TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

TNA Philly show confirmed

Here's what he reported:

TNA will run their first-ever house show in the Northeast on Friday 6/9, presenting "Hardcore War" at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA as Hermie Sadler's UWF promotion, which has been running TNA-branded house shows in the Virginia area will promote their first Northeastern endeavor.

The plan is to feature most of the top TNA names as well as the promotion's trademark six-sided ring. Obviously, the scheduling of the show isn't a coincidence as Sadler is seeking to capitalize on the fact that so many fans will be traveling to the Northeast that weekend for the ECW PPV in New York City.

This will be the first time in the near-four year history of the company that an event under the TNA banner has been promoted in the Northeast. I would expect an official announcement to come at any time.

I really like this move....I'd feel a lil' better about this if ICP was promoting it instead of Sadler, since the ICP show drew way better, but still, running that market on that weekend is a bold move for TNA and I fully support it. I wonder what the top matches will be....

This is the right direction for TNA. The more of these house shows they do, the more exposire they get, and therefore the more viewers and PPV buys. I hope it goes well.

Two must matches:

Sting vs. Sabu because it's a dream match

JJ vs. Raven because Raven needs a revenge win

If Sabu work the WWE show then a Sting vs.Raven vs.JJ match is good enough.

Lynn vs.Styles is a must as well. I would also try to do Joe vs. Tanaka.

I think Corino would work with TNA just for this night for the ECW arena and to stick his thumb at WWE again.

It shouldn't be a counter-ecw/wwe show. Just a regular TNA show but maybe 1-2 ECW names to add an extra boost for the draw.

TNA will run their first-ever house show in the Northeast on Friday 6/9

I thought the last house show was the first-ever, and I also thought there was one before that too. :huh:

edit: Oh perhaps they weren't in the Northeast. :bonk:

More info from Mike Johnson:

PWInsider.com has confirmed that the main event of TNA debut at the former ECW Arena in Philadelphia on 6/9, titled "Hardcore War" will feature TNA X-Division champion Samoa Joe defending the championship against both Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles in a Three-Way match. Jeff Jarrett is also confirmed for the show, his first-ever appearance in the ECW Arena. There are plans for most of the major TNA stars to appear as well.

For those who have asked, tickets will go on sale this Saturday morning at 10 AM EST. An announcement on how tickets can be ordered and ticket pricing for the event is forthcoming.

Son of a bitch...

I've been to Philly...and no offense to anyone...

But I don't want to go back.

But I might....

Offense taken.

I might check this out. Haven't really watched much TNA, but it's close, so why not.

Update from Johnson:

Tickets sales for the 6/9 TNA Hardcore War event in Philadelphia, PA have been pushed back one week as the decision was made yesterday to reconfigure the ECW Arena based on initial response to the announcement of the show taking place. They are hoping to open more seating before tickets go on sale, which will now be the weekend of 4/29. I am told the sales will be done exclusively over the Internet.

TNA has officially announced this event. Here's the press release:

TNA WRESTLING TO INVADE PHILADELPHIA FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER JUNE 9TH!

(Wednesday, April 26th, 2006) TNA Wrestling will invade Philadelphia for the first time ever Saturday, June 9th! The TNA signature six-sided-ring will invade the New Alhambra Arena for a one night engagement featuring the top stars of Spike TV’s TNA iMPACT!

The first match announced for this huge event will be a rematch of what many consider to be the greatest match in the history of TNA, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels for the X-Division title!

"There have been some incredible three-way matches in that building... But nothing like the fans will see this night," says two-time X-Division champion “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels. "This will be a very special night, and we have every intention on not only topping ourselves, but topping the previous two-way matches that have been held in this historic building as well."

Also appearing June 9th will be the New Alhambra debut of "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett.

"I've been waiting for the day that I could step foot in that dump of a building and tell those idiot fans in Philadelphia what I really think of them ... face to face." Jarrett said from his Nashville home. "Those Philadelphia fans are used to nothing but backyard wrestlers. It’s about time they will finally get to see what a real third generation wrestling superstar looks like."

Other TNA stars scheduled to appear are Abyss, America's Most Wanted and Rhino, with several more major names to be announced before tickets go on sale this Saturday.

