TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC signs Anderson Silva

If Franklin trains with Ryo Chonan then Silva is in trouble.

Oddly enough I skipped past the article on the front page because they don't mention his name directly and I thought it was another piece on TUFIII.

Well Anderson Silva is by far the best striker Franklin would face, and Franklin doesn't have a great chin.

Isn't Silva and Lindland suppose to fight though?

Silva & Lindland were supposed to fight, but Matt pulled out for presumably a better payday against MVA at 205lbs.

Also, Silva's the best striker at either 170 or 185lbs, but it doesn't change the fact that his bottom game is still poo.

Silva & Lindland were supposed to fight, but Matt pulled out for presumably a better payday against MVA at 205lbs.

Also, Silva's the best striker at either 170 or 185lbs, but it doesn't change the fact that his bottom game is still poo.

He looked awesome against Alexander Otsuka, though!

Oh, wait...

You know how in professional wrestling they give promo packages sometimes building up fighters? They should do that with Silva. Theres enough footage that they could get to hype him up.

"Anderson Silva... is coming" or something.

Franklin vs. Silva would be a great stand-up fight. Silva is technically a better striker, but Franklin has other intangibles that would make this a really hard match to predict.

During the middle of the next broadcast, when they have a boring match like Monson/PDP, they should just insert that split second clip of Silva kneeing Newton's face than go back like nothing happened. Insert some other KO's similarly throughout some shows. Then have the lights go dark at the end of one show, "Thriller" hits, and he comes dancing to the octagon in trademark fashion.

It will work.

Dana White says that they are trying to set up LOISEAU vs. SILVA for an ULTIMATE FIGHT NIGHT!

GIGGITY!

That has fight of the year written all over it.

But I think it's too soon for Loiseau, he needs a fight or 2 to gain his confidence back up after the Franklin domination.

Everytime I have seen him fight I have just noticed how piss poor of a sprawl he has and it has me thinking that most could take him down pretty easily and his ground defense always looks like crap to me. Maybe its just the fights I have seen with him.

Silva has a decent sprawl, but it's helped that he's faced almost nothing but strikers at MW, outside of Okami & Horn, who both got him down.

Silva beat Horn...

Carlos Newton has a good ground game also, but he got a knee right to his grill, when he tried to take down Silva.

Loiseau is training with Tito and all the boys in Team Ortiz or whatever it's called now, down in California. I never heard anything about this fight, but if he's training with a star-studded team like that he must be preparing for a serious fight, so I expect this to be announced soon. This partnering makes sense given the fact that Dave recently signed on with Tito's manager.