TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Post Mania 22 Raw Thread

Big Time Fallout

April 3, 2006

Less than 24 hours after the biggest event on the WWE calendar, the RAW Superstars will be left to sort out the WrestleMania 22 fallout when Monday Night RAW emanates from Chicago.

At WrestleMania 22, the “King of Kings” failed to reclaim his throne, as John Cena defeated Triple H to retain the WWE Championship. Will The Game have something to say about tapping out to the STFU, and what will be next for The Champ?

Also last night, Edge defeated Mick Foley in a Hardcore Match, and the “old-school” Shawn Michaels returned to vanquish Mr. McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match. With their WrestleMania burdens seemingly finally behind them, what will be in store for the Rated-R Superstar and the Showstopper?

Plus, Mickie James defeated Trish Stratus to win the Women’s Championship. Will she have anything to say one night after dethroning her idol?

Feel the fallout as RAW is live from Chicago tonight at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

Wonder when we'll have matches announced for it.

I wonder if the GM search resumes / ends tonight. Meltz had said awhile back it ended because McMahon was having too much fun building to his WM match. With that match done, and you'd think McMahon would sell the beating and not be there, they would need someone to take over as on-camera booker.

HHH will cut a promo on Cena how "he saw it in his eyes" that the pedigree is the move that Cena fears and how at Backlash he will pedigree him and win the title.

Or something like that.

Guest lox
Will Mobster CM Punk appear on the show? Does the C.M. mean "Cena's Mobster" now?

Poor Punk. At least he seemed to enjoy carrying around his tommy.

Technically, MNM were in the battle royal before the show. But yeah, they should have been on the PPV.

I asked this in the other thread, but I think it's relevant here: What do they do with Triple H this time? It's not good enough for him to come out and say "yeah, Cena, you got lucky this time, kid." He's done that the last three or four times he's done a major job. Maybe he can re-form Evolution or something (though that kind of goes against his current character).

HBK and HHH both did crotch chops last night, and I guess HBK said on the post-show on WWE.com it felt good to be the old HBK again, so they could always go that way.

I think HHH should move over to smackdown if he wants to stay a heel. However, if the wwe is thinking about an "old school" vs. "new wave" feud I could see the old HBK and old HHH back together again to chase John Cena.

Will Mobster CM Punk appear on the show? Does the C.M. mean "Cena's Mobster" now?

Poor Punk. At least he seemed to enjoy carrying around his tommy.

Poor Punk? The man got to appear as a part of the main event @ WM in his home-town. He was relishing every second of it.

He could pull of a 1930's gangster gimmick, if only he didn't have the mass tattoos and dyed hair.

Maybe that's the rumoured angle we read a few weeks back about Cena having a faction to protect him backstage because of the "haters".

I still want to know who the other gangsters were, I thought Jacobs and maybe Ace Steel was one.

I could see them going somewhere like Cena having his own gang, then gradually relying on them to beat up his opponents backstage and cheat for him, finally turning him heel. Cena could pull it off, cutting a promo where he buries all his "haters" in the crowd and says that he has to pick his own friends, or something.

Maybe that's the rumoured angle we read a few weeks back about Cena having a faction to protect him backstage because of the "haters".

I still want to know who the other gangsters were, I thought Jacobs and maybe Ace Steel was one.

The other one they closed in on at ringside was OVW's Robbie Dawber.

As far as bringing DX back, I have a hard time believing they'd drag that up from that long ago. Remember when they tried that "one night return of DX", where Hunter turned on HBK, about five years ago? I think that was the last we'll ever see of DX again.

I wonder why they gave close-ups on Punk and Dawber and none of the other 4 gangsters. It's not like Punk called shot-gun on the camera side rail of the car, they purposely intended to show Punk and Dawber.

Aren't post-mania Raw's usually big deals? I mean I recall DX picks up Shawn's ball, Brock's debut and many more. Tonight should be a good show.

Kane/Big Show vs Spirit Squad for the tag titles has been announced.

Ya know, putting the titles on SS wouldn't be a bad move. Rotating sects of tag-teams and they can bump great off TBS and Kane.

Is Mickie a face now? They could quite easily do a Austin/Bret-extra extra light with the two girls if they both turned. They'll probably test both of their reactions tonight before anything.

Is Mickie a face now? They could quite easily do a Austin/Bret-extra extra light with the two girls if they both turned. They'll probably test both of their reactions tonight before anything.

Tonight, is in Chicago again. Wouldn't the crowd react just the same? Might need to test it out at another venue first.