TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

SportsNet is saying Theodore for Aebischer.

Patrick Roy better come out of retirement. That was the first thing I was thinking when I saw this. I think Abby is a more consistent goalie than Theodore. I think the Habs got the better deal.

Let's say that the Avs aren't able to get Luongo. Can they make the playoffs on the shoulders of PETER BUDAJ? Nah, no way, they'd slide out and the Ducks would slide in.

Coming from someone who saw Huet down the stretch last season, trust me, you do not want him to be your #1. With Theo's cap number, Gainey did the right thing.

Agreed. They are probably going to try and lock in a few more players (Ryder, Zednik, Higgins, Markov) or trying to bring a good defencemen in.

Personally I'm 50-50 for it. I mean he has let in some shady goals, but for what he did with Montreal in the last few seasons, he did all he could have did for what defence (or lack their of).

Its funny that it was just over ten years ago that Montreal traded Roy and Mike Keane for Joceylin Thiabult, Martin Rucinsky, and Andrei Kovalenko.

Also, Mariusz Czerkawksi was waived by Toronto and subsequently claimed by Boston.
Good thinking, B's. Just what the team needed, another 4th liner.

Could someone at least confirm that he's a UFA at the end of the year, so this isn't additional salary for next year?

Correct. UFA next year.

Probably the Isles will pick him up for a third time around, score 25 goals, ask too much and go somewhere else again.

rb51, thanks for the info on Czerkawski's FA status.

I fully admit that I'm a cynic & a pessimist, but I just don't see things getting much better next year for the Bruins. They'll have a decent core to build around (the Boyes/Bergeron/Sturm line, and Murray is a great start to a 2nd line, if they can pick up a pass-first Center) ... but I just have no faith in the front office or Sullivan to put together, or utilize, a decent team.

Brad Lukowich (D) to New Jersey, from NY Islanders, for a 3rd round draft pick.

Todd Simpson (D) to Montreal, from Chicago, for 6th round draft pick.

Sean Brown (D) to Vancouver, from NJ, for 4th pick.

Rico Fata (F, waived by Atlanta) claimed by Washington.

Mike Morisson (G, waived by Edmonton) claimed by Ottawa.

Denis Gauthier (D) to Philadephia, from Phoenix, for Josh Gratton (F) and two 2nd round draft picks.

Sean O'Donnell (D) to Anaheim, from Phoenix, for Joel Perreault (F).

Mika Noronen (G) to Vancouver, from Buffalo, for a 2nd round draft pick.

Jeff Friesen (F) to Anaheim, from Washington, for a 2nd draft pick.

So I guess Luongo is not going anywhere, or Colorado is going to get ready and try to get Luongo.

Todd Simpson????

Ugh...

Now all the good stuff is gonna happen, like Witt and Arnason. That's irony with Recchi though, a Penguin in Orpik puts Cole out for the season which causes Carolina to trade with Pittsburgh for Recchi. Cool.

Thats just as bad when Roy was dealt to the Avs in 95. The year before the trade would never happen because Montrealers would have rioted the street.

That's why Burke really confuses me. He gets ODonnell and Friesen to make it seem like he's making a run for the playoffs, then he trades one of his best defensemen. Weird.

Ozolinsh is a Ranger. I guess Burke had this feeling of, I think we can make a run at it, and then an hour later he thought, oh shit, we don't have enough.

Vancouver got a good goalie for a second round pick.

If he could have stayed injury free...he had won the starting job from Biron twice in the last few seasons.

Then he gets hurt the next game...

But he is a talented guy.

Witt to Nashville. They look real good.

The Noronen deal was probably the best that any GM's made so far.

WOW, Detroit just traded a 4th round pick for Cory Cross. That's awful.

Steve McCarthy to Atlanta from Vancouver.

Samsonov to Edmonton warrants a new post, and Arnason is now a Senator and Chicago gets Bochenski in that.

I'm impressed with the Samsonov deal (depending on what they traded to get him), even though he's having an off year. They'd better hope that Sergei regains his form, though, because he hasn't hit 70 points since 2002.

Arnason's a Senator, heading there for Brandon Bochenski.

The fact that it's Sergei for TBA means it's either a really good prospect or a bucket of pucks. With MOC's track record, I'm leading towards the latter.

And Samsonov is going to be a FA in the offseason and ask for a ton of money, I think ... Edmonton might just be renting him rather than planning on keeping him long term.

I was hearing numerous rumors of any combination the three headed monster Torres/Stoll/Staios for Raycroft for a while. I'd expect one or two of those players to be coming to the Bruins.

Niko Dimitrakos is a Flyer, and the player in the Sergei deal is more than likely MA Bergeron.

Jim Dowd, a great faceoff guy, is an Av.

Willie Mitchell is a Star. Dammit. The Stars gave up a 2nd and prospect.

Niko Dimitrakos is a Flyer, and the player in the Sergei deal is more than likely MA Bergeron.

Jim Dowd, a great faceoff guy, is an Av.

Willie Mitchell is a Star. Dammit. The Stars gave up a 2nd and prospect.

It's actually Mitchell and a 2nd for Skoula and Belle.

Oh yeah, oops. And the Boston deal is Reasoner + draft pick + non roster player for Samsonov. Weinrich is a Canuck.

Skoula brings puck poise. That's it. Wild got hosed.

Jamie Lundmark to Calgary and it's getting fun.

Oleg Kvasha's a Coyote. So now all the Isles have to show from the Luongo and Jokinen deal is Tambellini, Grebeshkov and whatever they got from Phoenix. That's bad. I forget if the pick that got DiPietro was a part of that.