TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

Tony Atlas' HOF induction.

Hey, maybe Im blowing this way out of hand, but I think that The Rocks father Rocky Johnson, should already be in the WWE HOF. Now its comfirmed by PWinsider, that Tony Atlas is going to be inducted this year. Its well know that although they were tag team champions, Atlas and Johnson disliked each other outside the ring and now the former Saba Simba is going into the HOF before the Rocks daddy.

Is this an "f-u" to the Rock, Or does Atlas deserve to go in this year and the elder Johnson not?

Just a thought.

Hey, maybe Im blowing this way out of hand, but I think that The Rocks father Rocky Johnson, should already be in the WWE HOF. Now its comfirmed by PWinsider, that Tony Atlas is going to be inducted this year. Its well know that although they were tag team champions, Atlas and Johnson disliked each other outside the ring and now the former Saba Simba is going into the HOF before the Rocks daddy.

Is this an "f-u" to the Rock, Or does Atlas deserve to go in this year and the elder Johnson not?

Just a thought.

For some reason I thought that Rocky Johnson had been inducted years ago but I guess not. Tony Atlas had a longer history with the McMahon family. I believe Rocky just had that one stint from maybe '83-'84. Tony was there in the early 80's and later for the Saba Simba run.

Honestly, nobody would know who Rocky Johnson ever was if it wasn't for the fact that he was The Rock's father. Tony Atlas was a much bigger name than Johnson ever was.

Also to add on with the previous poster, I remember sometime in 1998 or 1999 he got in trouble for playing strip poker with some underage (14-15ish) girls.

Why would WWE want to put the proverbial slap in Rock's face anyways? Rock still speaks glowingly about them when asked about wrestling in his interviews. The only negative thing I've ever heard out of Rock recently was when WWE.Com asked him about a potential match with Shawn Michaels.

Guest JustPassinBy

Is this current non-participation streak The Rock is in his longest? I'm beginning to think he's gone for good.

If Rock gets one 'dramatic' role that he plays well, he'll capitalize on that and that will be the end.

Guest Fook
Is this current non-participation streak The Rock is in his longest? I'm beginning to think he's gone for good.

If Rock gets one 'dramatic' role that he plays well, he'll capitalize on that and that will be the end.

Beginning to think?

Dude, he's no longer under contract. He's free to do what he wants without Vince's approval and he's obviously chosen to not go back to the WWE. And I don't blame him.

Who the hell's Ricky Johnson?

wasn't he one of the guys dressed like a giant penis in early TNA?

No, I think he's the love child of Ricky Steamboat and Ahmed Johnson; a distant cousin of Shawn Mickles.

Guest Brian
Did you see their touring schedule?

Fri, Sat in Phillipenes, Sun "off" and Mon in DC?

That's worth no amount of cash.

Are they going back to the east coast? Because from here to the Philippines is 18 hours alone (and a fourteen hour adjustment of time).

Atlas going in isn't so much a slap in the face of Rocky Johnson so much as a slap in the face of the institution being called a Hall of Fame.

When you put in guys like Atlas, the HOF starts to descend into Hall of Mediocre acts no one remembers. The most memorable things I can think of when the name Tony Atlas comes up are 1) How pathetic he looked during the MTV True Life documentary and 2) Saba Simba. The less said about that disaster of a gimmick, the better.

Atlas going in isn't so much a slap in the face of Rocky Johnson so much as a slap in the face of the institution being called a Hall of Fame.

When you put in guys like Atlas, the HOF starts to descend into Hall of Mediocre acts no one remembers. The most memorable things I can think of when the name Tony Atlas comes up are 1) How pathetic he looked during the MTV True Life documentary and 2) Saba Simba. The less said about that disaster of a gimmick, the better.

And you think this is a true legitimate HOF why? Pete Rose is in, only because Vince wanted to give a FU to Cooperstown. I mean 3 apperances in WMs as a non-competitor celeb consititues "inshrinement?" Bob Ueker at least did some commentary in his WM apperances, why not put him in?

Guest Super Leather

Isn't Tony Atlas technically in the HOF already? I was watching Bret-Austin from WM13 last night, and I'm pretty sure that's Atlas in the front row with Lou Albano and other '97 HOFers.

Pete Rose being tombstoned at WrestleMania 14 was on like *every* news station by 11 pm. Minutes after WM 14 ended.

John Cena, Triple H, Batista, Orton, etc. could never generate that publicity for WWE.

That's why I have no problem with him being in the celebrity wing of the HOF.