TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Marvel's Civil War

Iron Man: Director of Shield #15 is pretty fun.

It's 24 meets Marvel, only Jack has a robot suit and Chloe is an old man hippie.

That sounds awesome, can't wait to read it.

Tony Stark: "DAMMIT!!"

Yes. Sally Whatever is the stupidest bitch of all time. Seriously, she does what amounts to me as a 180, says that "Capt doesn't understand America" because he doesn't know what MySpace is (Wow, because THAT'S what really defines America. Great point, Sally!), and thanks Tony Stark for nearly starting a war (Which, again, makes no sense at all).

It comes off as contrived and counter-productive to the Registration side, and frankly it was just moronic. I hated it, and it just makes me angry. Oh, and fuck spoilers, no one should read that piece of crap.

I really, really wish they killed Cap at the end of issue 7 and had the anti-reg side go underground and continue the fight in his name.

Not only do I think it would have been a better ending, it would have saved us from the moronic Frontline 11.

So Tony will allow himself to be responsible for imprisoning people in the negative zone without a trial, using super-villains (BULLSEYE for god's sake!) as a team to track down heroes, cloning a God, and assassination of foreign dignitaries with the goal of almost starting a war, and yet the jokers at Marvel are still talking about how Civil War was 'morally ambiguous' and 'neither side was written as the bad guy!' Stark was one mustache twirl away from being a super-villain.

"Civil War: I'm with Iron Man"

is pretty much the equivalent of

"Infinite Crisis: I'm with Superboy Prime"

180px-MenOnAMission.jpg

It's all partuva.... ROYAL PLAN!

And don't put Iron Man on the same level of SB Prime. Sb Prime is one of the best villains ever (Kid Miraceleman) wrapped up in genocide.

Holy crap, I actually didn't see that coming.

But hey, it's cool because

Reed can just clone Cap to bring him back, nothing could go wrong with that.

Holy crap, I actually didn't see that coming.

But hey, it's cool because

Reed can just clone Cap to bring him back, nothing could go wrong with that.

Judging from what I'm hearing about a few other comic book titles (Particularly Civil War: The Initiative), that might be what's happening.

RE: The big shocking "death" that's making news.

In Civil War: The Initiative One-Shot, Ms. Marvel clearly states that "He isn't dead. He's alive on The Raft. We're doing what we can to help him."

Which MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE, since The Initiative one-shot was supposed to be a LEAD-IN to the "shocking death" issue, but references it!!!!!!!!!!! I was like "What the fuck? Ya done spoiled me!"

MARVEL IS STUPID.

From what I know, he's actually dead. What Ms. Marvel is talking about is something different that will be explained later.

Okay, there's something about this whole thing that I don't understand.

How is it that Captain America, who was created by the US Government, and who worked for the Avengers, a team which, if I'm not mistaken, acted with the authority of the US government, was the main anti-registration guy? That seems backwards, to me. But maybe I'm just dumb.

According to comic book resources, take the book on its own merits; it's just that the media picked up the story and ran with it. (How could they kill the very symbol of America, Waaaaah!)

I think if anything, this may prompt Marvel to keep him 'dead' a little while longer to milk it. We'll see.

How's the issue though? Another great cover.

I have to say Captain America's death is the

WORST of any major comic book character. I mean at least with Superman, it was a well told story of self-sacrifice where he died a heroic death. Instead, after 66 years of fighting for truth, justice, and the American way, the life of Captain America ends in such an anti-climatic way. He didn't lose an epic fight to the death, he didn't trade his life to save the lives of innocent civilians, he just died like a fucking jobber. I'm sad and upset that Marvel would treat one of their greatest icons like some nobody as he receives a lame death. Captain America deserved better than this. Rest in peace, Steve Rogers.

Quesasa told ABC News that we'd see a new person assume the position of this character, who is dead.

What's US Agent doing these days? I don't follow comics anymore, but he was always one of my favorite characters, for some reason.

I have to say Captain America's death is the

WORST of any major comic book character. I mean at least with Superman, it was a well told story of self-sacrifice where he died a heroic death. Instead, after 66 years of fighting for truth, justice, and the American way, the life of Captain America ends in such an anti-climatic way. He didn't lose an epic fight to the death, he didn't trade his life to save the lives of innocent civilians, he just died like a fucking jobber. I'm sad and upset that Marvel would treat one of their greatest icons like some nobody as he receives a lame death. Captain America deserved better than this. Rest in peace, Steve Rogers.

Didn't he put himself in the way of a sniper shot that was aimed at the SWAT guy? If so then he stayed totally in character saving the life of another person and risking his own. Unless the shot was actually aimed at HIM, of course, I haven't read the issue yet.

RE: The big shocking "death" that's making news.

In Civil War: The Initiative One-Shot, Ms. Marvel clearly states that "He isn't dead. He's alive on The Raft. We're doing what we can to help him."

Which MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE, since The Initiative one-shot was supposed to be a LEAD-IN to the "shocking death" issue, but references it!!!!!!!!!!! I was like "What the fuck? Ya done spoiled me!"

MARVEL IS STUPID.

Here's your response, with the complete title of the "Fallen Son" mini revealed:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=104091