TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

I'm thinking of buying this game in the coming week before renting b/c my local Blockbuster has had it checked out every time I've stopped buy.

Is it worth the price?

I say it is.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd say it is. The gameplay is MUCH better than previous versions.

And if you want to see those full pics skullman posted, remove the .th before .jpg in the link.

Even though the 360 version lacks some options, it's beautiful.

I'd say it is. The gameplay is MUCH better than previous versions.

And if you want to see those full pics skullman posted, remove the .th before .jpg in the link.

Even though the 360 version lacks some options, it's beautiful.

Are they not opening right?

When I click on them it takes me right to the full size picture... :(

I finished Rutgers Year 3 yesterday. We've finally arrived.

I went 13-0, and won the Orange Bowl for the third straight year. I finished #3 in the nation. I had two Heisman candidates, who we just a frosh and a soph, so they'll be ready for next year. I won the Maxwell, Bednarik, Lombardi, Groza, Returner of the Year, Remington, and OL of the Year. The program prestige is now up to 5*, yet my coach prestige is still just 2* even though I just had seasons of 11-2, 12-1, and 13-0.

Recruiting...it's finally coming together. I got 24 recruits, and the #1 class in the nation. The D should be solid but a little shaky...I lost 7 starters to graduation and 1 to the pros, who was the only player to leave early. They did it to me again after the spring game too...my backup QB is my third impact player to go along with who I chose, my starting QB and one of my CBs.

All this, plus I was invite to join the ACC to replace North Carolina and am starting Year 4, 2009, at #9 in the nation.

Guest Princess Leena

Only 2 years for me... Alaska was invited to the WAC already.

Declined.

When I get good, I'm facing all of the Top 11 teams in the regular season. Conferences suck. I won't conform.

Since I haven't done dynasty (focused on Legend), had a question for those dynasty people. When you get invited to the conferences, do they take your geographic location in consideration? Is it possible for a team hailing from California to be invited to the ACC or a Florida team to be invited to the Pac-10?

Guest Princess Leena

Yes, they usually do.

My created teams from Alaska and Phoenix have always been invited to the WAC. My team in Texas was invited to C-USA. Buffalo invited to the Big 10.

Well, I got my first win on Heisman. I was planning on playing the 1st half of the North Carolina game on Heisman and the second half on All-American, but then I had a 10-3 halftime lead so I just stuck with it. I ended up winning 13-10 on a made FG with 0:10 remaining. My Georgia Tech squad's currently 7-3 (6-1), although they're still unranked, and won't make the conference title game unless Miami loses both of their final two games.

BTW, that's kind of neat that you get invited to a better conference if you improve the program. If I knew that I would have been more likely to take a mid-major team. Do they ever do that for CPU teams or does it only happen for user teams?

I've become the new Quarterback U. My last three starting QBs have won the Heisman. My winner this year would've won last year if he hadn't gotten hurt late in the year, and even then I had my star WR finish 2nd in the balloting. This year's stats:

310-421, 3959 yards, 49 TDs, 14 INTs, 182.3 QB rating. He set the record for rating last year with a 199.4 rating (44-6 TD/INT ratio). Basically I've just started simming the regular seasons and playing the NC games, then recruiting (my favorite part of the game). About to make it my 5th championship in a row when I smoke USC again.

I finally get to continue my Year 2, I continue my dominance of ACC. I'm kinda happy that I'm doing so well. Maybe I'll get invited to another division (probably not), because if it takes having to wait for the Volunteers to lose for me to reclaim my #1 ranking, I'd rather be independent.

Well, at least there's only 4 more games this season and then hopefully a National Title game awaits me.

I just made a huge statement in the ACC. Three straight road victories against NC State, BC, and Georgia Tech. I'm 5-0 and nationally ranked at #4. Virginia Tech is at 3, but I face them at home in a few weeks so I should be able to jump up again. USC is 1 and Wisconson is 2. I don't see USC losing but Wisconson still has to go on the road to 13 Ohio State and they also still have to play Michigan.

