TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: NCAA Tournament Rounds 1 and 2

If Nova keeps playing poorly and Monmouth can step it up a notch, we are going to have a 1 go down. Cause Oral Roberts damn sure can't pull it off.

Guest Princess Leena

I was right about this block of games sucking. I picked the right day to work.

'Nova is REALLY making me regret picking them as a Final Four team right now. Foye in particular is playing like an 8th grader.

Do my eyes deceive me? Are Big East teams actually winning games they should?

It's about damn time. I think I had nearly every Big East team except Syracuse and WVU winning their first game.

Guest Princess Leena

I was surprised with how many people were taking 'Nova to win it all. Not that they're not a great team with their amazing guards... but, I wouldn't rely on that team winning 5 tough games in a row with their offensive philosophy and lack of inside presence.

Watching this Nova/Monmouth game, it seems the whole Mon plan is to just shoot three's and cross fingers every trip down.

They wasted like four chances by shooting three after three.

The 'Nova thing wasn't so much an endorsement of them as me not feeling like BC, OSU, Florida or G'Town were any better. Put them as the # 1 in any other bracket and I wouldn't have taken them.

The first round isn't a sign of things going bad or good in the NCAA tournament. Damn. If a team wins without injuries, then see what happens with their next opponent.

I haven't been doing very well gambling so far. If Michigan State doesn't cover tonight, I'll have depleted the entire $320 that I set aside for the tournament. I could always deposit more, but I don't want to go too far overboard with this.

That Nova game was the absolute drizzling shits. Especially with Nova channeling 2004 St. Joe's and taking tons of bad 3s instead of driving to the hoop where they're successful. They can't act like they have never seen a matchup zone defense before because Temple plays that defense all of the time and they did pretty well against them.

Allan Ray at least looked pretty good despite the injury last week.

Guys, I'll say it again. Watch out for GW. They match up extremly well with Duke. If Duke wants to run wiht them they will get BLOWN out of the building by GW. If only Willians and JJ put up the offense like they have been doing for the past few games GW will win. Paulus is going to get manhandled by the trap. Watch this game.

Duke/GW is the stand alone 1st game of the day. There's no way for JJ to hide when he's like 4 for 13 and the Blue Devils are down by 8 or more at the half. POPS POWER!

Guest Smues

Kornheiser just said that if Morrison were at Duke he'd be more hated than J.J. Reddick. A-fucking-men.

Guest Princess Leena
Guys, I'll say it again. Watch out for GW. They match up extremly well with Duke. If Duke wants to run wiht them they will get BLOWN out of the building by GW. If only Willians and JJ put up the offense like they have been doing for the past few games GW will win. Paulus is going to get manhandled by the trap. Watch this game.

The trap really could give Duke problems, as they don't really have any reliable ball handlers. But, I don't see how GW is going to stop Redick or Sheldon. After all, they were very lucky to beat UNCW, and their PG Goldberry was freaking terrified bringing the ball up court.

Guest Princess Leena

You know the Zags have done something right when they're getting more hate than Dook here.

The trap really could give Duke problems, as they don't really have any reliable ball handlers. But, I don't see how GW is going to stop Redick or Sheldon. After all, they were very lucky to beat UNCW, and their PG Goldberry was freaking terrified bringing the ball up court.

Stop being rational. In an attempt to answer your questions though, Shelden will get into foul trouble like always, and if JJ doesn't shoot the ball well GW could take them out. If need be, GW could send in some benchwarmer and throw a no look gonad punch to Redick since that seems to be a trendy thing to do this year.

To answer Dama's question, because Pubes is white. White dude's hardly ever get T's even when they deserve them.

I think GW/Duke will be a good close game, but I can't see Duke losing it. I'd say something like 77-72 Devils.

Wilmington shot the lights out to take it to OT, but I still think that the Colonials perimeter D looked vulnerable. If UNCW can make that many threes, I'd think that Redick, Melchion

Still though, I think it's fair to say that GW got jobbed getting an 8 seed. They're the best mid-major in the country in front of higher-seeded Gonzaga and Nevada teams, and if they'd gotten a reasonable bracket, I think they could have made the Elite Eight.

Guest NYankees

My alumni is playing in an hour and I am very nervous/excited. This is the first time that the school I attended has made it to the NCAA Tournament. Go GREAT DANES.

My alumni is playing in an hour and I am very nervous/excited. This is the first time that the school I attended has made it to the NCAA Tournament. Go GREAT DANES.

:( Poor Albany. At least you can go out and get drunk later.

But seriously, good luck to your school. I know how it is when you school make its first NCAA Tournament (in a long time, or ever.)

I was accepted to Kent St and damn near chose to attend that school, but didn't. I have some sentimential attachment to KSU for tonight.

Same with me and Ohio State. Got accepted there two years ago but couldn't go due to finances, though I still have a soft spot for them. Now I'm pulling for schools that I've been accepted/applying to, namely Nova, WVU, Mich State, and Syracuse, though the Cuse has already been eliminated.