TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops 2/27/2006 - 03/12/2006

Oh man, amazingly terrible rap song on ESPN about March Madness, that actually references "bracketology" and "fillin' in yo' bracket." Repeatedly. Hahahaha. That ESPN, always with a finger on the pulse of six years ago.

Ok, for all of those who said, "SCHEDULE MEANS SOMETHING", well one team in the tournament is saying "Not really, no"

UTAH STATE AGGIES

23-8

Non-conference opponents, talk about powerhouses!

Oral Roberts W 72-67 (21-11, in tournament with auto bid)

Middle Tenn. St. L 59-60 (16-12)

Lewis & Clark W 102-65 (COME THE HELL ON!)

Utah L 66-67 (14-14, dominate team there)

Middle Tenn. St. W 79-61 (16-12, say...wait a minute...)

at Weber St. W 69-60 (10-17)

Oral Roberts W 65-64 (that's twice!)

BYU W 91-80 (20-8, hey a good team!)

AR Little Rock W 76-44 (14-15)

Binghamton W 81-47 (16-13)

Now how in the HELL does this team belong in and SWMS belong out?

Apparently a win over Nevada means a lot to the selection group.

I think SDSU will make it to the sweet sixteen as an 11 seed...other than that I think mostly 1's through 6's will be winning

I think GW could make the Elite 8 if Pops is back by then, and that Xavier will be the lowest seed to make a 1st round upset.

Nantz and Packer both battling for the BIGGEST DOUCHE OF THE YEAR award.

Wow...Nantz and Packer need to get fucking smacked!

Don't these guys get it?! Getting in the Tournament is not about Previous Tournament performance!!! It's about your season!!!!

One thing I can say is none of these selections of the bubble teams make any sense. But seriously, who from the power conferences did they think deserved in? Maryland? Florida State? I'm a Florida St fan and even I admitted freely that the Noles needed 20 wins to get in.

I just have no idea where Air Force and Utah State came from. Their non-conference schedules were shit so bad they made Florida State's weak schedule look overwelhming.

Oh no, I have to agree. Some of these teams do not deserve to be here....Utah State, Air Force?!?!? Utah State didn't play ANYONE and Air Force = What? That's all I have to say, for now.

But Nantz and Packer are just throwing numbers out there, and don't realize that Power Conferences STILL Got 26 Fucking Bids, and they're arguing for ALL 34 to go to them, using stats that mean nothing in the selection process. Not to mention that they're arguing for a caste system for the tournament, screw trying to move up. That's what gets me angry.

SWEET, Dickie V got back JUST after Duke's bracket is done.

Yay, no need to listen to him talk about Duke.

Right now, who do you think is the lowest seed to team to go the longest?

I will continue to insist that X beats 'Zaga

I'll go you one further. Winthrop. If they play the way they played in the Big South Game, and Tennessee is still stuck in SEC Tournament mode, they can lose.

And X can beat the Zags.

GW has the horses to beat Duke. If Pops plays...Pray for Sheldon.

Right now, who do you think is the lowest seed to team to go the longest?

I will continue to insist that X beats 'Zaga

I can see how that would be the trendy pick, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I actually like Seton Hall. They're toughened up by the Big East schedule, they've had a bunch of good wins, and they've got upperclassmen at the guard spots. Plus, I don't think much of their region. They could easily go on a tear.

Yack, X is already getting that popular "this will be the upset special" pick which means they will not do that.

I picked the Zags to choke as soon as the match up was shown. If Adam doesn't score 30 they can't win in the NCAA tourney.

I can't wait for UConn to lose so all of the analysts can scratch their heads and wonder why the so called "lock" didn't live up to expectations.

My thing is this. You cannot argue "non-conference schedule matters" and then let in Air Force and Utah State. You can't do it.

But just to be fair, I'll bring up the Air Force schedule and break it down as well. Maybe I'm missing something cause I damn sure am not missing something with Utah St.

But Nantz and Packer are just throwing numbers out there, and don't realize that Power Conferences STILL Got 26 Fucking Bids, and they're arguing for ALL 34 to go to them, using stats that mean nothing in the selection process. Not to mention that they're arguing for a caste system for the tournament, screw trying to move up. That's what gets me angry.

You know, when I said that's what he thought during the Big 10 title game, I was mostly kidding.

Packer has now become the man I most want to see removed from television.

