TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The OAO RAW thread for April 10, 2006

Guest Coffey
I really enjoyed RAW last night. This may have already been brought up in this thread, but I'm not up to going through the previous 9 pages. I had been talking to a buddy of mine about the Spirit Squad's tag title run, and we both agreed that WWE needed to give them a stipulation like WCW gave the New Jersey Triad and the nWo Wolfpac, where any 2 members can defend the titles. Then low and behold, WWE does just that. I think it adds an interesting dynamic to their matches. The only thing I would do different is give the spirit squad another set of stipulations that allows them to switch-out between the 5 members during a title defense. It would give a good rub to the team that eventually beats them because they will have defeated 5 other men for the belts. I'm not sure where WWE is going with the psycho Kane storyline, but if it leads to him putting the mask back on, I am all for it.

You have to be pretty young to mention the Triad and Wolfpack and not mention the Freebirds. C'mon.

I'm not saying that isn't where they are going with it, but I'd guess it's just to hype his movie. You know, "May 19, it begins again!" *Movie releases on May 19th, a Friday, which is when most new movies are released into the theaters*. I assume it will just lead to him being similar to his movie character.

I really enjoyed RAW last night. This may have already been brought up in this thread, but I'm not up to going through the previous 9 pages. I had been talking to a buddy of mine about the Spirit Squad's tag title run, and we both agreed that WWE needed to give them a stipulation like WCW gave the New Jersey Triad and the nWo Wolfpac, where any 2 members can defend the titles. Then low and behold, WWE does just that. I think it adds an interesting dynamic to their matches. The only thing I would do different is give the spirit squad another set of stipulations that allows them to switch-out between the 5 members during a title defense. It would give a good rub to the team that eventually beats them because they will have defeated 5 other men for the belts. I'm not sure where WWE is going with the psycho Kane storyline, but if it leads to him putting the mask back on, I am all for it.

You have to be pretty young to mention the Triad and Wolfpack and not mention the Freebirds. C'mon.

I'm 24, but didn't start really watching a lot of wrestling until the mid 90's. I watched a little from 90-93, but it was mostly WWF. I didn't know the Freebirds were allowed to switch-out members for title defenses. Learn something new everyday.

Was it me, or did Cena’s promo at the beginning of RAW make no sense and seemed to just ramble on? It’s as if he was apologizing to the fans for what the WWE did to his character. Edge says his problem is that he cares what these people think. The funny thing is, you can look into his eyes every week and see that it does.

Face/heel dynamics has changed a lot over the years. If you don’t care what the fans think, that doesn’t automatically make you a monster heel anymore. I almost get the feeling that Cena has less face appeal because he cares what the fans think. Let’s face it, playing to the crowd at this point is like rubbing salt on the wound. It does nothing for Cena’s character at all. It’s like when a heel Booker T does the spinaroonie

I checked out Unlimited this morning, and up until HHH's suckerpunch, the 1st Unlimited segment was gold. Seeing HHH posing to the crowd to his sleeked out Motorhead tune get cut off by "Just Look at Me" was fuckin gold!

It would have beat out Jim Duggan's "Take it EASY!" promo as my favorite Unlimited segment if Conway wasn't made to look like a goon to ensure the KoK gets every last morsel of heat back (Yes, heat can come in morsels now).

EDIT --- After skimming through the thread, I must have been the only one to think it was a nice touch to keep RVD's theme running throughout the promo. Granted, they should have turned it down a little bit but I didn't mind it at all.

That seems pretty low for post wrestlemania ratings.

Yes it is considering that the Raw before WM did a 4.1 rating. This means that WM was watched mainly by current WWE viewers or/and did little to attract casual viewers.

Bit more info on RAW ratings as well as RAW AM:

Raw scored a 4.2 cable rating, with hours of 4.1 and 4.3. This is up from last week's 4.1 rating.

This past weekend's AM Raw scored a 0.6 cable rating, with a 1.7 share. The 2am Sunday Morning replay scored a surprising 1.1 cable rating.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Funny that in the week that TNA Impact scores "record numbers" on Saturday with a 1.0 even AM RAW manages to trump that rating with a 1.1