TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

Polls are great!

Two Questions For Ya  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a House Rules title?

• Yes, we should have a title exclusively for House Rules match!
    • No, we should keep it relegated to the Hardcore Title.
    • No, House Rules should be done independently of titles.
  2. 2. Should we allow tag teams written by one person?

• Yes, we should!
    • No, we shouldn't!

And, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that everybody in the Hardcore Division not named Bruce Blank is technically a cruiserweight, too, so I guess it doesn't stand out, either... ;)

1) Sean Davis - so there :P

and

2) That just furthers my argument that the CW title is less "special" here than in a federation where only 20-30% of the characters are Cruiserweights. Here it's not that different from the other main stream titles like the Int or World, it's no different than the WWF EUropean or the WCW Television title really.

Guest The Satanic Angel
1) Sean Davis - so there :P

Meh. I would rather Sean was seen as an IC or World contender, but if I could actually write, I still wouldn't have the talent to be there. If this were a RP fed.. maybe. (No, there's no suggestion in that.)

The way I see it, cruisers are 'in'. How many heavyweights are there in the fed? Four out of twenty? To me, that gives less distinction between World, IC and CW, because right now, all the champs are cruisers. In a week, all the champs will be cruisers. Next month, all the champs will be cruisers. Are we following my pattern yet?

I guess my point is, if you're going to have a belt totally dedicated to cruisers, why not have one totally dedicated to heavyweights? IC = HW?

Meh. I would rather Sean was seen as an IC or World contender
One doesn't exclude the other since the Hardcore title isn't about "level" but "style" in my eyes

Side Note: I'm not FOR dropping a title - it's not a problem IMO

I'm just surprised that the ONLY title that is truely different is the one being suggested.

I'm still not grokking what makes the Hardcore Title "unique." If anything, the style of the Hardcore division is dictated by the Champion's writing style (see, Judge, Pretzler, and... hell, WC, for that matter). When I was the Hardcore champion, there were more hardcore matches happening outside of the Hardcore division, because I didn't actually *write* hardcore matches. In fact, I basically treated it like it was the LHW title, since we didn't have a Cruiserweight Division at the time.

I guess my point is, if you're going to have a belt totally dedicated to cruisers, why not have one totally dedicated to heavyweights? IC = HW?
Suits me fine; I'd happily go back to the Cruiserweight Division. But others, like Toxxic, Jay and Maddix might take umbrage, since I'd always gotten the impression that they consider themselves "too good" for the Cruiserweight Division, whatever that means.

But others, like Toxxic, Jay and Maddix might take umbrage, since I'd always gotten the impression that they consider themselves "too good" for the Cruiserweight Division, whatever that means.[/color]

I'll take umbrage with THAT statement, since I'd like to know what gave you that idea. Simple story - I had a contendership match for the CW title with Toxx, i lost it. I got put in line for the HGC next and won that. I got a free title shot and took it against Rickmen for the ICTV because a) it had more prestige than the CW because it had been around longer and b) he was an easier target than Clark, who'd already beaten me once. Then I got involved in the Kibagami angle and after that the only singles title Toxxic was booked for was the World Title, a lot of which was because of the attitude I gave the character himself.

TORU wasn't a cruiserweight.

I wangled a shot at CW contendership with Amy, but GM2.0 beat me for that. So I ended up gunning for Bruce instead.

I don't consider myself too good for the CW division, far from it. It just never happened for me. Also, I think it's likely that the reason Jay has never really gone for it is he's had the frickin' International belt for most of his time here. Landon has stated on several occasions that he's wanted a shot at the CW title, and I remember him complaining in 2004 and asking why no-one was booking Landon for a CW shot.

So... yeah. That's you pwned :P

Feh. I think that we've all proven that the squeaky wheel gets the grease in this fed; if you guys wanted it to happen, you could have made it happen... :P

And yeah, I remember Maddix complaining about not getting any WCC shots, but he didn't exactly go out of his way to get one, either; saying that nobody will give him a shot at the Cruiserweight Title isn't quite the same as telling CC, "book me in the Cruiserweight division."

You could've jobbed to Mr. the Doom, then.

Doomtopian Title, ahoy!

Also: The whole business with getting rid of a title can be tricky. The International belt is the only one without a restriction. Cruiser title, of course, has a weight limit, and hardcore must be defended under certain stipulations (Or, at least, it should). International, though, is more versatile in this respect, but, we've already got a title of that nature in the form of the world belt. Of course, if anything is going to be eliminated, maybe the tag straps should be first, as The New Doomtopians vs. Johnson and Manson MCVII doesn't sound like much fun. The New Doomtopians should win the belts first, though.

You could've jobbed to Mr. the Doom, then.
The last time I willingly jobbed a belt to somebody, the fucker turned around and quit the fed a month later, without dropping the title. :angry:

No thanks. I'll wait on someone to take it from me.

I don't think our roster is big enough for four single titles and one tag title. Don't get me wrong I like the size of the roster (We could do with a few more) but I think we should drop a few titles. I'd say the tag straps and the cruiser title. Tag titles simply because there aren't enough teams, and its not like we can't have tag matches without an actual title (use them to further angles, have fun main events, etc...). Drop the CW because all the champions are cruiserweights anyway. I love the CW division, but I feel as if the International and the CW division kinda cancel each other out.

