TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: NCAA Tournament Rounds 1 and 2

Guest Sabu

And on another note, George Mason is going to beat Michigan State it looks like. Damnit.

And on another note, George Mason is going to beat Michigan State it looks like. Damnit.

I second that. Damnit.

CanadianMuggy, that's a good point. Well, I guess I was just hoping they'd win, since I'm from Michigan and all. However, I had them losing to UNC in the 2nd round anyway. I have Gonzaga taking the whole thing, what kind of chances do you think they have ?

I had Mason and Pitt, so I got those. I have NCST and I'm hoping that holds out and it really sucks that ALB fell at the end of it.

I really dont think 16 will ever topple 1 in men's, ever

Guest Sabu
CanadianMuggy, that's a good point. Well, I guess I was just hoping they'd win, since I'm from Michigan and all. However, I had them losing to UNC in the 2nd round anyway. I have Gonzaga taking the whole thing, what kind of chances do you think they have ?

I'd say about no chance.

Guest Princess Leena

Also had MSU as an Elite 8 in one of my big 3 pools. Blah. Never even though of Mason winning that.

I just lost an Elite Eight team in MSU. Fuck.

You had MSU going over UNC ?

Because of UNC's inexperience, yes.

Defending champions though dude, that counts for something.

UConn had a 25-point swing in eleven minutes. At least the Albany coach has enough parties to go to, to drink his sorrows away.

Also had MSU as an Elite 8 in one of my big 3 pools. Blah. Never even though of Mason winning that.

I'm a fan of MSU, but there's no way they would have gotten past UNC, and Tennessee, imo at least.

I just lost an Elite Eight team in MSU. Fuck.

You had MSU going over UNC ?

Because of UNC's inexperience, yes.

Defending champions though dude, that counts for something.

Not when that defending championship team is virtually non-existant on the current UNC team. Winning the title didn't really change or alter Williams's ability to coach and his confidence.

Guest Sabu

I think Penn and Texas will be a really close Game, all the 15th seeds have came close to winning so far except Belmont.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm a fan of MSU, but there's no way they would have gotten past UNC, and Tennessee, imo at least.

UNC's youth, and MSU's usually great performances in the tourney swayed me. Plus, MSU as a 6 seed would have been a ton of points if they did get that far... and I have no belief in Tennessee.

Ok, this "unexperienced" UNC team beat Duke, in Duke, on senior night. I think they can handle the NCAA tourney.

Winning one game and going through a whole tourney winning 6 games in a row against the best teams in the country are two different things.

That is what they mean by unexperienced.

UNC's youth, and MSU's usually great performances in the tourney swayed me. Plus, MSU as a 6 seed would have been a ton of points if they did get that far... and I have no belief in Tennessee.

Eh, MSU's great performances are all in the past, like when they were national champions half a decade ago. I've lost faith in their ability the last few years, but I never count them out. However, I think they are just outclassed by UNC. Whatever though, UNC is going to trounce all over George Mason now.

Ok, this "unexperienced" UNC team beat Duke, in Duke, on senior night. I think they can handle the NCAA tourney.

Are you saying they're not inexperienced? How many of them played a role in the team last year?

Having just seen the ending of the Northwestern State/Iowa game has reaffirmed my love for this tournament. The players were hugging each other on the court on the last in-bound play.