TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

There is something wrong about this:

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/03/262546.html

I think about all the great goaltenders before and during his career but I can't believe that no one else accomplished this feat.

between injuries, sharing goaltending duties, losing seasons, ect it isn't tough to believe that no one else has done this. there's also been more games in a season over the past 10 years that in the early days. that said, i'll say brodeur may retire the greatest goaltender ever.

I think Roy would have acheived it if ther was no strike involved in 95.

I'm going to disagree with that statement.

It would have taken Roy 76 games to reach thirty wins that season with the pace that he was on. His personal best was a 68 game season.

Is there a possibility that it could have happened? Sure. But it's not like he was at 25 wins or something, he was 17-20-6 in 43 games on a non-playoff team.

Who knows though. With the team struggling as it was, maybe he would have pulled his pouty act that year and got himself dealt anyways.

Whoops. Forgot that was shitty season for Montreal that year. No wonder I was so excited for a strike that year.

*grumbles.

a shitty team > no hockey. What do the Leafs have that Vancouver needs, rrsh? Is Belfour heading out West that unfathombale?

Belfour should just retire and let Telqvist take the load.

Of course the Toronto Sun will like that, except for Steve Simmons, who pratically hates everything Toronto does, but loves in the same way.

Brooks Orpik is one dirty son of a bitch.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157284&hubname=

Erik Cole broke his neck, so I think we can count Carolina out now.

They hope to have him back by the playoffs. He is a major loss for the team, but hardly a crippling loss. When the Hurricanes lost Eric Staal for a stretch of games earlier this season, other players stepped up and they were able to win without him. I expect them to do the same with Erik Cole out of the lineup.

Sorry, any serious neck injury should be treated with caution. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the rest of the season.

Belfour should just retire and let Telqvist take the load.

Of course the Toronto Sun will like that, except for Steve Simmons, who pratically hates everything Toronto does, but loves in the same way.

Reading the Sun is like watching Vince McMahon make a decision....six or seven different sides of the coin simultaneously.

Who's gonna win the Northwest? There's still realistically four teams who can win, and Minnesota won't win, but certainly isn't out of the playoff hunt.

Calgary.

The way Montreal is playing right now, and the way Tampa is playing, Montreal should easily move to seventh and maybe sixth by the end of the week.

That being said, Montreal will get thumped by Toronto on Tuesday like 9-0 and the Toronto media would be like "WERE GOING TO THE CUP RORLRORL1290234R590234!!!!!231312903812"

^

Maybe Don Waddell was right. Toronto's selling on Thursday, and I just don't see Boston getting to the show regardless of what happens between now and 1500 on Thursday.

Leadership is valuable, or DT's worried that when the cap goes up that people are going to give large amounts of money to defensemen.

Leadership is valuable, or DT's worried that when the cap goes up that people are going to give large amounts of money to defensemen.

Well, now they are...

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Chara and Redden command upwards of $6-million now. McCabe will also want close to that.

Well, now they are...

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Chara and Redden command upwards of $6-million now. McCabe will also want close to that.

Two out of the three deserve it.

Guess who the odd man out is? On that note, the Toronto Star implied today that Belfour and TUCKER? :bonk: are on the block.

How appropriate, the smiley I just used referring to a trade was named "Bonk"

Two out of the three deserve it.

Guess who the odd man out is? On that note, the Toronto Star implied today that Belfour and TUCKER? :bonk: are on the block.

How appropriate, the smiley I just used referring to a trade was named "Bonk"

So nice it had to posted thrice.

I'd hate to see Tucker go, but you've got to give to get, and the Leafs need to rebuild. Tucker is awesome but he turns 31 in just over a week from now. Some good years left but still... If the Leafs are having a firesale, they'd better trade McCabe, too. He's only ever played great when paired with Kaberle, anyway.

And Brian Leetch.

Trade Tucker, I don't care, you can get something of value for him. I really like McCabe, but I can understand if they don't want to dedicate too much of their cap to him. Ship him off for a prospect and a draft pick while you still can.

Chara's getting a max deal this summer, I think that was determined before the Norstrom signing. Someone's gonna give it to him.

Come on, let's watch the Sun bashing

I'm pretty sure the CP book is non-existant to the writers of the Sun.

They don't use CP Style 100%, they have their own style for some things.

I should know, I proofread 3 weeks worth of stuff.

Poti, Strudwick and Pock all in the lineup is going to the well too many times. Terrible effort so far by the Rangers they look uninterested and awful.

I caught that during the first few minutes and changed the channel. In my mind, that's one of the worst things to watch.

Come on, let's watch the Sun bashing

I don't want to watch, I want to join in.

The Ottawa Sun is pretty good though. Bruce Garrioch and Chris Stevenson are probably the best sports writers in the city.

obNHL: Looks like the Olympic break did the Sens some good, even though they haven't exactly been tearing through the league's elite. Emery looks confident again, and that's vital. Well, that and the big line clicking again, which they are.