This event will also have a very special event prior to the show called "The Ultimate Experience" in which fans will get to enter the building early and participate in a meet and greet autograph/photo session with all appearing talent prior to the shows. During the Ultimate Experience, fans will also get to climb in and have their picture taken inside TNA's innovative six-sided-ring!

In order to maximize the interaction with TNA talent for those who attend “The Ultimate Experience” event, tickets will be limited to the first 100 fans when they go on sale this Saturday morning, April 29th.

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will take place June 9th at the New Alhambra Arena on the corners of Swanson & Ritner in South Philadelphia, PA. For additional venue information, go to www.NewAlhambra.com. Tickets for this historic night start at just $35 are available on a first come, first serve basis this Saturday morning at 10am EST via www.uwfusa.com

More info, from Mike Johnson:

Expect Abyss vs. Team 3D's Brother Runt (Matt "Spike Dudley" Hyson) to be added to the 6/9 TNA Hardcore War event in Philadelphia, PA. TNA also officially announced Rhino and NWA Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted would be appearing on their first Northeastern house show. Already announced is Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles and Jeff Jarrett's first appearance in the ECW Arena. For information on a bus trip from NYC and New Jersey to the event, email [email protected].

I don't know if its because I have found memories of the Mike Awesome/Spike Dudley matches or what, but I think Spike and Abyss could have a kick-ass match. That's a very fitting ECW tribute that doesn't stretch beyond the boundaries of the TNA universe. Any else think they might do the Duds title win in Philly? How cool would that be? It's not like they haven't established that titles can change hands on non-televised events...

They need to put this on DVD afterwards.

I'm pretty sure all the Hermie financed shows have been released on DVD. I'll definitely be buying this one as soon as its made available.

Abyss vs Brother Runt?

BRING IT THE FUCK ON!!!!

Now thats ECW style. Not the plastic ECW were gonna see in the summer.

Match # 3, from PWI:

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Jerry Lynn vs. Petey Williams has been added to the 6/9 TNA Philadelphia, PA debut at the former ECW Arena

I gotta say that I like what they are doing with this show so far. They are getting the ECW regulars in the line-up in a way that vibes with the TNA universe so that it doesn't feel like a nostalga show. Lynn doesn't regularly wrestle for TNA anymore, but he has been on TV cheering on Team USA, which will surely cross paths with Team Canada in the World Cup. So it makes sense for the former Team USA captain to face the current Team Canada captain. And the match should rock. Once again, I'm so getting this DVD.

Match 4:

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino has been added to the 6/9 TNA Philadelphia, PA debut at the former ECW Arena. The match will reprise the great series of matches the two had while feuding for the NWA championship in late 2005.

I figured Jarrett was eating a Gore at this show...I thought they may have done it in a impromptu match after Jarrett starts his near riot though in a wink to ECW tradition. Either way, imagine the heat this match is going to get!

Ah man it is going to be awesome.

I can only imagine that it will be Team 3D vs AMW again, but maybe they'll pick someone else?

And i wonder if they'll have a match for Simond Diamond? or his Diamonds in the Rough?

I can only imagine that it will be Team 3D vs AMW again, but maybe they'll pick someone else?

And i wonder if they'll have a match for Simond Diamond? or his Diamonds in the Rough?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the 3D title win here. I'm willing to beat anything the match goes down on this show, and as they demonstrated with Jarrett in Canada, they are not afraid to switch titles at non-televised shows. I was trying to think of what Simon Diamond and the DitR could do. Simon's got to cut a Simon's got a problem promo though....that much I know.

A good sign?:

Tickets for the event went on sale this morning with so many fans attempting to purchase seats for the first ever Northeastern TNA house show that the server crashed and was down for over an hour.

The server is back up. For those who wish to order tickets to the event, visit http://www.mollyguard.com/event/29013781.

credit: PWInsider.com

A good sign?:

Tickets for the event went on sale this morning with so many fans attempting to purchase seats for the first ever Northeastern TNA house show that the server crashed and was down for over an hour.

The server is back up. For those who wish to order tickets to the event, visit http://www.mollyguard.com/event/29013781.

credit: PWInsider.com

It's a damn good sign that Ticketmaster is a shitty company.