Ugh, I went through the brackets. Filled it out and looked back and instantly went... "No. No. No."

I hate this entire bracket. One is too easy, another is ripe with upset specials all over it... It's gonna be an ugly fun tournament.

I really hate the Atlanta bracket. I really don't think ANY of those teams are worthy final four teams or have enough to do it.

Alright, the other "where the hell did they come from?" bubble team.

AIR FORCE FALCONS

24-6

at Northern Arizona W 62-49 (21-10, lost conference final to Montana)

Miami (FL) W 57-53 (16-15)

at Washington L 74-85 (24-6, no argument with this one)

Colorado-Colorado Springs 77-45 (yep, that's power right there)

Western St. W 66-44 (WOW! Loading the schedule with quality)

at Navy W 64-55 ( 10-18, gotta just loves teams using Godsmack songs)

AR Pine Bluff W 63-44 (13-16)

at Texas Pan Amer. W 81-68 (7-24, christ almighty)

Northern Colorado W 73-48 (5-24, strength of schedule shining through)

St. Mary's W 63-51 (17-12)

Lamar W 73-50 (17-14)

Georgia Tech W 54-46 (11-17, but they were awesome once!)

IPFW W 77-42 (10-18)

What they should really say is this.

If you wanna schedule miserably pathetic opponents, make sure you finish with 20 plus wins. Then we'll excuse the crap all over your schedule.

Air Force, I agree on. It's going to be a "What" Team for years. The only defense for Air-Force....they were in the 8th Best Conference by the numbers.

Utah State....I'm well....shocked....but you'll be surprised by this number. I just took a gander at their OOC Strength of Schedule....And it's a big fat

Now....forget these teams names, cause that'll cloud your thinking. Think about the number. That's one of the reasons why they got it. Is it everything? No, but it explains a lot. Utah State got lucky to be blessed with that number.

I love Vitale's Boston College ass-kissing of how they're a Final Four contender, nevermind the fact that they've never gotten out of the first weekend of the NCAAs under Skinner.

A Nova-Georgetown Elite Eight matchup would fucking rock.

Utah State....I'm well....shocked....but you'll be surprised by this number. I just took a gander at their OOC Strength of Schedule....And it's a big fat

Ok, how the HELL did they even GET that number?!?!

They played two non-conference teams TWICE! TWICE for christ sake and they get a SOS of 66?!?!

It's official. Even the SOS in College basketball is full of shit.

If.......IF OU somehow wins in the first round then they will take a second round exit to Florida.

Hell no, outside of the 2000 run, Florida has always underachieved in the NCAAs. I'm thinking OU can get to the Sweet 16.

If any of you are interested I setup a league for us on ESPN.

League Name: TheSmartMarks

Password: NCAA

That should be all you need to join.

If any of you are interested I setup a league for us on ESPN.

League Name: TheSmartMarks

Password: NCAA

That should be all you need to join.

Ugh. ESPN blows. We already set up a Yahoo one anyways.

Well we'll see if my one year as a college basketball student manager improves my ability to predict games, here are some quick picks:

Sweet 16: Duke, Syracuse, Iowa, California

Memphis, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, UCLA

UConn, Illinois, Michigan State, Seton Hall

Villanova, Boston College, Florida, Ohio St.

Duke will beat Pittsburgh

UConn will beat Boston College

UConn will beat Duke

Well we'll see if my one year as a college basketball student manager improves my ability to predict games, here are some quick picks:

Sweet 16: Duke, Syracuse, Iowa, California

Memphis, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, UCLA

UConn, Illinois, Michigan State, Seton Hall

Villanova, Boston College, Florida, Ohio St.

Duke will beat Pittsburgh

UConn will beat Boston College

UConn will beat Duke

Nope, your one year doesn't help. :lol:

Guest Princess Leena
Nantz and Packer both battling for the BIGGEST DOUCHE OF THE YEAR award.

Damn, they plain cut him the fuck off. Wow, Nantz just is acting like a major league pissed asshole.

Definitely.

That was extremely embarassing for CBS. They cut the guy off, and it wasn't accidental, it was 100% rude. Nantz asks a stupid question about how the major conferences did well in the tourney before... committee guy nicely says past performance and conference affiliation means nothing in selecting teams. Then, Packer asks the same question, but with even more stupid drivel like the ACC has had more teams in the Sweet 16 than the MVC and Colonial...

Those two douches have successfully been put on the mute list forever.