TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

The way he did it was great.

I was watching the interview but the phone rang, and I missed it. What exactly happened?

First three-game losing streak of the season for the Sens, on their way to a big loss at home to Buffalo. They need their missing defensemen back in the worst way. Havlat is likely coming back on Tuesday, which should help.

On a positive note, Carolina also lost big to Atlanta, so we're still tied with a game in hand.

I didn't mind watching Calgary lose last night, even if it was to Vancouver. They still clinched a spot with the OTL, and the third-period comeback in their third game in four nights says a lot. I'd have liked to see them win it in the overtime period, but I think it was obvious that the fumes they were running on were just about used up by then.

Does anyone else think that 7 games in 11 days is ridiculous? Even worse, the Sharks have to play 5 in 7 days this week.

If Brodeur wasn't playing like Brodeur, Montreal should have won easily last night. It should have been 6-3 Montreal if it wasn't for Brodeur.

I didn't mind watching Calgary lose last night, even if it was to Vancouver. They still clinched a spot with the OTL, and the third-period comeback in their third game in four nights says a lot. I'd have liked to see them win it in the overtime period, but I think it was obvious that the fumes they were running on were just about used up by then.

Does anyone else think that 7 games in 11 days is ridiculous? Even worse, the Sharks have to play 5 in 7 days this week.

Wait, Calgary tied it up? It was 2-0 Canucks with 6 to play when I went to bed last night.

Mike, Baron and I would be thrilled if the Habs stayed in eighth, we dont want to play Carolina in the first round. Start pullin for Tampa :P

Oh, we can dominate against Ottawa and stay on top against the Rangers.

Begin is out for a few weeks and Abby is getting the nod for tomorrow.

Wait, Calgary tied it up? It was 2-0 Canucks with 6 to play when I went to bed last night.

Yup. Giordano scored at 10:06, and then Ritchie tied it at 12:09. Jovanovski won it in OT for Vancouver.

FUCKING bullshit refs in New Jersey tonight.

UNREAL.

edit: UNBELIEVABLE. Fucking Devils have been elbowing holding everything in the book the Rangers tonight and the Rangers keep getting called on this petty bullshit.

edit2: Fuck that I changed my my mind. I want those trap playing bullshit artists in the first round I want Jagr and co. to TAKE THEM THE FUCK OUT.

My money's on the Rangers in the playoffs. Tampa loss leaves them in eighth, which is some bizarre karma over my post of an hour ago. The Oil are down late, to the Blues for christ sake.

San Jose wins as Dallas decided not to show up. Thanks guys.

Edmonton and Colorado lose, so Edmonton and San Jose are tied for 8th.

Vancouver HAS to win tomorrow, and hopefully Phoenix can help out.

San Jose wins as Dallas decided not to show up. Thanks guys.

Edmonton and Colorado lose, so Edmonton and San Jose are tied for 8th.

Vancouver HAS to win tomorrow, and hopefully Phoenix can help out.

Edmonton and Colorado must really be kicking themselves, as a win by either would have put them in solo sixth with some breathing room.

HUGE for Vancouver-Anaheim tonight.

And Baron, I'm gonna have to agree with CC. We will play well against, and possibly defeat Ottawa in the first round, but there's no way we're dominating.

Eh, I think we can. I mean all we have to do is stay out of the box.

Oh and Nashville chance of going far in the playoffs is fucked now because Vokoun is out for the season with some sort of symptons in his blood.

Yes, but only of those games the entire season, Ottawa has really dominated against Montreal (4-0 in September). The Habs have really hold off Ottawa's attack only allowing 22 goals in 7 games so far this season, and no more than four a game. Also three out of the four wins against Montreal this season came against Jose Theodore.

The Canadiens have once won once against the full squad this season, the 4-3 shootout game when the Sens inexplicably took the second half of the game off. Alfredsson, Spezza and Havlat were all out for the second win, and about half the team was missing for the win last Thursday.

Plus, the next goal the Habs score against Hasek this season will be their first.

All that said, I'd much rather play Tampa Bay in the first round. But there's no way Montreal is dominating Ottawa.

Well, thanks for letting me know. While you're at it, since you're apparently so good at this, can you tell me who's winning the conference finals, so I can make some quick cash?

Carolina Hurricanes

What, you mean the Hurricanes that have gone 8-9 down the stretch, mostly against teams that are going to miss the playoffs?

Doesn't matter come playoff time.

My Flames were the 7th ranked team last playoffs, and look what happend.

Hate to break your hopes CanadianChris, but Ottawa won't make it past the 2nd round. They will choke in typical Otttawa fashion.

Not with the Leafs missing the playoffs, they won't.

The last time they didn't play the Leafs, they came within a game of the Cup finals. And I can say fairly safely they would have made short work of the Ducks.

The probably would have beaten Jersey had Jacques Martin not waited until it was almost too late to bring Spezza in. Why did he hate him so much?

The probably would have beaten Jersey had Jacques Martin not waited until it was almost too late to bring Spezza in. Why did he hate him so much?

Because he wasn't buying into the "defence at all costs" mentality. He was just ahead of the curve.

Cause people like Prospal and Bonk are better than Spezza.

Sorry Chris, but if I was Ottawa I wouldn't want to play Montreal outta Tampa, New Jersey or Atlanta. Maybe dominate was a bit fan-boyish, but its not like Ottawa is giong to walk all over the east.

Carolina can be representing the east, but after that there's so much hypothetical reasons who can win. I mean if Ottawa and Carolina are both eliminated in the first round it can be anyone game.

With that being said, Detroit, Dallas or Calgary is going to win the cup.