TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

As a one-time average (Cuban-)American contributing to the childhood obesity problem (not really), I grew up on not getting a substantial, overly sugary breakfast and then pigging out later in the day. Pop Tarts were essential to this, but I always ate just one, even if they came packaged in pairs. I would just eat the other one later, like when I got home from school or something, or the following morning. The thing was is that I always kept alternating between those and the Pillsbury Toaster Strudels, but it had to be strawberry, and I hated frosted Pop Tarts.

Although I've hated sugary foods the older I've gotten, even candy. Most of the time I won't eat dessert either. So I'm definitely on board with the savory bagel thing. Sliced lox and chives on an everything bagel. Now that's a quick breakfast right there that takes maybe half a minute of preparation longer at most than just a simple pop tart, but a pretty decent, satisfying breakfast.

I tend to eat leftovers for breakfast, since I never feel like cooking when I wake up. A typical breakfast for me is something like a turkey sandwich on the way to work, or a cold porkchop eaten in the shower.

Pop-tarts were always a snack for me. Never once in my life, not even in my darkest hours have I considered those things suitable for meal consumption.

Also, agreed on non-frosted ones being better. Except for the chocolate fudge ones.