TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

The 2006 NFL Draft Thread

Matt just had the "I'm going to Arizona" look on his face.

Damn I was hoping they'd take Leinart which would have guarenteed the 49ers Ferguson or Hawk. Now we know the Packers will take Hawk which means the 49ers end up with Vernon Davis. I think it's always a risky proposition to take a tight end this early in the draft.

Amazingly, the New York Jets have made the best pick of the draft so far. Williams won't live up to the hype, the Saints should have taken Ferguson but ended up coveting the shiny package when they already have an All-Pro back, and Young won't play until 2008.

Guest Vitamin X

Damn I was hoping they'd take Leinart which would have guarenteed the 49ers Ferguson or Hawk. Now we know the Packers will take Hawk which means the 49ers end up with Vernon Davis. I think it's always a risky proposition to take a tight end this early in the draft.

Yeah but the line of thinking is that Vernon Davis is also the best receiver in this draft (and has receiver like numbers at the combine along with the ability to play tight end) so it's all for giving Smith a good target.

I think Lienart would be great in the desert. He could learn from Warner, have James in the backfield and throw the ball to Fitz and Boldin. I think most QB's would love that situation.

Arizona has the weapons to make him a success...

if he's not on his ass constantly like David Carr because his O-line sucks.

I think Lienart would be great in the desert. He could learn from Warner, have James in the backfield and throw the ball to Fitz and Boldin. I think most QB's would love that situation.

I can't wait for Warner's wife to call up ESPN and bitch about Kurt hanging out with "that playboy hollywood" womanizing Leinart. There's too much comedy potential with Kurt trying to be hollywood with Matt.

Why are the Packers taking so long to select Hawk? Everyone knows they want the guy, he's there, so make the pick already.

And Leinart just keeps falling. This is great. I love seeing Mr. Hollywood fall to the desert.

I can't remember who said it but they said "The best day of a young football players life is when they find out they're drafted. It becomes the worst day of their life when they find out they're drafted to the Cardinals."

I can't wait for Warner's wife to call up ESPN and bitch about Kurt hanging out with "that playboy hollywood" womanizing Leinart. There's too much comedy potential with Kurt trying to be hollywood with Matt.

I smell sitcom for the Fox Network!

The Pack may be making a play for Bush if they're taking this long. It's not likely they'll take Leinart and I don't see them getting Vernon Davis.

Guest Smues

Hey the ESPN draft coverage isn't annoying enough, let's use the Cold Pizza set just to make you remember that dumb show.

And Leinart just keeps falling. This is great. I love seeing Mr. Hollywood fall to the desert.

I can't remember who said it but they said "The best day of a young football players life is when they find out they're drafted. It becomes the worst day of their life when they find out they're drafted to the Cardinals."

Dama, shut your mouth! We will be better this season. At least I hope we will be better.

Appropriate considering the lack of brains in the Pack's GM office the last few years.

They got anally raped by the Saints two years ago for Mike McKenzie (They got a QB they later cut and a 3rd or 4th round pick, IIRC) and they still haven't recovered.