TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

I'd like to know what the hell Hitch is thinking with some of his line combinations and try to correct that before I blow up the team.

There is no excuse for Brian Savage being on a Forsberg line, there is no excuse for Mike Richards centering a line between Radiojovevic and Brashear when he has been arguably their most consistent forward all year, there is no excuse for continuing to run Savage, Brashear and Turner Stevenson out there period.

In the little bit they have worked together, Richards and Knuble seem to have some chemistry. Since that is the case they need to break up the Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble line to try to make a second scoring line.

Run a team out there of:

Gagne-Forsberg-Carter

Knuble-Richards-Acquired forward

Kapanen-Handzus-Umberger

Radio-Nedved-Stevenson (this line gets two minutes a night)

And if they make a move it better be for someone like Jokinen who can make things happen. The last thing they need to do is trade for another slow, plodding power forward who can't create anything for himself.

Huge game for the Leafs tonight. In Buffalo, where they've lost 11 of their last 14. They're simply going to lose to Ottawa tomorrow night, and I'll get on my knees for every poster in this thread if I'm wrong. Thus, a loss tonight, and it's an "Everything Must Go" next week. A win, and there's hope, although the Bolts-Habs tomorrow evening could kinda shoot them in the foot.

The Kings have jumped in the Luongo sweepstakes as per the LA Times. Shit, he's too expensive, but the Kings become a contender instantly.

Honestly, I don't even remember who's starting in L.A....Is it still Cechmanek?

If so, I don't see why he can't pull the load. I mean, he has won world championships and Czech league titles.

I blame Bobby Clarke.

And the nail may be in the coffin for the Leafs.

Garon, who Montreal gave us, would be part of any deal that goes Florida's way. That's the only way anyone gets Luongo, is if they give their starter and a lot more.

Also, the Vancouver game was fun, but gay because their comeback didn't help the Kings, Minnesota's done, Toronto's done, and San Jose got hurt bad.

I thought LaFontaine's ceremony was a bit sappy, it had nothing on Francis or Stevens.

Guest Princess Leena
Huge game for the Leafs tonight. In Buffalo, where they've lost 11 of their last 14. They're simply going to lose to Ottawa tomorrow night, and I'll get on my knees for every poster in this thread if I'm wrong. Thus, a loss tonight, and it's an "Everything Must Go" next week. A win, and there's hope, although the Bolts-Habs tomorrow evening could kinda shoot them in the foot.

Buffalo 6, Toronto 2.

No matter if the Sabres are having a good or bad season, you can always count of them beating those shitty Leafs.

As many casual fans in the nhl already know, Edmonton needs a #1 goalie. However, other casual fans may not know the upcoming greatness of Ales Hemsky. Kevin Lowe needs to sign this guy to a long term contract andI really don't care what he gives up to have this happen. Ales is greatness waiting to happen. Jagr has already professed his love for the guy and i'd hate to see him wind up in New York.

I like Ales a lot, and I'm positive that the Oil will get CuJo. Whether he has enough in the tank is anyone's guess. With a sniper on his line, Hemsky would be out of this world.

Esposito talked about the Luongo thing on XM this morning, which leads me to believe that it's almost a sure thing.

There's all kinds of good defence in Oil-town right now, though how they'll react in the playoffs, especially in the later rounds is anyone's guess.

I'd love to see Cujo in Edmonton again.

I just looked it up and including the playoffs, Henrik played about 60 games the last two years in the Swedish Elite Leagues, where he was absolutley amazing in both playoffs. Hes played 40 games this year, plus the 5 or so in the Olympics, around 45. So theres about 23 games left, 22 because Weekes is starting tonight. I'd say Weekes is going to get 5 or so of those last 20 + games, so he'll be around sixty by the start of the playoffs. I honestly do't see him getting worn out.

Watching the Devils is why so many people think hockey is boring. Fuck them and their stupid trap. I know it works but its so god damn boring.

edit: even Emrick thinks its boring.

They haven't been doing it that much until recently, and only because they don't have Elias.

God do these Devils announcers piss me off. They praise Broduer like hes god or something even though he hasn't done shit with this stupid trap protecting him.

Leafs now have one foot in the gutter, one in the grave.

But the Thrashers are still in the hunt, four back of eighth, six back of seventh and seven back of 6th. Enter them in the Luongo and McCave sweepstakes.

But Atlanta doesn't have anything to give for either, and they are the one team that should never trade for a goalie. Guys on the Sat. Hotstove said Belfour's probably headed to Edmonton if everything falters.

It's already a given where Luongo goes, if he goes at all, since both DT and Keenan have talked about it in the media.

Lindros is officially done for the season. His wrist was bothering him again, so he came out of the game and now he is going to have surgery on it.

Just as I figured.

Basically dumping and chasing with one foward and leaving everyone back to play D. There are other complicated defenitions, but thats basically it. 100% d no offense.

Everyone stands at the blueline, daring you to try to bring the puck through. That's why Brodeur and Turco are so valuable as puckhandlers. People think Calgary runs the trap, but it's a massive forechecking system, which is why guys like Reinprecht don't stick around for often.

My prediction for the Cup final is Red Wings-Sabres or Flyers. Thought I should let you guys know that before it happens.

Guest Princess Leena

Sabres come back to beat Boston.

Only 4 points behind Ottawa, now.

Catch them.

My prediction for the Cup final is Red Wings-Sabres or Flyers. Thought I should let you guys know that before it happens.

Given the way they have played since the AS break, I'd be happy to see the Flyers in the Conference Semis. I am going to have to file a missing persons report for the step that Pitkanen seems to have lost (if his groin is still bothering him, this year is a wash for him with the condensed schedule remaining it won't heal). It was last seen at a restaurant with the three steps Eric Desjardins has lost since coming back from the shoulder injury.

I think Niittymaki can carry them for a while, but it's going to come down to the Flyers draw. They've gotta get a little help, and I think it's a good thing that Pitkanen's not playing well yet. Might as well save him for the playoffs.

Ottawa's not this almighty team, they don't have enough secondary scoring unless they can get a deal done. They probably should move Spezza down a line and bring Fisher up one. Hasek's health is also a big concern, and they aren't dealing for a goalie.

It'll be a great playoff in the East this year.

New Jersey might be the favourite, with several green teams for the dance, and the others with experience arent playing that well.

Kipper with his Flames record 7th shutout of the season, 2-0. Awful weekend for the smi-surging Sharks, two losses with the playoffs near.

Guest Rrrsh

A question to all Leaf Fans.

Now that u guys are pretty much fucked, and look to have no intention in signing McCabe, what could the Canucks give u for McCabe to make you happy?

I'm sure Toronto would love a good player, but would probably end up getting Matt Cooke.

And Higgins scored twice again for Montreal and pounding the Lightning 6-2.

There is something wrong about this:

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/03/262546.html

I think about all the great goaltenders before and during his career but I can't believe that no one else accomplished this feat.

between injuries, sharing goaltending duties, losing seasons, ect it isn't tough to believe that no one else has done this. there's also been more games in a season over the past 10 years that in the early days. that said, i'll say brodeur may retire the greatest goaltender ever.

Was anyone else disgusted with how the Lightning played that game? It's like having an entire team full of Matthew Barnabys.