So then we would have World (top level), International (mid level), hardcore (low level...specialty style.) I believe this would make the three titles more prestigious as compared to what we've got now. Like for instance if I went from the CW title to the IN title, I don't feel thats a step up or step down, and vice versa.

So yeah...I hope that at least made some sense.

Discussion = great~!

I can't speak with any authority on the Cruiser division, so I won't even try, but going back to what Zyon just said, we might want to consider "suspending" the tag team championships until we have enough teams to compete for them again.

The only reason I might be against that is it doesn't really do anything to fix the situation. One-man teams might not be ideal, but they would give us teams, and serve as a band-aid until we got enough new recruits to revert back to two-man teams.

Edited by chirs3

Suspending the tag titles is a terrible idea, in my opinion. No one is going to look for a partner to team with if there's no gold for them to go after.

If people *care* about the tag titles... then form teams! It's a great way to work angles (see SpYon).

If people *care* about the tag titles... then form teams! It's a great way to work angles (see SpYon).

What I think that Akira was saying is that the chicken has to come before the egg in this circumstance. You can't take away the tag belts and be like, "well if we get more teams, then we'll have tag titles," because, if there are no tag titles, then what's the incentive for forming a tag team?

I will.

**Breaking news: New Jersey Devils - 9345353, New York Rangers - 0**

Lolz.

Edit: That kind of doesn't make sense, since you'd think that as a New Jerseyian or whatever, Akira would like the Devils, but he doesn't. He likes the Rangers. So, yeah. I was making fun of him.

Lolz.

Late to the party.

Landon has stated on several occasions that he's wanted a shot at the CW title, and I remember him complaining in 2004 and asking why no-one was booking Landon for a CW shot.

Those were the days. I had one match against WC in 2003/4 (?), probably no-showed it. After that I think I had one match booked against JJJ which I definately no-showed and that was about it for the Cruiserweight Division. I do remember asking to be in the Division a bunch of times but it never really happened. To be honest, the only reason I created Laberinto was because Landon wasn't considered in the Cruiserweight Division naturally, but Labs failed miserably too.

This is gonna earn me some hardcore scorn from WC, but the only reason I'd go after the Cruiser Title now is because I need that and the HCG Titles to complete and SJL/SWF Grand Slam of titles and I'm a shameless mark for myself. It took a while to recover from Flesher's reign and it does suffer from everyone being a cruiserweight sometimes.

Personal thoughts...I'd like more distinction between the belts. The Cruiserweight Title should be the 'spot monkey's title'. Guys like me should be going for that and there should be less focus on writing top notch, technical masterpiece matches. Stips would help, more multi-mans, Cruiserweight Addenda helps for straight singles. The International should then be more focus on straight wrestling, an 'old school title' as such, with more orthodox stipulations and focusing on great wrestling to win.

The International should then be more focus on straight wrestling, an 'old school title' as such, with more orthodox stipulations and focusing on great wrestling to win.
Which would require a change in how the titles are considered instead of Internation = IC it would mean that Hardcore, Int and Cruiser were all about level pegging, just representative of each "style" with only the world title being a mixture and "above" the rest.

That's not a bad way to look at it instead of arguing about which title is #2 or the "low card" title etc. Each title represents a style, the champion represents the "best" of that style in general, the world champion isn't representative of any specific style but is the top dawg.

it'd make all 3 titles have a valid reason for being around although Blank would then never be able to challenge for the International title unless someone gave him a "talent" injection ;)

and WC - let me get this straight, when you held the title, it wasn't defended in Hardcore stip matches? or am I reading you wrong here?

Well, the matches were *booked* as "hardcore" matches... I just somehow managed to win without *writing* many/any hardcore matches. I think that the most hardcore I ever got was Janus trying Dark Bomb WC onto a table, and WC reversing it into the Cutter. I rarely had my opponents use weapons, and never had WC initiate it.

Well Judge had his own anti-hardcore run with the belt, didn't he? So it's happened a couple of times in the belt's history.

Again, i think each belt meaning something might be good - we could even bring in Pure Wrestling rules for the International belt? That way each belt has it's own rules and they're all level pegging of a sort. As for someone like Bruce challenging for the belt, while he might struggle with the 'no punches' stip I'm sure he could nail nasty forearms or bionic elbows or something (c'mon, Bruce doing the Flip Flop & Fly = classic), and as for the rest it'd be about cheating and power.

In this way up-and-comers could 'do the tour' and be booked in at least two divisions to get them on their way and used to different styles of wrestling before they hopefully move on to the World Title.

Incidentally, and please don't think that I'm blowing my own trumpet here - I am the only post-SJL writer to win the World Title. Toxxic and Wes are the only post-SJL characters to win the World Title. J3's come within spitting distance twice, Hawke had a good chance but the misfortune to come up against a really good writer. But come on, is it really true that only one person who's joined the fed since the SJL folded is capable of winning the big one?

Sign in to follow this