My freshman have been awesome so far, especially my two tailbacks who rush for 100 yards a game each and my two new dominant defensive ends.

My next game is home against 6-0 Florida State, who aren't ranked for some reason.

I played a disgusting game against Duke last night. I just totally choked it away. Anyway, I was playing on Heisman for the first three quarters, and Duke's running game was just dominant for some reason. They had like 230 yards on the ground at the end of the third and a 21-9 lead with the ball at my 15.

I held them to a field goal, and drove downfield for a TD to cut it to 24-15 (after missing the conversion). With 2:00 left and one timeout remaining, I scored another TD to make it 24-22, but I missed the onside kick and Duke got the ball back. My defense forced a quick three and out, I got the ball back with 0:55, and after an efficient drive, I got down to the Duke 5 with 0:26 left.

Well, I was scared to kick the FG this early, dreaming of a miracle comeback by the CPU, but with no timeouts left, I also didn't want to have to set up a FG after a running play, so for some reason I called a passing play. I was scared to throw to my covered receivers for fear of an INT and ended up getting sacked back at the 21. Somehow, I didn't get the spike off, so I grabbed the first passing play I could that had go routes to the end zone, thinking I still had time for a quick route, and I'd either get a TD or be able to set up a FG after an incompletion.

Well, unfortunately, it was my tight ends running to the end zone, not my receivers, so when I threw it up a pass that I thought would go to the end zone, they were still at about the 4. My tight end ends up catching the ball, and gets tackled at the 2 where time runs out and Duke celebrates their upset victory. Absolutely sickening. I was actually about to get back into the Top 25 after that game (ranked 28 nationally), but I guess that's a contract goal I'm just going to miss this year.

Guest Princess Leena

Played my first game on Heisman. Won 42-37 over Boise State, via late comeback. But, it wasn't fun at all... I'm cruising up 28-10, and suddenly Boise starts making superhuman plays on offense, and ridiculous fumbles to my team, to make it close. I hate that shit.

So, either, I beat the crap out of everyone on AA, or I get aggravated with those types of shenanigans on Heisman.

I messed around with it on the X-Box at an EB Games at a mall, and it doesn;t play bad at all. I was playing Michigan vs. Tenessee State, and the first drive was all but perfect, then the next two were frustrating as just as Michigan recievers tend to do, they drop passes in the end zone.

I'll wait until the price drop occurs. I can;t afford to drop fifty bucks on a game anymore.

I messed around with it on the X-Box at an EB Games at a mall, and it doesn;t play bad at all. I was playing Michigan vs. Tenessee State, and the first drive was all but perfect, then the next two were frustrating as just as Michigan recievers tend to do, they drop passes in the end zone.

I'll wait until the price drop occurs. I can;t afford to drop fifty bucks on a game anymore.

Question to any 360 players... have any of you had problems with the game freezing? It has happened to me twice now. It says the disc cannot be read despite the fact that the disc does not have a single mark on it. I've heard this has been happening to several players on the IGN boards, and I was just wondering if it has been happening here as well.

It's not something I'm hugely concerned with, but it is pretty frustrating considering the console is less than a week old.

Well I finally finished my freshman season in Legend mode. Won the Maxwell award and Best QB award as well as the Big Ten title and more importantly, that little trophy given to the national champions. A bittersweet victory, as I lost out the Heisman award to Adrian Peterson, who we proceeded to smash in the national title game, 38-33. As a sophomore, I was named to the preseason All-American team. Hopefully this is the year I win the Heisman.

Guest Vitamin X

pfft. 38-33 isn't a smashing!

Unless you were up 38-3 before letting your 3rd stringers get some playing time.

Finally finished my first season on my Dynasty. Some highlights:

-Oklahoma State (yes Oklahoma State) went 13-0 and finished the regular season undefeated before losing 62-14 to West Virginia in the championship game.

-Cal went 2-9 with their only wins being over Portland State and Stanford.

