TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

O' God damn.

My girlfriend was given a complimentary cheese basket for Christmas this year from one of her top-selling clients (omit predictable prostitution jokes, plz kthx) and I am in the first steps of loving it long time. A preliminary winner is the smooth and sharp American wedge along with a glass of Chianti. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

O' God damn.

My girlfriend was given a complimentary cheese basket for Christmas this year from one of her top-selling clients (omit predictable prostitution jokes, plz kthx) and I am in the first steps of loving it long time. A preliminary winner is the smooth and sharp American wedge along with a glass of Chianti. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Is this the start of Mellow's transformation into a Dr. Lector figure that goes sysmatically through the POTY brackets eating everyone who voted against him?

Guest Vitamin X

God damn it, I love cheese. That's a great gift to get. What else is in there?

Oh, and on another topic- V8. Who the hell drinks this stuff? I recently picked up a bottle of the "spicy hot" V8 and plan to try and drink a glass or so everyday while I'm sort of fasting. What makes it more palatable? Hell, what makes it palatable in the first place? Tomato juice has never tasted quite right to me, usually way too acidic and I also hate celery- combine the two with a whole mess of other things and it's difficult to explain why I would be drinking this other than health benefits.

God damn it, I love cheese. That's a great gift to get. What else is in there?

Oh, and on another topic- V8. Who the hell drinks this stuff? I recently picked up a bottle of the "spicy hot" V8 and plan to try and drink a glass or so everyday while I'm sort of fasting. What makes it more palatable? Hell, what makes it palatable in the first place? Tomato juice has never tasted quite right to me, usually way too acidic and I also hate celery- combine the two with a whole mess of other things and it's difficult to explain why I would be drinking this other than health benefits.

I'll dig back through it tonight when I get home from work. There's a wheel of smoked cheddar (I think it's cheddar) that I can't wait to get into.

V8, yeah. Awful stuff. Fucking loaded with sodium, too.

Guest Vitamin X

Lemon and tabasco? Now we're gettin' somewhere. This one's already the "spicy hot" version, so maybe just adding some lemon would make it better. Let me try the unadulterated stuff..

Not as bad as I thought it would be! The spiciness actually makes it a lot better. Mellow's right on the sodium, though- it says it contains 620mg of sodium which is 26% of your DRV. That doesn't seem all that bad, though.

Conclusion: The stuff tastes better when mixed with vodka. Maybe lemon juice will kill that acidity too. But it's always best when consumed in one quick gulp than as an actual drink.

Guest Vitamin X

Update: Not much more than a minute after I typed the above post after consuming the V8, my bowels instantly went into a violent rage and I had to run to the bathroom. It's a hell of cleanser, I'll say that much.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Maybe lemon juice will kill that acidity too

I'm no chemist, but..

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I didn't think that one over. I tend to think of citrus as a bit more pleasant acid than what you get with tomato juice, though, at least giving it better flavor.

I dont eat fast food very often anymore, but I was in town and hungry so I ended up at Burger King and got an "ANGRY!! Whopper". I dont think it was the Whopper that was ANGRY!!! as much as it was the person who made it, since when I went to pick it up and a few jalapeno slices fell out . Then I saw how many were still on the sandwhich and then I pulled them off and counted them and there were 34 jalapeno slices on it. I put about half back on, ate a couple separately and the rest got thrown away.

Oh, and I saw this at the grocery store today..

spotteddick.jpg

I had no idea what the hell it was, its basically bread-like pudding in a can.

New, disgusting, and oddly delicious menu item I had at Denny's tonight; The Grand Slamwich. Scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, American Cheese and Mayonaise on French Toast. I'm going to regret this but it was good enough when I was eating it.

Ironically enough, my younger brother called me afterwards to tell me that a high school teacher of ours had died of a massive heart attack last night. If I had heard that before, I probably would have not ordered The Grand Slamwich.

We have what I thought were money flavoured Doritos in Canada now (which I thought was in poor taste in such economic straits) but apparently the dollar sign on the white bag means it's a flavour naming contest. I recall hearing this was awful in the States, but that was a "guess the flavour" deal right?

http://www.doritosguru.ca/