TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

the new king of rap

t.i.

this guy can & will be the enxt jay-z. he'll run the game soon enough. be accepting all of his mtv awards. start his own label. inspire legions of knock-offs to be him. its true.

t.i.

this guy can & will be the enxt jay-z. he'll run the game soon enough. be accepting all of his mtv awards. start his own label. inspire legions of knock-offs to be him. its true.

Just keep him out of Cincinnati.

t.i.

Are we supposed to know what that means or are you being purposefully mysterious?

t.i.

Are we supposed to know what that means or are you being purposefully mysterious?

*clears throat* Recently T.I's group was in Cincinnati (or outside it, whatever) and there was a shoot. One of the guy's is killed and some other shit happens. I'm not totally sure, seeing how I'm no longer living in Cincinnati. But yeah, it's a joke intended to play off the incident that I just described.

Personally, I'm not a fan of T.I which makes listening to the radio a chore since their playing one of his songs every five minutes down here.

Does TI have a signature vocal phrase like Jadakiss's "throat clearing" or Juelz Santana's "Ai!"? He'll need that if he hopes to make it big.

He doesn't really, but I'd argue that he's already bigger than either of those guys.

And yeah, Patrick told me he didn't really like "What You Know" so much. I was kinda surprised. Great summer jam. "Know you don't like me cause/Your bitch most likely does"? Fantastic. I still think "Rubberband Man" is his most fun single, but this song is a good'un, and way up there as far as declarations of rap superiority go. I believe him when he says it.

If T.I expands his subject matter he could be a monster. The things that he does lyrically alot of times goes unnoticed because he keeps talking about the same thing.

I am just not a fan of crack music, but I still like TI. His Gangsta Grillz CD was one of my alltime favorite mixtapes of all time.

dejavu

t.i.

I've thought that since I heard "Rubberband Man".

Is "King" accessible enough to those who haven't heard much TI, aside from the occasional Trap or Die mixtape track?

yes it is. trust me, please. not the rest who know nothing about anything.

Front Back isn't as glamorous as What You Know, but it's got Bun B tearing it up on there and one of those beats that sticks to your brain. I wore it out, but it's something to check out. At the very least, T.I. seems to have done better with King than his 2003 joint, which was the definition of an album centered around its singles. Just terrible.

Agreed on the front he needs to mix it up a bit, subject-wise. His schtick's a bit tired already and you can only have so many hot beats divert people away from your one-dimensional arsenal.

He doesn't really, but I'd argue that he's already bigger than either of those guys.

Right now he is. He's proven to have more lasting mainstream appeal than Jada, who sorta did his thing with Why? in 2004 and then quietly slipped back off the radar (and rightfully so).

I've got a soft spot for Juelz. He may only be getting publicity now, but he's been a guilty pleasure of mine since he was just one of Cam's right-hand men. He's improved lyrically, which doesn't say much, but he's fallen into the same pit T.I. has (one-note topics). It pains me he's gotten most of his attention because of his collab with Chris Brown and that inane whistle song, which I think is his worst single to date.

Jada sell everytime he drops an album. He fell off the radar because he hasn't released an album.

Jada sell everytime he drops an album. He fell off the radar because he hasn't released an album.

He fell off because 50 Cent pretty much sabotouged D-Block's careers. Styles P never dropped his album, and now Jada is off Interscope, was begging for his publishing back from Puffy (I think he finally got it) and right now he pretty much can't do shit other then drop a mixtape or sign with Koch.

Jadakiss murdered 50 Cent lyrically. Checkmate is one of the best disses of all time. Styles album is going to be out this year, and Jada is working on a new album.

T.I. is the most overrated rapper out right now. He has a good flow, but overrall he's fall off hard since Trap Muzik. He's not the king of rap, and he's not even the king of Atlanta(consider Ludacris already made him his bitch on Stomp, he has nothing lyrically on Andre 3000 or Big Boi, and you can argue Young Jeezy is just as popular)

Just wait until Outkast comes out with their CD, they will sell more then T.I.

Checkmate is NOT one of the best disses of all time.

Jada basically said the same shit to 50 that everyone else has. He's a sell-out, he doesn't live in NY anymore, he's a snitch, etc.

It's a great track, and I dig the hell out of Jada, but Checkmate doesn't even fall in the top 20 diss tracks of all time.

Checkmate is NOT one of the best disses of all time.

Jada basically said the same shit to 50 that everyone else has. He's a sell-out, he doesn't live in NY anymore, he's a snitch, etc.

It's a great track, and I dig the hell out of Jada, but Checkmate doesn't even fall in the top 20 diss tracks of all time.

Actually, Jada was the 1st to mention all those aside from the snitch. Jada was the 1st one to diss 50 Cent after he released Piggy Bank.

Jada took 50's beat and ripped him on it. I already put a post on here awhile ago going into depth about why Checkmate is good.

Checkmate was one of the best disses, but even that wasn't the best diss by Jada to 50. Problem Child, and the Sorry Miss Jackson freestyles were better. But Checkmate still ripped 50 a new asshole.