saturday show?

And didn't TNA already air a show on Thursday night that ended with a 0.8 rating? I'm not saying that's what the show'll do when it airs regularly there, just asking. It may've been a wednesday or a tuesday even.

Isn't AM RAW like a highlight show of RAW. So the high rating for AM RAW kinda explains the .5 drop for RAW because some people just didn't watch it live but watched the replay/highlights. So no need to worry.

Damn your appropriate use of logical reasoning.

Quote: "WM XXI was one of the highest buyrated PPVs of all-time."

Was it? Because it sure was a shitty show with no nostalgia and I remember reading its live gate sucked ass compared to other recent WMs. If it made money on purchases, then the ridiculous $50 price tag had a lot to do with it.

Quote: "WM XXI was one of the highest buyrated PPVs of all-time."

Was it? Because it sure was a shitty show with no nostalgia and I remember reading its live gate sucked ass compared to other recent WMs. If it made money on purchases, then the ridiculous $50 price tag had a lot to do with it.

Did the Wrestlemania 21 buyrate take into account international purchases? If so then it was likely to get a boost from the UK market because it was the first time we had to pay for a Wrestlemania.

Yes, the WM21 buyrate includes international purchases. WM20 did better domestically, but WM21 was available to more countries and I think did more overall buys.

International buys are what is keeping WWE business at a profitable level. Domestically, the shows buyrates are down, but since the PPV's became available overseas in more markets, business looks strong. Domestically, wrestling as a whole is not very strong. International business is the big reason WWE is still very profitable. It's just smart business at work.