TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guys, before you do, don't.

Gilbert Arenas is the most underrated player in the league.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I hate Kobe, thus I'm ignoring ESPN and anything basketball related until the Suns lose game 5, and hope by some miracle that the Clips can beat the Kobes.

No chance in hell.

It's going to be the Lakers and the Mavs in the Western Conference Finals. If it makes you feel any better though, Dirk and Co. will probably blow through Team Kobe in five or six games.

Pffft.

IF the Lakers get that far, I'd pick them over the MAVS. They have the Mavs' number. Kobe: 62, Mavs: 61. Nuff said. And, don't forget that year when the Lakers overcame a 27 point deficit in the 4th quarter against those very 'Mavs.

This is looking more and more like the year of upsets. Exciting.

Gilbert Arenas is the most underrated player in the league.

Can you say "oops"?

2001 NBA Draft

Pick Team Player College

1. Washington Wizards Kwame Brown

2. Los Angeles Clippers Tyson Chandler

4. Chicago Bulls Eddy Curry

5. Golden State Warriors Jason Richardson

6. Memphis Grizzlies Shane Battier

7. New Jersey Nets Eddie Griffin

8. Cleveland Cavaliers DeSagana Diop

9. Detroit Pistons Rodney White

10. Boston Celtics Joe Johnson

11. Boston Celtics Kedrick Brown

12. Seattle Supersonics Vladimir Radmanovic

14. Golden State Warriors Troy Murphy

15. Orlando Magic Steven Hunter

16. Charlotte Hornets Kirk Haston

17. Toronto Raptors Michael Bradley

18. Houston Rockets Jason Collins

19. Portland Trail Blazers Zach Randolph

20. Cleveland Cavaliers Brendan Haywood

21. Boston Celtics Joseph Forte

22. Orlando Magic Jeryl Sasser

23. Houston Rockets Brandon Armstrong

24. Utah Jazz Raul Lopez

25. Sacramento Kings Gerald Wallace

26. Philadelphia 76ers Samuel Dalembert

27. Memphis Grizzlies Jamaal Tinsley

Round 2

1. Chicago Bulls Trenton Hassel

The only comparable, or better picks that year

3. Atlanta Hawks Pau Gasol

13. Houston Rockets Richard Jefferson

28. San Antonio Spurs Tony Parker

I hope Gilbert knocks LeBron out just to spite Larry Hughes.

He's better than Parker or Jefferson, it's not even close. Gasol really improved his all-around game this year, and I'd rank him above any post player this year in the MVP running, outside of Brand. That's the only one that's arguable.

My friend, this

is an oops.

Better yet, that entire draft is a load of shit with Jason Richardson, and Kwame (possibly, I'm not too sure yet) being the only decent top 9 picks. By decent, I mean worthy of being picked that high, and yes, I love Shane Battier.

Oops, you took Gasol out. My bad. Him too.

Here's your oops: The Rockets traded ALL of their first round picks (Jefferson, Collins, Brandon Armstrong) to get Griffin on draft night.

Brandon Armstrong was very hyped in this area when he came out of Pepperdine.

At the time, I thought he was underrated as far as what the league thought about him. Guess not.

Guest Kobe24KGold

LOL, Tyson Chandler suffered only a mild to moderate ankle sprain; the prognosis is day 2 day.

He was writhing in pain like he got shot in the ankle twice.

What a wuss.

He's better than Parker or Jefferson, it's not even close. Gasol really improved his all-around game this year, and I'd rank him above any post player this year in the MVP running, outside of Brand. That's the only one that's arguable.

No doubt that Arenas is easily a better player than RJ or Parker, I just think that they fit very well in their respective systems, which is why they are comparable picks at least in terms of contributions to their current team. Arenas was far and away the steal of that draft.

LOL, Tyson Chandler suffered only a mild to moderate ankle sprain; the prognosis is day 2 day.

He was writhing in pain like he got shot in the ankle twice.

What a wuss.

This could end up being more trouble than it's worth, so I'm editing it out. If someone saw it before I did, then they know what I said.

He's never gotten any respect from me.

I wouldn't mind the Lakers. I wouldn't hate the Lakers. I wouldn't hate Kobe. I wouldn't hate any of this if ESPN didn't suck so much cock and act so smarmy and just irritating about the Lakers and Kobe.

