TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hadley

The Super pre-SNME Thread

This is the impression of someone who tuned into this for the first time in years after being a Attitude Era viewer

"Nothing has changed".

Of course I get what you're saying, and this is just sparking debate sort of, but seeing as how most people loved the Attitude Era, wouldn't that not really be a bad thing?

But anyways, most of my friends who no longer watch that used to, say it's because it has changed that they don't watch. And because there's no Austin, or Rock and stuff like that

So what's the count:

1 Bait and Switch

1 Handicap Match where only one man looks good

1 Long Comedy Segment that barely promoted a WM match.

1 Street Fight where the owner's son is allowed to look good against a 20 year veteran.

And yet still better than what I was expecting.

edit: Oh right:

1 needless retread of an ending we've seen dozens of times before.

Well don't forget..

1 decently built up WM women's storyline.

This is the impression of someone who tuned into this for the first time in years after being a Attitude Era viewer

"Nothing has changed".

Most of the people who quit watching once that era was over don't like change.

"Nothing has changed".

Most of the people who quit watching once that era was over don't like change.

On point. And this was a damn good show.

Someone at the Observer said about RAW a week or so ago: The show was planned and executed wonderfully, except that there's hardly anything worth watching on the show itself.That's how this show was. If Rock, Austin (98 version), HHH (99-01 version) and Foley (98-2000 version) were headlining this show, it would be awesome. But there just isn't enough star power to warrant a prime time slot. Mark Henry should NEVER get more than 5 minutes on ANY show, and tonight he got at least 10. Isn't that saying something?

The opening match was too short and had too many people to make the casual viewer take notice.

I'm sure people who don't follow the product every week are wondering what the hell the Boogeyman is, and most of them are laughing at it being another dumb wrestling idea.

They threw Austin out there as a way of saying, "Hey, remember THIS guy?" They did it at homecoming and it didn't work, and it won't work this time because, well, Austin ISN'T ON THE ROSTER. I'm shocked Hogan didn't make an appearance.

The women's match has a nice little storyline, but I bet half the people who tuned in are more shocked by the fact that there are WOMEN WRESTLERS.

All in all, based on what they have to work with, it was an ok show. Of course, 70% of it wasn't wrestling, which will piss off the net to no end. But--Vince obviously wants to reel in the average American who will think Booker T is a funny guy or something. I don't know. After the first match, which was presented beautifully, I didn't get excited about anything--and I've been watching for SEVENTEEN YEARS, non-stop.

I believe THIS show was more important than Homecoming, or WrestleMania. Normal people watched this show. It will be interesting to see how much the second hour drops tomorrow morning.

I don't think it will pull XFL numbers, but I bet we won't be seeing another SNME on NBC for a long, long time.

What a trainwreck of a show for the most part.

I actually enjoyed it....it is World Wrestling Entertainment....and they did that tonight...

I don't think it will pull XFL numbers, but I bet we won't be seeing another SNME on NBC for a long, long time.

I think they are guaranteed a certain number (3?) of SNME time slots with the new USA/Universal deal, so the ratings probably wont matter.

It's also World Wrestling Entertainment ya know.

Not to mention that WWE apparently believes that the word "Entertainment" in their name means something along the lines of subpar programming or overdone rehashes.

That said, I didn't hate this show.

I don't think it was what it should have been - what it needed to be.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

What a fucking Shock. The owner's fat ass son gets an UNGODLY amount of offense over a four time world champion. Give me one good reason why this match should have been ANYTHING other than a repeat of Vince vs. The Undertaker at Survivor Series.

GET SHANE OFF MY TV.

Explain to me what was so good about tonight's show? Aside from the usual goodness from Booker and Sharmell's excellence in pure cheese...

You had a weak opening match that Triple H essentially went over all 4 other guys in the ring. A completely pointless 10 minute skit that served literally no purpose between JBL/Austin, that builds to nothing. Boy wonder gets to go "all out" on a national TV and getts tons of offense against Shawn. A paint-by-numbers heel turn from Mickie, a boring segment with Edge and Foley and of course, 10 minutes of airtime for Mark Henry.

Where is the "good"?

This was shitty. The Boogeyman thing was embarassing. Triple H dominates: predictable. McMahons dominate: predictable. Foley's opponent calls him "soft" and Mick has "transformed" into a hardcore badass. Have we seen any of this before? Shitty shitty shitty.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
The sad thing is, Vince will probably get just as much offense in at WrestleMania, which is even worse.

I'm not so sure. Vince seems to have a better grasp on reality (as fucking scary as that may be) than Shane. Shane legit thinks he's one of the boys and has every right to dominate the match. Vince has shown signs of sanity in this matches (The Austin cage match, the Undertaker BA match) where he gets NO offense.

I suppose the answer to this thread is "Yes."

Way too much trying to re-live the attitude era. Way too much. Someone said it in the other thread, but it's so true... Trish/Mickie is really the only storyline that has reasonable build for Mania.

I'm still baffled as to why anyone thinks Shane is the "good" McMahon. Every time he comes back, it's only to jump off something high and make an active wrestler look bad. This time around was no different. We can only hope he leaves again after Mania.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

He's easily worse than his father. he may be worse than his sister

The sad thing is, Vince will probably get just as much offense in at WrestleMania, which is even worse.

I'm not so sure. Vince seems to have a better grasp on reality (as fucking scary as that may be) than Shane. Shane legit thinks he's one of the boys and has every right to dominate the match. Vince has shown signs of sanity in this matches (The Austin cage match, the Undertaker BA match) where he gets NO offense.

Vince knows the $ is in getting his ass kicked.

Publicity has been generated by Scientologists in the entertainment industry such as John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Kirstie Alley, Beck Hansen, Josh Pettersen, Chick Corea (pianist), Isaac Hayes, Jason Lee, James Packer, John Cena, Doug E. Fresh (old school hip hop artist), Tom Cruise, and Cruise's converted fiancée Katie Holmes. Cruise became known as an outspoken Scientologist in 2005, publicly criticizing Brooke Shields on national television for her use of anti-depressants in recovering from postpartum depression.

Guys, is this true? Because all the other ones I can vouch for.

Great show.

In what way? The main event was horrible, the Bradshaw-Austin stuff was lame, the opening match was a clusterfuck, the Taker v. Henry thing has been done to death...

How was it great?

Guest Coffey

It was great in that it was entertaining and did a good job of catching non-regular fans up-to-date and selling them on Wrestlemania.