-Rhett Bomar set a new NCAA record for passing efficiency.

-In true GT fashion, I choked away a promising season, losing my last 3 games to finish 7-6. (Apparently, I'm not quite good enough to play significant portions of the game on Heisman yet.)

-With only 90 recruiting points, I managed to convince Calvin Johnson to come back for his senior season. Thank god, as he was pretty much my whole team, ending up with over half my receiving yards.

Too tired to do all the offseason stuff right now, but felt like posting anyway. The Bomar thing in particular definitely made me chuckle.

So here I am accomplishing yet another great season in which I'm undefeated and going on to play, once again, the Miami Hurricanes for the ACC Title.

So we're pretty much even steven for most of the match. I'd score, they'd score. 21-16 just before the half. Then it happened. An INT and a fumble by Miami and I'm up 35-16. I figured "ok, its over. This game will suck". Its been a pretty solid game by both teams (sans the INT and fumble).

Then the second half gets all weird. Miami just decides to air the ball out. Soon its 38-34. Well, I just get pissed about this and I'm like "ok, fine. Monkey see, monkey do!"

So both teams just start air bombing each other in probably what was the greatest air raid display the nation will ever see for the second half. But of course, I managed to do better, blowing'em up 108-55. Both teams threw for nearly 700 yards. It was just a wild, wild game and I loved every minute of it.

pfft. 38-33 isn't a smashing!

Unless you were up 38-3 before letting your 3rd stringers get some playing time.

Well yes, we pulled the starters after half time after being up 35-0. Plus Adrian Peterson was also pulled after the 3rd quarter, with an abysmal -21 yards rushing.

BCS Disaster #1932758 in my Dynasty.

The situation:

I just beat LSU in the SEC title game to finish 12-0 and assure myself a spot in the BCS National Title game. Here's where it gets messy. Oklahoma, USC and West Virginia are all undefeated. Somehow a pair of two loss teams are ranked ahead of West Virginia (Texas and Ohio State). USC gets shafted and I'll be playing Oklahoma in the BCS title game.

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah, I've noticed that Ohio St. is always ranked way higher than they should be. They were 5-4 last year, and ranked ahead of two 10-0 teams (Missouri and Boise St.).

163 points, lolz.

I hope that wasn't 5 minute quarters.

No it was 7 minutes. But it was 35-18 at the half. That means 110 pts were scored in that last half.

BCS Disaster #1932758 in my Dynasty.

The situation:

I just beat LSU in the SEC title game to finish 12-0 and assure myself a spot in the BCS National Title game. Here's where it gets messy. Oklahoma, USC and West Virginia are all undefeated. Somehow a pair of two loss teams are ranked ahead of West Virginia (Texas and Ohio State). USC gets shafted and I'll be playing Oklahoma in the BCS title game.

I had the same thing happen in my first season. There was 6 undefeated teams (don't ask, I don't know). Funnier yet, none of them qualified for the National Title game.

And this past season that I just finished, West Virginia got screwed out of playing me. However, they lost their game, so it really didn't matter. That and I won.

Yeah, I've noticed that Ohio St. is always ranked way higher than they should be. They were 5-4 last year, and ranked ahead of two 10-0 teams (Missouri and Boise St.).

I think the pre-rankings are totally dependant on the status of your team and the recruiting you do and not what you did the past season. West Virginia dropped from a #3 last year, all the way to 22nd. Ohio State which was 15 last year, is starting this season at #2. Texas Longhorns were #6 at the end, move up to #3. Naturally, I booked both teams in my starting weeks.

Also I had an awesome off-season for recruiting, by nabbing 7 ***** players. I'm in a great position to make yet another run for a National Championship. However, I've got like 5QBs and 6HBs right now. 4 freshman for each and a total of 33 freshman overall.

Guest Princess Leena

That gets to be the crappy part once your team gets good... eventually, you're gonna have to cut the 4* and even 5* star guys to get down to 70. I hate it.