ESPN makes me hate players and teams.

They just sucked as much Laker and Kobe cock as possible. If LA goes to the Finals I shudder to think what these assholes will do.

First, find a playoff game where a team blew a 5 point lead with less than 10 seconds left in the game.

Once you've done that, name the last time one player hit a game tying AND game winning shot in a postseason game with each shot coming with less than 1 second on the game clock?

Also find a game where the league's back to back Most Valuable Player made the same critical mistake twice, costing his team a victory not once but twice, and all but eliminated them from the postseason as a result.

Still following me? Now I want you to tell me how much differently this series would be if it was 2-2 instead of 3-1 Lakers?

Now bare in mind ALL of this happened in 5 minutes and about 10 seconds of game action in a SINGLE game. What the fuck do you think they're going to be talking about?

If the roles were reversed and Kobe turned it over twice and Nash had hit two of the biggest shots of his life, you would most definitely want ESPN "sucking as much cock as possible" and you'd practically orgasm at them ripping Kobe. Stop being a hater.

Yes, thank you. Are they supposed to review every pick of the 2nd day of the draft, or only talk about baseball. You know, they have to talk about everything, considering that the NBA is a sport, and ESPN is a "sporting" network. They can't ignore it.

I'm loving this assbeating of San Antonio.

I beg to differ considering the crap that ESPN shows now.

Yeah Dama, I'd suggest switching to Fox Sports Net or something...

I'm also loving that we are only one win by both L.A. teams away from a Lakers-Clippers series, which would probably be along the lines of a holy war for Clippers fans.

I knew the guy wasn't hurt when he went down because Chandler's just another seven foot tall (or so) pussy. Maybe Isiah can try and swing a trade for him too.

My friend, this

is an oops.

Better yet, that entire draft is a load of shit with Jason Richardson, and Kwame (possibly, I'm not too sure yet) being the only decent top 9 picks. By decent, I mean worthy of being picked that high, and yes, I love Shane Battier.

I gotta disagree on that; I think that, if you redo that draft, Battier is still a top 9-10 pick. I would redo the lottery thusly:

1. Gasol

2. Arenas

3. Johnson

4. Richardson

5. Jefferson

6. Murphy

7. Parker

8. Wallace

9. Battier

10. Curry

11. Randolph

12. Chandler

13. Dalembert

14. Tinsley

I beg to differ considering the crap that ESPN shows now.

Yeah Dama, I'd suggest switching to Fox Sports Net or something...

Hence the quotes.

Tyson Chandler's a pussy, and always has been.

Have any of you actually sprained your ankle before? It's not exactly like stubbing your toe or hitting your funny bone.

I'd do it like this.

1. Arenas

2. Gasol

3. Johnson

4. Jefferson

5. Parker

6. Richardson

7. Wallace

8. Brown (based on salary and age)

9. Battier

10. Dalembert

11. Tinsley

12. Murphy

13. Randolph

14. Curry(I really hate Curry, Chandler and Randolph)

15. Haywood

16. Radmanovic

That's the way I look at it. 8-10 are interchangable. Dalembert is a game changer on defense now, which Kwame is trying to become.

Have any of you actually sprained your ankle before?

I've broken it and finished football practice and conditioning (really dumb in hindsight). Yes, it does hurt, but not like that. He's a bigger man than me, from the looks of it.

Isiah would find a way to give another first round pick to Chicago if he wanted to trade for Chandler.

He's going to be busy adding Kenyon Martin to his stable of me-first team killing stars. Between him, Starbury, and Stevie Franchise, the Knicks would have to play with two balls so they all got enough touches.

Have any of you actually sprained your ankle before? It's not exactly like stubbing your toe or hitting your funny bone.

I tore ligaments in my right ankle playing basketball in HS, tied up my shoelace as tight as possible, finished playing the game, hopped on a train for an hour which made my foot even more stiff, and yet I still walked home with only a slight limp. Granted, once I took my shoe off, the ankle swelled to the size of a grapefruit and I had to be driven to a hospital to find out that I'd torn ligaments, but I'm also not 7 feet tall, nor am I being paid millions just to look like a complete bitch on national TV. The way Chandler was flopping around you'd have thought that his ankle was dislocated or that bones poked through the skin. He's a pussy.

That's actually a pretty solid top 16. I think Randolph's game is really underrated (plus, he's a local and I feel I've got to stick up for him), but I just couldn't justify putting him in the top 10.

He, Curry and Chandler were perfect to go into the draft with each other. Randolph can be very good meaning better than he is now, but I don't know if he has the drive. He's more talented than all but 5 in my top 16.

Kings making it interesting in the 1/8 matchup. Spurs have been known to let teams back into a series when they're up 2-0. I still don't like our chances unless we take game 5.

LOL at Laker fans trying to say the series isn't over. Did you see the Suns leaving the court? They are done. They have no heart. They are the walking dead. Move on to the LA series.

LOL at whoever said the Clips/Lakers will be a war. A 4 game sweep is a war? You've gotta be kidding me? Not sure if you've checked the lineups, but there isn't one matchup on the floor the Lakers don't have a position advantage at. Clips/Lakers will be lucky to go 5 games.

Lakers in the WCF. Quote me on it.

Come on. You really think that the Clippers aren't going to win a few games?

I can't believe that I could possibly be underrating the Lakers, that just sounds weird.

Man, it felt good to watch an intense Bulls playoff game again. I've been spending this year getting back into basketball, and I have to say I don't really mind the Lakers anymore, especially since I love upsets in any sport. Miami's pretty much my designated hated team now. I don't dislike O'Neal, but the rest of those dudes bug the fuck out of me. The Spurs were getting their asses beat way worse than the Heat (who were in the game all the way through at least), but you didn't see them arguing and shit. I'm dying for a Clippers/Bulls final.

Kings making it interesting in the 1/8 matchup. Spurs have been known to let teams back into a series when they're up 2-0. I still don't like our chances unless we take game 5.

LOL at Laker fans trying to say the series isn't over. Did you see the Suns leaving the court? They are done. They have no heart. They are the walking dead. Move on to the LA series.

LOL at whoever said the Clips/Lakers will be a war. A 4 game sweep is a war? You've gotta be kidding me? Not sure if you've checked the lineups, but there isn't one matchup on the floor the Lakers don't have a position advantage at. Clips/Lakers will be lucky to go 5 games.

Lakers in the WCF. Quote me on it.

I hope you are joking about your Clipper/Laker analysis

The only position that the Lakers have over the Clippers is shooting guard but unfortunately that may be enough

Uh, Cassell is a fucking cripple. Smush Parker and Sasha will have zero problems with him. Livingston can barely run the team.

Clips have no answer for Kobe or Lamar. I'm sorry, Cuttino and Maggette don't cut it. They are disgustingly inconsistent, especially Maggette. Brand is going to have problems with Kwame. On the other end, I'm sure the Clips will put Kaman on Kwame and that will be poster material for Laker fans.

I don't like the Lakers (Kings fan) and I am pulling for the Clippers to win, but I am a realist and the matchups scream 5 games series in favor of the Lakers, max.

What is the crowd chanting?

EDIT: Never mind. "We want Corliss"

In the section I was in, before the Corliss chant there was a boring chant for the benchwarmers

I don't know if it'll be that easy for the Lakers. Unlike the Suns, the Clippers play good defense, so guys like Kwame, Sasha, Cook, George, etc probably won't get the same easy looks they're getting now. If the Clippers can limit the effectiveness of the role players (i.e. everyone not named Kobe), they have a good shot to win. Right now, the Lakers are feasting on an incredibly weak defense. They'll have to work a lot harder to beat the Clippers.

Guest Kobe24KGold
I don't know if it'll be that easy for the Lakers. Unlike the Suns, the Clippers play good defense, so guys like Kwame, Sasha, Cook, George, etc probably won't get the same easy looks they're getting now. If the Clippers can limit the effectiveness of the role players (i.e. everyone not named Kobe), they have a good shot to win. Right now, the Lakers are feasting on an incredibly weak defense. They'll have to work a lot harder to beat the Clippers.

I doubt it will be a walk in the park for the Lakers, even if Chris Mihm comes back.

The season series between LA vs. LA was tied at 2 apiece.

Should be a rollicking good time.

With that said, the Suns aren't done, yet.